Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

2 hours ago, Destino said:

OKC slammed their title window shut when they traded James Harden.  They had a super team but failed to see it.  It was all downhill for them from there.  The front office drafted extremely well but lacked the vision necessary to make it work. 

Eh, we probably dont see the James Harden we see now if he stays in OKC.  It looks like they were sitting on a super team only because of what Hatden became in Houston.  But IMO, he needed to get his own ship to reach his potential.  

But it's tough to say their championship window closed when they had GS dead to rights, up 3-1 in the WCF and KD and Russ melted down.  That was 4 years AFTER Harden left.  Hell, the best season since they got to OKC was the first year after Harden.  The Hardrn trade didnt stop them.  Russ and KD were the alphas, they went as far as those two were gonna take them.

14 minutes ago, justice98 said:

If anything, people's beef should be with PG.  He's the one under contract that wwnt running asking for a trade just because somebody said something he liked. 

It's pretty simple, the OKC Thunder did not have to give into his trade demands. Period.  Another player talking to him, wanting to team up and discussing/convincing him to request a trade is exactly just that.  The Thunder could have easily said no, what's he gonna do?  Not play the next 2 years?  

If we are being perfectly honest, the Thunder were going nowhere with PG and Westbrook because they refused to build around them.  Him asking for a trade was probably the best thing to happen to that franchise at this point.  Now they can get rid of Westbrook and get even more picks/players and start a true rebuild.  

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Also, what stops Giannis from calling a superstar and getting them to come to him. 

Your missing my point saying this, but I'll take yours into consideration, its a good one.

If Giannis plucks a star from someone else team or leaves Bucks high and dry he no different no matter where he's from.  As a Wizards fan, i don't feel like this way of doing things is of any benefit to me, it'll never happen in my favor just my detriment.  If that's the way it is, that's the way it is, but I don't have to like it.

@Hersh is right that if the Wizards are a playoff team again and someone sets us back by getting one of our stars to want to out and go elsewhere, this and wizards thread will have a miny riot and we won't have to go looking for fans to get their perspective on what just happened to them.  The draft picks don't matter if the stars leave before getting a ring, we just sitting here hoping nobody cucks us after finally looking like we might semi-know what were doing for a change.

2 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I see that the Bucks signed Giannis' brother.  Gotta start the recruiting process to keep him there now.

If they have a sister, I'm pretty sure she could get signed right now.  The whole family is getting signed. 

3 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Gotta think Westbrook is on the block too.

Rumor is Houston wants him and his contract comes close to CP3's.  The backcourt we deserve, as if you could make the west anymore psychotic, we might not win a game against that conference.

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Yeah they've been doing it.  One example, I remember Wall talking about how he and Cousins knew they were going to go to college together since they were like 14.

Not talking about one or two players, more on the lines of 5+ players.  Example, the #1 ranked PG reaches out to the #1 ranked SG, the #3 SF, the #2 PF, the #4 C, etc. and they agree to all go to one school and pick one that will give them TV exposure, etc. and reach out to that school saying they all want scholarships there.  Knowing each other or not prior to is irrelevant.

13 minutes ago, CrypticVillain said:

Westbrook on Detroit makes more sense though... I just don't think Detroit has the assets to pull that trade off.

I'd like to see him on the Bucks.  Him and Giannis surrounded by shooters may not be flawless basketball, but it sure would be fun to watch.  It would let Middleton become the third option, where he's a better fit.  I doubt they have the cap space to do it though. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, CrypticVillain said:

First time someone said the Bucks... That's interesting.

I think the most logical place is New York. He might not win championships, but Westbrook on that team would be cool to watch.

Maple Mamba aint conceding shots

• Haha 2