Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

The only issue I have with Russ has nothing really to do with him, but with the staff changing the dynamic of the team so that he gets an inflated rebound percentage. If you have Adams and Kanter, aint no way Russ should be leading the team in rebounds. It was clear what was going on. Thats not on him, thats on the coaching staff. If you dont let the big men get engaged, they stop trying.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Why do you hate Russ

Knicks don’t deserve Russ. 

Hate is a strong word, but he basically ran off KD because he wanted to be face of the franchise costing him chance at a ring and breaking the NBA simultaneously. 

OKC doesn't deserve him either having two future MVP players on the roster with him same time and getting nothing out of it. Time to hit the reset button.

It's also probably closest Knicks will get to relevancy as incompetent as they are while giving something that can somewhat entertain that fanbase that keeps showing up regardless.  NBA has more storylines then a Wrestling league, bringing the Knicks in wouldn't hurt.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

He is 6’3. I get using the term but he isn’t short. 

As for the mouth stuff. It’s not that bad.

i just can’t hate on anyone who plays with 100% effort.  

You're right that he gives 100% effort but he plays low IQ basketball.  That's what annoys me about him.  It's frustrating.

But I agree with you, I like Westbrook the person.  He's a good guy and I want to see him win in OKC.  I like the passion he plays with and I think he conducts himself with class.  I wouldn't mind seeing a Washington--OKC trade where Beal ends up playing with him.

11 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

i just can’t hate on anyone who plays with 100% effort.  

That's fair.  I've seen what 100% effort into something the doesn't work looks like, but he doesn't seem to get that, which bothers me.  An alpha so territorial he doesn't have a pack makes no sense.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Hate is a strong word, but he basically ran off KD because he wanted to be face of the franchise costing him chance at a ring and breaking the NBA simultaneously. 

OKC doesn't deserve him either having two future MVP players on the roster with him same time and getting nothing out of it. Time to hit the reset button.

It's also probably closest Knicks will get to relevancy as incompetent as they are while giving something that can somewhat entertain that fanbase that keeps showing up regardless.  NBA has more storylines then a Wrestling league, bringing the Knicks in wouldn't hurt.

Come on man. Looking back, clearly KD has issues. He is too thin skinned. KD left GS because he knew he wasn’t going to be loved like Curry, but he had to know that before he signed there. 

Before KD left to meet with GS, he told Russ and co he would come back to OKC. He didn’t even call them back but instead text them. That’s a low blow. I don’t think Russ ran him off. Hell PG only signed with OKC cause of Russ. There’s another report saying Russ isn’t happy with OKC either. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah he’s tall but that’s what it comes across as. Little man complex like

the little dog that’s always barking. He’s just a punk to me always running his mouth and manufacturing beefs. The KD cupcake stuff and how he reacted to that was just childish. Grow up kid 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Come on man. Looking back, clearly KD has issues. He is too thin skinned. KD left GS because he knew he wasn’t going to be loved like Curry, but he had to know that before he signed there. 

Before KD left to meet with GS, he told Russ and co he would come back to OKC. He didn’t even call them back but instead text them. That’s a low blow. I don’t think Russ ran him off. Hell PG only signed with OKC cause of Russ. There’s another report saying Russ isn’t happy with OKC either. 

Which begs the question: Why did PG want out then?  Reading they may both of gotten tired of the OKC front office, but PG was also tired of dealing with Westbrook.  

I agree with you that KD has paper-thin skin, but don't agree Russell did what could've been done to keep him in OKC, he was fine with him leaving so he could be "The Man".  Russell is his own worst enemy, we've seen that twice now.

He is too loyal. I think it was pretty cowardly of KD saying he will be back and not manning up to call him back but instead texting him. 

In that situation, do you blame him for calling KD soft. I understand him changing his mind, but to not even call him back. That’s low. 

I think PG left because he saw an opportunity to win a championship and moving to LA was the cherry on top. 

1 minute ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

He is too loyal. I think it was pretty cowardly of KD saying he will be back and not manning up to call him back but instead texting him. 

