Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Meanwhile the Cavs are paying Mozgov, under 5 million. Whatever scout in Cleveland saw him and said "we need that guy" deserves a raise. Though I suspect he'll get substantially more money once his contract expires.

Mozgov was wanted by no one in the NBA if I recall correctly. The Cavs coach wanted him because he coached him on the Russian team.

Or did I remember that wrong?

Heard this on the radio today - Jay Mohr Sports.  I don't recall seeing this discussed, so it is an interesting point of discussion to fill the void for a couple of days at least. 

Warrior Fans Boo Owner During Mullin Jersey Retirement Ceremony (back in 2012)

Rick Barry called out the fans for being idiots...

ProBasketballTalk.com: Why Did Warrior Fans Boo (also from 2012)

... and all this because they traded Monta Ellis for Bogut.

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/nba-league-pass-to-offer-single-game-single-team-packages-1201521389/

Starting with the 2015-16 season that tips off in late October, fans will have the opportunity to purchase both single games, individual-team packages or the traditional package of nearly 1,000 live out-of-market games (featuring all 30 teams) throughout the regular season. The single-game offerings will allow fans to select individual NBA League Pass live games on a given day, and the individual team package will give fans the option to follow one team all season.

Hard to fault the booing of Lacob that Warriors fans did back in 2010.

They had just traded the uber popular Monta Ellis for a guy who wasn't going to play that year and had been considered a great but always injured big man. They also got Stephen Jackson in the deal but they traded him for a draft pick immediately (that pick from the Spurs became Festus Ezeli). 

Such a great idea! Think I saw MLB is going to be offering something similar as well. Now if only the NFL would do the same. I feel like more people would buy Sunday Ticket if it was say $100 for the season just for your team. Asking people to spend $300+ to watch your team play once a week seems crazy.

Heard this on the radio today - Jay Mohr Sports.  I don't recall seeing this discussed, so it is an interesting point of discussion to fill the void for a couple of days at least. 

Warrior Fans Boo Owner During Mullin Jersey Retirement Ceremony (back in 2012)

... and all this because they traded Monta Ellis for Bogut.

Lol.  Not just because they traded Monta.   Because of 30 straight years of inept management.  30 years of Snyder level disrespect to an incredibly loyal fanbase.  

This is one of the best articles Bill Simmons ever wrote, and explains that day perfectly.   I recommend it to all of you.  Even if you don't care about the Warriors, it's a great read.

http://grantland.com/features/how-annoy-fan-base-60-easy-steps/

Edited by Predicto

Click to read the rest

http://espn.go.com/blog/marc-stein/post/_/id/3896/lebrons-handling-of-blatt-unbecoming

LeBron's handling of Blatt unbecoming

I have a question for LeBron James that I really hope he'll field someday.

A question that can be asked a variety of ways.

What kind of coach do you want?

Who out there is a coach you'd actually like to play for?

Who could ‎the Cleveland Cavaliers hire that you'd give some meaningful backing?

I don't have the answers to any of those queries. Cavs assistant coach Ty Lue is my best guess.

I know this much, though: LeBron James is too brilliant as a basketball player, too truly great, to behave the way he did toward David Blatt during the NBA Finals.

We literally saw peak LeBron and the corresponding LeBron nadir over those six gripping games with Golden State. He ‎had staffers from the 67-win Warriors almost quaking at night in fear of the havoc he was wreaking, such was his genius in controlling tempo and carrying a skeleton of a roster to a 2-1 lead that actually made you think the Cavs could win it all with Kyrie IrvingKevin Loveand his beloved Anderson Varejao all sidelined.

And we likewise saw LeBron emasculate Blatt in ways that are simply unbecoming of a player of James' legend-in-the-making stature.

I saw it from close range in my role as sideline reporter through the Finals for ESPN Radio. LeBron essentially calling timeouts and making substitutions. LeBron openly barking at Blatt after decisions he didn't like. LeBron huddling frequently with Lue and so often looking at anyone other than Blatt.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

I heard about that Brian Windhorst report... rare to see Lebron's stalker come up with a report that left Lebron looking like such a jerk but apparently it's an open secret.

It's easy to admire Lebron on the court but reading his about issues with coaches and seeing him, after a loss, announce that he's the greatest player in the world... It's fairly easy to arrive at the conclusion that his ego has gotten out of control. He's making MJ and Kobe look humble. Not Shaq though, that dude also had a god complex he didn't bother hiding.

• Like 1

Queen James

I hope he never wins another title again. He's amazing talented, but I cannot cheer for the type of person he is. He resembles the absolute worst in people, in my opinion.

I don't know if you can be LeBron James in the modern world and not be messed up in some ways.  You live in a bizarre world, under a microscope 24/7.

I think James is about 500% better of a person than Michael Jordan ever was.   He just has worse PR (or it's harder for athletes to play the PR game anymore).     

• Like 2

That's the thing Predicto. Jordan was/is a cheating philanderer who had ladies in every town. So was Magic. But you don't ever hear that about Lebron. And yet..it's Lebron who's the horrible dude.

WTF?

I'm not sure I've seen too many people argue that Jordan is a good guy. It's well known that he's an awful person that pretty much no one gets along well with.

Magic does seem to be thought of as a decent person.

Predicto - that. article explained nothing. Basically any fan base that has gone without a championship for a long time should boo their owner - they wernt thinking about the 80s or Sprewell era when they booed.

But its a good article about long time front office ineptness.

That's the thing Predicto. Jordan was/is a cheating philanderer who had ladies in every town. So was Magic. But you don't ever hear that about Lebron. And yet..it's Lebron who's the horrible dude.

WTF?

Are you serious? This thread is literally pages of calling Michael Jordan a psychopath when LKB isn't here telling people you're not allowed to type his name.

It's a pretty good consensus that all things considered, LeBron isn't a bad guy. It's so hard to not be ****ed at as a modern star with the Internet and social media.