Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Kobe ****ing Bryant couldn't bring the Lakers to the playoffs in one of his best statistical seasons, when he was at his absolute peak, when he was surrounded by garbage.

(but yeah, people were overvaluing Love)

That's because Kobe doesn't actually make his teammates better like most superstars do. His teams aren't **** if they aren't loaded with overwhelming talent.

But Kobe is also a SG. Love is a big man. When is the last time a supposed top five player or even top five big man couldn't get his team to the postseason in, what, seven seasons?

Also, the earlier comparison made to Melo is also unfair. Melo's teams made the playoffs all but like two seasons of his career.

More fuel to the fire...

Wow.  That gotta be fake right?  I know athletes are supposed to look for themselves (like everyone else does at work) but damn that's some ****.  He's already talking about bouncing and we aren't even at the allstar break. 

Edited by Destino

Kobe ****ing Bryant couldn't bring the Lakers to the playoffs in one of his best statistical seasons, when he was at his absolute peak, when he was surrounded by garbage.

Well Kobe did get the Lakers in as an 8 seed once or twice. IIRC they faced the 1 seed Suns one year and had a 3-1 lead but blew it. The Kobe of now is well past his prime though.

So what's Melo's excuse?  :)

Melo took the Nuggets to the playoffs quite a bit.

But he is also overrated. Just not Kevin Love overrated.

Well he's a ball hog so there's that. And a volume shooter.

what year was this for Kobe?

His amazing run when he was averaging 30+ and should have won at least one MVP, the Lakers made the playoffs all those years.

Dont besmirch an All Time great by comparing him to Love.

The only time he missed the playoffs in the aughts, he got injured and played like 66 games.

And Lebron is now out for 2 weeks with knee and back injuries. Miami really got everything out of dude.

Kevin Love is a full on catastrophe in Cleveland right now. 1-8 tonight and truly horrible defense.All with Lebron out with a sore knee.

Like what do you do with him right now? I guess you ride it out but you can't give him a max deal at this point. Can they let him walk and accept the fact they traded the #1 overall pick for a one-year rental of Kevin Love's worst season as a pro?

He's a 17/10 guy who is shooting 43 percent and is a giant negative on defense. Before this season, I would have ranked Love slightly ahead of Bosh in a power forward ranking. I feel like I need to send a notarized letter of apology to Bosh for that. I'm not sure I've ever been more wrong on a player. I'm usually decent at spotting the "guy putting up numbers on a terrible team" player. But Love looked like he belonged on the Olympic team. Now I think Paul Millsap should have gotten those medals.

If I'm running Cleveland's front office, I am in a full-fledged panic right now.

I remmeber saying "Bosh>Love" a year or so ago and getting scoffed at. He better. Bosh can do what Love does, but plays defense. And he got his teams into the playoffs in Toronto.

That's because Kobe doesn't actually make his teammates better like most superstars do. His teams aren't **** if they aren't loaded with overwhelming talent.

But Kobe is also a SG. Love is a big man. When is the last time a supposed top five player or even top five big man couldn't get his team to the postseason in, what, seven seasons?

Also, the earlier comparison made to Melo is also unfair. Melo's teams made the playoffs all but like two seasons of his career.

man,shut up.

It cracks me up how Kobe makes no one better and his teams are usually stacked, but then those players never are as good as they were with Kobe either before or after.

B6UIBcXCcAEiJoX.png

"Derrick Rose is back" - A Bulls fan, quietly lying to themselves.

Can you cut the guy a break? This is the first consistent play he's had in two years. Also, you're neglecting to add that he's closed out the last 4 Bulls wins by himself including tonight. Check his 4th quarter stats. Not to mention going shot for shot with Lillard and Wall in the last 3 weeks. The guy is actually playing and the team is winning...a lot

Now if he shoots another 3, I'll kick him in his balls

Edited by BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93

man,shut up.

It cracks me up how Kobe makes no one better and his teams are usually stacked, but then those players never are as good as they were with Kobe either before or after.

You know, I don't really have a problem with Kobe. Just all of the Kobe Stans like you that have been overrating him his entire career. This season must be pretty embarrassing for you guys. Probably the worst individual season any great player has ever had. And his "awful" team is actually so much better when he doesn't play.

Oh yeah, I should say I wasn't totally accurate when I said his teams aren't **** when they don't have overwhelming talent. Sometimes they aren't **** even when they do (2012-2013).

What is happening right now with Kobe is caused by that front office. Kobe's an NBA senior citizen and his team refuses to hold him accountable for anything and gave him a large undeserved contract. No one in that organization has the power or willingness to tell him no, so he does as he pleases... Which is never a good attitude to have towards any player. Unless you want to end up with gold plated guns on the locker room and a coach that is unable to control any player.

Edited by Destino

You know, I don't really have a problem with Kobe. Just all of the Kobe Stans like you that have been overrating him his entire career. This season must be pretty embarrassing for you guys. Probably the worst individual season any great player has ever had. And his "awful" team is actually so much better when he doesn't play.

Oh yeah, I should say I wasn't totally accurate when I said his teams aren't **** when they don't have overwhelming talent. Sometimes they aren't **** even when they do (2012-2013).

hes had 16 years of greatness. I think Im pretty good with dude having a season season like this.

And this awful team is awful with or without Kobe.

I just think its funny when clowns, like yourself, run with the "he can only win with stacked teams" argument and then you point how "stacked" those actually teams were and its crickets. He makes no one better yet those players never are as good without Kobe.

in 2012/13, was it really Kobe's fault that they hired D'Antoni over Phil Jackson? Or that Dwight Howard is the worst "best big man in the NBA" in history?