In that situation, do you blame him for calling KD soft. I understand him changing his mind, but to not even call him back. That’s low. 

That just speaks to how toxic the relationship had likely become between them.  It was obvious how personal it had gotten with the first couple games between them, so whatever goodwill RW gotten from you being right that was low, he went low too nulifying it.  This was not just KD being soft, it takes two to tango and both of them cats was dancing.

Yeah I mean Russ should have taken the high road but he didn’t. However, the media all blamed Russ and made it seem it like he ran off KD. KD was likely leaving no matter what. 

Which makes it ironic. KD left GS cause he was never going to be loved liked Steph, but OKC loved KD. KD is a moody dude

Im curious to how Russ will handle PG leaving. I don’t think he is going to call him cupcake or anything like that. 

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27130335/how-kawhi-pulled-paul-george-away-okc

• Like 1

All these players wanting to go home, but KD passed because of the pressure living and playing in DMV would create.  And that was when he could have gone to a team with healthy Wall, Beal, and Otto.  And he wanted out of GSW because people liked Steph more than him or because of issues with Draymond?  Dude's got issues.

5 minutes ago, bearrock said:

All these players wanting to go home, but KD passed because of the pressure living and playing in DMV would create.  And that was when he could have gone to a team with healthy Wall, Beal, and Otto.  And he wanted out of GSW because people liked Steph more than him or because of issues with Draymond?  Dude's got issues.

He passed because the Wizards are a trash organization run by snakes, buffoons, and imbeciles. The only thing DC got right are the colors and John Wall. Thats it. Its got nothing to do with the DMV. That was just talk for selling shoes. He ever been back to DC or repped Skin's gear since then?

1 minute ago, Skin'emAlive said:

He passed because the Wizards are a trash organization run by snakes, buffoons, and imbeciles. The only thing DC got right are the colors and John Wall. Thats it. Its got nothing to do with the DMV. That was just talk for selling shoes. He ever been back to DC or repped Skin's gear since then?

Which is better for selling shoes?  Trashing the Wizards organization (which even Wiz fans would not dispute) or saying he doesn't want to play in DC?  

He went to join GSW after having them on the ropes for a 3-1 lead rather than regrouping and trying again.  Need we say more?

We f'd ourselves out of that ever happening by putting him in a Wizards jersey on the jumbotron during a game while he was still with OKC.  Even Wall hated it, he never forgave us for that.  That doesn't take away from the pattern KD is showing, but we have a pattern, too, not a good one. Hope that changes with new regime.

3 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

And the Brooklyn Nets are a good one?  He passed because the Warriors were a surefire ticket to rings and he didn't want to deal with playing in DC.  Plus the Warriors have figured out some way of paying their players under the table that gets them to sign bargain contracts.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

We f'd ourselves out of that ever happening by putting him in a Wizards jersey on the jumbotron during a game while he was still with OKC.  Even Wall hated it, he never forgave us for that.  That doesn't take away from the pattern KD is showing, but we have a pattern, too, not a good one. Hope that changes with new regime.

I have no qualms with any player who says to the Wizards, get back to me when you gain some semblance of competence.  And DC's courting of KD was an abject embarrassment.  But I do think KD has issues.

Durant is thoughtful and sensitive and introverted.  He is cut more from the cloth of an NFL player than a typical NBA superstar in terms of personality.  Very team oriented and very religious.  Doesn't really love the limelight.  And he's prickly and he will turn on you quick if you insult him or break his code.

I think he is authentic and I don't think he fit in well with the Warriors, who already had a very well defined culture.  They are aggressive and inauthentic and super California.  It wasn't the right fit, but he got his rings out them and cemented himself as one of the greatest players in the history of the league.

This is what I'm talking about, this will be fun watching to see how many former stars the Lakers can sign.  Already linked to Stodumire and Monte Ellis, might as well call Melo. I'm going to be weak if it comes out they called Kobe after he just had another kid.

Image result for kobe bryant shaking his head