Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

That was maybe the easiest series in history to analyze:

The Cavs were tired.

The end.

Two takeaways:

1. Klay Thompson was as bad in that series as any All Star caliber player has ever been in an NBA Finals. And no one seems to have noticed.

2. JR Smith scoring 50 points on circus shots in the last minute of a deciding game while his team's chances were practically nil is just about as JR Smith as you can get. Lebron has to just despise that dude.

• Like 2

How bad Klay Thompson was would have been a big deal if Iggy hadn't picked up all of his slack.  And then some.

Thompson was solid in game one and brilliant in game two.  But three, four, five, and six were beyond awful.  It's clear he wasn't a true second star this season, and he wasn't ready to be a big time playoff performer.  His average game scores sucked, but at least he did shoot pretty well on decent usage.  18.6 PPG with a .553 TS% on 23.4% usage with shooting splits of .446/.390/.800 is at least very high quality role player territory.  And he definitely showed a knack for creating scoring opportunities for himself.  I was also pleasantly surprised with his defensive rebounding in the Cavs series.  He came up with a lot of big rebounds, 11.7 DRB% is pretty good for a SG.

I'm really curious about his ceiling.  Is he a moderately wealthy man's prime Kevin Martin?  Or is he going to be a real star?  I think he's going to have to be for Golden State to stay a power as their players get more expensive.

LeBron deserves a zillion ovations for what he did to even keep Cleveland relevant. And he should not take a knock for losing this Finals at all, he was doomed from the start.

But let's get one thing straight, he is not the true reason Golden State didn't sweep. Golden State played like dog**** for half the series. That's what kept them from sweeping. Despite winning, they never played up to their true potential for one entire game this series. And Klay Thompson was awful but for one game. The splash brothers never hit stride at the same time.

Klay was a one game wonder this series.

Pretty sad for an All-Star.

My only disappointment in the entire series...LeBron was so done at the end of the game...That is what happens when you carry a team. I was just hoping he could carry them one more game in spite of my prediction of 6, in spite of me saying the Dubs would win the last 3 games.

LeBron was the MVP though, we all know it. Agree or not ...it would have been a sweep otherwise.

How bad Klay Thompson was would have been a big deal if Iggy hadn't picked up all of his slack.  And then some.

Yeah, Klay needs to thank Iggy and even Barbosa and Livingston for picking up his slack.  He didn't play to his reg season performance in the finals...

Kudos to GS.  Their overall talent depth wore out Cleve.

Edited by Enforcer_FFX

Klay was a one game wonder this series.

Pretty sad for an All-Star.

My only disappointment in the entire series...LeBron was so done at the end of the game...That is what happens when you carry a team. I was just hoping he could carry them one more game in spite of my prediction of 6, in spite of me saying the Dubs would win the last 3 games.

LeBron was the MVP though, we all know it. Agree or not ...it would have been a sweep otherwise.

By the end of that game I actually felt bad for LeBron. He's only human, the guy was exhausted. But I don't feel too bad because he'll be back in the Finals next year barring a massive trade in the Eastern Conference. Hopefully he'll have a healthy team this time.

By the end of that game I actually felt bad for LeBron. He's only human, the guy was exhausted. But I don't feel too bad because he'll be back in the Finals next year barring a massive trade in the Eastern Conference. Hopefully he'll have a healthy team this time.

He just had the look of defeat in the fourth. If any of those guys stepped up they would have not had 2 big deficits to overcome.

I'm pretty sure LeBron has played the equivalent of one extra season counting the playoffs over the last several years. You really have to wonder at what point he starts breaking down. Or the guy is simply super human.

I heard earlier today that it is 2 seasons.

Klay has always been streaky though..even this year. There will be times he can throw anything up and it goes in..see that 3rd quarter back in January against the Kings when he scored 37 points on his own. Then there will be groups of games in a row where he barely scores in the teens. 

That said..I'd rather have him at SG than almost anyone else in the NBA right now. Harden being the exception.

edit..thought this meme was funny.

nba-finals-memes_15.jpg?itok=eYZX5MOC

Two more that have been going around this morning...

nba-finals-memes_6.jpg?itok=JZNLl64T

nba-finals-memes_2.jpg?itok=USAFw0i2

Edited by The Evil Genius

There was a flurry of Dellavadova (and I have no idea if I spelled that right) activity at around 3 minutes to go in the 4th last night that was just adorable.

It was like he said to himself, "This is my time to save the season!" and decided the best way to do it was to just run around like a crazy person.

I'm sure some old white sportswriters were moved to tears.

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother
  • Like 1

Mike and mike spent more time talking about Bron than they did honoring the champs in GS. what a shocker

They even had a segment with Golic's brother as a "representative" for Cleveland fan sports. Jesus SMFH

Edited by Chew

Magic Johnson:

"Well, he lost so it's not the greatest performance, but Lebron is a special guy."

So csn the MJ vs BRON comparisons stop now, please? !

If you don't respect magic Johnsons opinion....well....I got nothing

If you don't respect magic Johnsons opinion....well....I got nothing

They don't. Magic already stated that Kobe was the greatest Laker.

Lebron would have pushed Delly off a bridge if it got him JLin. At least Lin had an nba-ish offensive game. You see Delly's shooting form?

haha. True. Lin was just sloppy at times and would not make decisions. As a PG, that is problematic.

Lebron is the story because he is the greatest - this is Lebron's generation.

When the games are about a hercules taking on 5 or 6 lesser men in "battle" the herculean man deserves lots of credit. If he went down in 4 or 5 he would be less of the story today.

• Like 1