Kobe Bomaye, and that is all.

hes had 16 years of greatness. I think Im pretty good with dude having a season season like this.

And this awful team is awful with or without Kobe.

I just think its funny when clowns, like yourself, run with the "he can only win with stacked teams" argument and then you point how "stacked" those actually teams were and its crickets. He makes no one better yet those players never are as good without Kobe.

in 2012/13, was it really Kobe's fault that they hired D'Antoni over Phil Jackson? Or that Dwight Howard is the worst "best big man in the NBA" in history?

Kobe Bomaye, and that is all.

Touched a nerve did I? Are you seriously trying to claim that his teams that actually won weren't stacked? And what other players has Kobe actually make better?

I was half joking when I said it before, but you really are such a Kobe Stan. Who also has an admiration for Nick Young and thinks Wilt Chamberlain was greater than Bill Russell. Congratulations, you are the most obnoxious kind of basketball fan.

What is happening right now with Kobe is caused by that front office. Kobe's an NBA senior citizen and his team refuses to hold him accountable for anything and gave him a large undeserved contract. No one in that organization has the power or willingness to tell him no, so he does as he pleases... Which is never a good attitude to have towards any player. Unless you want to end up with gold plated guns on the locker room and a coach that is unable to control any player.

Ding ding mother****ing ding

I get he's an OG but the guy is running the show at this monent. It's like Snyder owns them

Touched a nerve did I? Are you seriously trying to claim that his teams that actually won weren't stacked? And what other players has Kobe actually make better?

I was half joking when I said it before, but you really are such a Kobe Stan. Who also has an admiration for Nick Young and thinks Wilt Chamberlain was greater than Bill Russell. Congratulations, you are the most obnoxious kind of basketball fan.

Hardly. I dont get bothered by people slandering Kobe because i realize it comes from hate and a lack of understanding of the game.

Check the rosters that Kobe won titles with. The 3-peat Lakers had one other current All Star in Shaq. Shaq is an all time great and thats not a knock, but the team they had prior with Van Exel, Eddie Jones and them was actually more talented. Unless we are saying Rick Fox and Robert Horry were superstar players. Or 38 year old AC Green and Horace Grant.

The two-peat, he had Gasol who was an All Star. Gasol, a guy who NEVER won an NBA playoff game without Kobe Bryant. If anything, Kobe raised Gasol's profile and made him a better player but no one likes to talk about that. Bynum was an inconsistent big who was always in and out of the lineup (which is often not noted). Artest had waned a bit before he arrived, but I will give you Artest. That was it. IF we are gonna make an argument that Lamar Odom, Jordan Farmar, and Trevor Ariza makes them a stacked team then you are confused. And none of those players were as good before and after Kobe.

But even more than that, lets say those teams were stacked. Were those squads more stacked than Miami the last couple of years? What about the Bulls in the 90s? Or the Spurs of the aughts? What about the Lakers and Celtics of the 80s? You have to have a great team to win titles, so I dont see how its an insult. The best team in the NBA usually wins the NBA title, unless they have a major injury. But the way you all tell it, Kobe played with Magic, Bird, and had Shaq at center.

I have no admiration for Nick Young so whatever.

And yes, Wilt Chamberlain used to dominate Bill Russell. He was better. Russell has the rings because his teams were stacked. I guess the argument is good for one but not for Kobe.

Don't forget his boy Russy pooh

of course,he a great player. DO any of you actually watch basketball?
  • Like 1

Bro i usually agree with you but now you're ****ing reaching lol

Those Lakers title teams follow the tried and true proven blueprint for every NBA title team ever

2 stars. HOF coach. Top tier vets and solid benches

Yes they were stacked.

That doesn't make Kobe's resume look worse at all.

Oh lord and Chamberlain better than Russell??!!

He used to dominate him?

WUT???

Chamberlain's teams weren't stacked??

WUT?? lol

He played with Jerry West, Elgin Baylor, and Gail Goodridge lol

And was coached by a HOF

Bro i usually agree with you but now you're ****ing reaching lol

Those Lakers title teams follow the tried and true proven blueprint for every NBA title team ever

2 stars. HOF coach. Top tier vets and solid benches

Yes they were stacked.

That doesn't make Kobe's resume look worse at all.

Oh lord and Chamberlain better than Russell??!!

He used to dominate him?

WUT???

Chamberlain's teams weren't stacked??

WUT?? lol

He played with Jerry West, Elgin Baylor, and Gail Goodridge lol

My post talked about the bolded. But more in depth those Lakers were not super teams. They were not all time great title teams. (well the repeat team, the first team had Shaq)

Even the Shaq team had a bunch of spares around Shaq and Kobe.

To keep it fair, I feel the same way about Jordan's Bulls as well during the first 3-peat.

And my post about Chamberlain was about him versus Russell when he was in Philly. And yes, Chamberlain dominated Russell. He set the rebound record against Russell.

what year was this for Kobe?

His amazing run when he was averaging 30+ and should have won at least one MVP, the Lakers made the playoffs all those years.

Dont besmirch an All Time great by comparing him to Love.

The only time he missed the playoffs in the aughts, he got injured and played like 66 games.

And Lebron is now out for 2 weeks with knee and back injuries. Miami really got everything out of dude.

I remmeber saying "Bosh>Love" a year or so ago and getting scoffed at. He better. Bosh can do what Love does, but plays defense. And he got his teams into the playoffs in Toronto.

man,shut up.

Actually... i was saying EVEN kobe couldn't win without a good team around him (as in "even one of the best players in the history of the game, Kobe, couldn't win...")

but your responses positioned you as lunaticKobejockstrapfondler .. and since Kobe really is a big fat jerkfaced turd... you deserve an atomic wedgie