Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

2 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

KNICKS

KNICKS

KNICKS!!!

:ols::ols::ols:

I don't know where he'd end up going but I can't imagine a good outcome for him.

I will say this about Russ though.

I know people trash Russ and I understand the reasons why.  But 15 years ago, if someone were to tell fans that a player would average a triple double in a season, not one or two but for THREE years in a row, most peoples minds would be ****ing blown.  That was one of those sports stats that people would be like "Yeah, I'm not sure we'll ever see THAT again."  And even if people were told "well, he gets some rebounds that aren't contested and it pads his stats, does that matter to you?"  I'm willing to bet most people would be like "Yeah, whatever, he's still averaging a TRIPLE DOUBLE?!?! ALL YEAR??  Not even Jordan did that, this guy's gotta be like the best player ever right?" 

Like I said, I can't imagine a good outcome for him, he looks like he destined to be a guy who goes down as a great but doesn't win a ring.  But I think history will be kind to him.

• Like 1

Cousins's deal is for only 2.3 million.  Man, he is going for that ring.  I respect the all out drive to win and the willingness to sacrifice to make it happen.  But he is killing his career earning potential by taking these bargain bin deals.

I think it's a great signing for the Lakers.  He is still a good center and he enjoys playing with Anthony Davis.

I'm less sold on the Rondo signing.  The Lakers were noticeably better with him off the court than on the court last season.  He's a credible name to man the PG spot, but I think they should have found a younger player.  Tomas Satoransky would have been perfect for them.

14 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Weird how you have such a boner for Harden but not Westbrook. 

Westbrook is a stathound, glory boy choker...not unlike Kirk Cousins, really.

Harden is one of the greatest pure scorers to ever play.

Get in where you fit in.

Edited by TryTheBeal!
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

At some point we need to have a discussion about Dwight, Carmelo Anthony, and probably Russell Westbrook. 

3 HOF players with ridiculously polarizing careers. 

Howard's and Anthony's should be polarizing enough to keep them out, but it won't.  

We would be prioritizing their stats and potential over everything else, like having this conversation in a way we could talk about if they played elsewhere and didn't have the personalities they had.  No, they bounced around the league because of those personalities, it cost them a chance at any rings to point you couldn't tell if that was a priority to them.

I wouldn't want them to qualify and question what it means to be a HOF player that they are let in.  Is it really just about the stats?

12 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Howard's and Anthony's should be polarizing enough to keep them out, but it won't.  

We would be prioritizing their stats and potential over everything else, like having this conversation in a way we could talk about if they played elsewhere and didn't have the personalities they had.  No, they bounced around the league because of those personalities, it cost them a chance at any rings to point you couldn't tell if that was a priority to them.

I wouldn't want them to qualify and question what it means to be a HOF player that they are let in.  Is it really just about the stats?

Dwight's first 8-9 years in the league is what got him in the Hall.  His stats and award resume was insane. 

Melo is one of the best pure scorers in the league's history.  However, he's one of the last HOF caliber players you'd ever want to build around OR potentially want on your team.  I don't know if I articulated this well LOL...

Russ...all about him.  Will compromise and sabotage a team dynamic for his own stats.   One of the most unique athletes in the history of the sport.  However, I wouldn't want him running my team.  Of all the HOF PGs, he'd probably be near the bottom of guys that you'd want. 

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

And it begins. Zion out for the rest of the preseason with the knee.

1.) Its Summer League, not preseason

2.) Its likely precautionary which is what they shouldve done in the first place. No way he shouldve gone out there that overweight

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

Dwight's first 8-9 years in the league is what got him in the Hall.  His stats and award resume was insane. 

Melo is one of the best pure scorers in the league's history.  However, he's one of the last HOF caliber players you'd ever want to build around OR potentially want on your team.  I don't know if I articulated this well LOL...

Russ...all about him.  Will compromise and sabotage a team dynamic for his own stats.   One of the most unique athletes in the history of the sport.  However, I wouldn't want him running my team.  Of all the HOF PGs, he'd probably be near the bottom of guys that you'd want. 

I feel what you saying cause despite saying my piece early about him, I wouldn't stand in the way of him going to HoF with those stats and effort.  I believe he wanted to win, but wanted to win his way, I never felt that was a priority for Melo or Howard, and that just got worse with time.

53 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Woj reported no teams are interested in cousins. Those injuries have cost him millions.  

Probably over a hundred million.  But I feel like he still could have at least gotten an MLE deal from someone.  And if he'd been willing to go to a bad team, more than that.  Jabari Parker got one year and 20 million from the Bulls.  I think he could easily get that from some crappy team with cap space.  And then use that salary to get raises from there.

He wants to win a ring.  He's walked away from tens of millions of dollars to try and get one, even with his injuries.  He's had some horrible luck.

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Cousins's deal is for only 2.3 million.  Man, he is going for that ring.  I respect the all out drive to win and the willingness to sacrifice to make it happen.  But he is killing his career earning potential by taking these bargain bin deals.

I think it's a great signing for the Lakers.  He is still a good center and he enjoys playing with Anthony Davis.

I'm less sold on the Rondo signing.  The Lakers were noticeably better with him off the court than on the court last season.  He's a credible name to man the PG spot, but I think they should have found a younger player.  Tomas Satoransky would have been perfect for them.

The Lakers needed a point guard that can shoot and defend, more than an assist guy.  Lebron, Boogie, and AD can all hit threes, but they really just want to take wide open looks.  Not the sort that really space the floor.  Rondo doesn’t even need to be checked at the three line.