Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

29 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Would probably start with Bam and Winslow. 

I wonder if that would be enough to get OKC to pull the trigger though.  Plus I think you'd have to add almost 20 million more in salary.

That'd be a tremendously favorable deal for Miami.  It would vault you guys into the upper echelon of the East.

13 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I wonder if that would be enough to get OKC to pull the trigger though.  Plus I think you'd have to add almost 20 million more in salary.

That'd be a tremendously favorable deal for Miami.  It would vault you guys into the upper echelon of the East.

Oh im sure we'll throw in some 2032 picks and someones firstborn to sweeten the deal. But it probably doesnt even begin without them. Probably Herro as well.

2 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Brick to the Heat?!?

I shall sharpen my knives...

They should already be sharp from stabbing Uncle Sam in the back, Commie.

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Haha 4

I'm rooting for the kid.

he's not completely devoid of skill, but you can tell his movement isn't NBA level. Even got some weight to his frame, but i think he'll still get pushed out of position too often to be playable in the nba right now. He'll be a nice g-league attraction though

He is slow as Hell and that free throw shot is a mess.  He's a sideshow but watching people try and play ball denial or move him out of deep position is fun.

Jaxson Hayes had 28 points on 15 shots.  Could have had several more if he was a better FT shooter.  That kid is unbelievably explosive.  If he can do a better job on the glass, then he could be special.  That frontcourt is going to be amazing.  They have a chance to be a dominant team on Zion's rookie deal.

19 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

He is slow as Hell and that free throw shot is a mess.  He's a sideshow but watching people try and play ball denial or move him out of deep position is fun.

He needs to shoot FT underhanded.  

I think if he does that he's got a future in the NBA for at least a few years.  Right now, he seems to run the floor pretty well and has a pretty good touch around the basket.  He's going to affect shots, get rebounds and be fouled

If he shoots FT underhand, I think he can quickly become a 70+% FT shooters.  The key is he's going to get fouled so he needs to make FT.

With everything else, I think he can get a few years in as 10+ minute player.  I'd say even longer, but I suspect his body is going to break down relatively quickly.

I'm curious as to how flexible he is.

Edited by PeterMP

This Pelicans draft class looks like an incredible one.  It fell through the cracks due to the big offseasons the Lakers and Clippers and Nets had, but Memphis and New Orleans had franchise-altering offseasons.  They are future power teams if they can keep these young guys healthy and together.

Minnesota has a sneaky good foundation for future success too.  They should trade for Westbrook.  I like him paired with a big man like Towns rather than trading possessions with an on ball wing like Butler.

Phoenix is just a bad organization.  Nobody has done less with more than them.  Not even Charlotte.

Sacramento's upside isn't as high as it seems.  I don't think they'll make a Denver-like leap from 8th seed mix to power team.  Maybe I'm wrong and Bagley is way better than I expect, but it feels like their future ceiling is lower than the Wolves, Mavs, Grizzlies, and Pelicans.

San Antonio won't do it on Pop's watch, but it's time for them to trade off assets and rebuild.

The Clippers have a shorter clock on their window than the Lakers do.  Davis is the best and youngest player on either team, and they'll be able to pull future blue chippers because of him.  But they need to replenish their young assets.  This three year run is it for the Clippers.  They will never have a better construction and opportunity than now, and they will not have future assets to generate a second-wind type of run after this first window closes like the Warriors are trying to do.  They have got to get a championship before Kawhi and PG hit free agency again.

7 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

sac Is stupid for giving that contract to Barnes. He is not impactful at all. He is a worse Wiggins. 

It's like paying Jeff Green 20 million a year.  I don't understand the rationale behind letting Cauley-Stein walk and keeping Barnes at full cost.  Could have just kept Bogdonavich and run a core of Fox, Hield, Bogs, Bagley, and WCS.  That would have been strong.

The Kings are like the Wizards, only somehow worse.  They finally get a young core together that looks promising and they immediately start mismanaging their money.

On 7/9/2019 at 8:48 AM, stevemcqueen1 said:

Might want to think it through more than that.  That line up has a power forward playing 2 guard, a center playing power forward, and a power forward playing center.

I mean we all know by now ix doesn't actually watch sports lolol

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Did you miss Draymond's memo on the term "owners"?

I had heard something about that awhile back but didn't think much of it.  I've never associated a team owner as "owning" the players, always things like the trademark, uniforms, arena, team name, etc so I didn't pay any attention.

I generally tune out of NBA news around this time for awhile, I just happened to see something on ESPN about it.