Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Bulls-Warriors was my preseason pick and I see no reason to switch it at this point

I'm also leaning towards Hawks-Thunder for my back up pick.

I'm the only human being that believe in ATL outside of the state of GA lol

And Trevor Booker looks really good. He can shoot 3s now in addition to his hustle.

Crazy.

Bulls were abominable and deserved what they got. They have a bad habit of playing down to ****ty competition

And Derrick is playing like ****. No way to sugar coat it. Thankfully, they have two other All Stars on the roster. He'll turn it around tho

Edited by BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93

As a former resident of beijing I can attest that he is indeed big there. China loves basketball. Like the entire country loves basketball. And Beijing has won a lot with him in their league. You could walk down some of the ****tiest streets of Beijing and if you peeked in a window or doorway of someone's home, 60% chance it was propaganda wartime movies, the other 40% it's the nba.

Secondly, it too SVG less than a half of a season to fix Detroit. He deserves a medal.

Secondly, it too SVG less than a half of a season to fix Detroit. He deserves a medal.

I would love to know how that meeting went. I can see Stan shambling into the Pistons owners office.

"Sir I've figured out the problem. The good news is it's easily fixed, the bad news it will be expensive."

"Well don't keep us in suspense Stan, what is the problem?"

"Josh Smith, sir. The problem is entirely Josh Smith. "

Edited by Destino

An Irish NBA/Bulls fan got upset with me for saying that Rose is now in the Kemba Walker tier of PGs.

After Walker and Rose's last three games I was wrong to insult Kemba like that.

Watching the end of this Suns/TWolves game. Wiggins has really found his game. He probably wouldn't have developed like this in Cleveland but man, how could they let this kid go?

https://vine.co/v/OpeTJvK3jOb

Edited by EvilMonkeyBoy

Oh and I know I was told to lay off of Derrick, but the Bulls are about to lose by 20+ at home with Rose going 3-15 so far.

It will be a shame if he makes the all star game this year.  He isn't anywhere close to being one of the best guards in the East this season.  He's not even the best guard on his team this year. 

Wade, Wall, Lowry, Teague, Irving, and Butler are all having much better years.  I may have forgotten some.  

An Irish NBA/Bulls fan got upset with me for saying that Rose is now in the Kemba Walker tier of PGs.

After Walker and Rose's last three games I was wrong to insult Kemba like that.

Watching the end of this Suns/TWolves game. Wiggins has really found his game. He probably wouldn't have developed like this in Cleveland but man, how could they let this kid go?

https://vine.co/v/OpeTJvK3jOb

Shabazz Muhammad is kind of balling too. Wiggins has been on another level since they got rid of Brewer, put Shabazz in the starting lineup, and gave Mo Williams the point guard reigns over Lavine.

When Rubio comes back, he will start scoring more.

Wiggins handles are still suspect but there are not that many players in the NBA with a better back to the basket game. He moves off the ball well too. His form is nice so I know he will be a good shooter. The Cavs really messed up, but they've had about 5 years of eff ups.

The biggest mess up the Cavs had was taking Waiters over Drummond.

The Wiggins thing still baffles me. No idea what they were thinking with that move.

Mainly because Love is potentially a one year deal, as is LeBron.

If they both walk...and they have given up two first round picks for Mozgov...it's going to be a long road back.

I would watch a reality show where Stan Van Gundy goes to struggling small businesses and fixes them overnight by firing the most obvious person.

"Your cousin that drinks on the job? He needs to go." Record profits result.

The Wiggins thing still baffles me. No idea what they were thinking with that move.

Mainly because Love is potentially a one year deal, as is LeBron.

If they both walk...and they have given up two first round picks for Mozgov...it's going to be a long road back.

I think the idea was that Love was great and Lebron was great and two great players together is usually good.

And then it turns out that Love is actually terrible and Lebron can't dunk anymore and everyone is sad.

I still think it's the right move even though Kevin Love is apparently a terrible human being. If everything goes as right as possible for Wiggins, in five years, he will be the kind of player that Love has been for five years. I defended the trade then on those grounds; I defend it now on those grounds. You don't sign Lebron and then wait three years for his supporting cast to catch up to him.

I always assumed that Love -  a guy who will tell everyone who listens that he spent his childhood watching tape of Bill Walton outlet passes - would relish the chance to play with two dudes who would immediately turn his outlet passes into highlight reel dunks. I didn't realize that he was the moodiest asshole in basketball.

(Though I did write an epic about how is family is populated entirely by crazy people. So, I did see the slight potential for disaster).

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother

The move is simply as pathetic as the Lakers move to get Howard.

LeBron makes sense. Love did not. LeBron will have conflict if he decides to leave. Love can just bounce and be on his way.

Was Lebron coming without the promise of another big move though? Probably not.

I know Akron is home, blah, blah, blah. 30 year old Lebron was not coming to Cleveland to play babysitter to Wiggins, Kyrie, and Waiters for three years. Lebron still wants to play with Mike Miller and Ray Allen, not dudes who should be college sophomores.

Cleveland rolled the dice the same way the Lakers do in thinking that EVERYONE takes the 5 year deal to stay instead of the 4 year deal to leave and NO ONE would ever leave the opportunity to play in LA/play with Lebron. To this day, it's staggering that Dwight took less money to play in a smaller profile market. I now think Love is going to do the same, but it's still kind of amazing.

Was Lebron coming without the promise of another big move though? Probably not.

I know Akron is home, blah, blah, blah. 30 year old Lebron was not coming to Cleveland to play babysitter to Wiggins, Kyrie, and Waiters for three years. Lebron still wants to play with Mike Miller and Ray Allen, not dudes who should be college sophomores.

Cleveland rolled the dice the same way the Lakers do in thinking that EVERYONE takes the 5 year deal to stay instead of the 4 year deal to leave and NO ONE would ever leave the opportunity to play in LA/play with Lebron. To this day, it's staggering that Dwight took less money to play in a smaller profile market. I now think Love is going to do the same, but it's still kind of amazing.

Howard took a pay cut to get away from Kobe Bryant.   So would I.  So would you.

I don't know why people don't show up for winning teams, basic thought dictates if a team is doing well, then the fans should go to see them play and support them. But the Hawks even with "Tinder night" still struggle to get attendance in the NBA. Nothing pisses me off more than empty seats because it seriously shows that the fans don't care. 

I don't care that tickets are "too high", you can get them off Stubhub for like 5 dollars. Go out and support the team. 

Nothing pisses me off more than bad attendance for good teams.