Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Aaron Hernandez questioned, home searched in possible homicide probe

Son of Gadsden

You can add Hernandez to one who goes broke after getting millions. Pats under new CBA can get signing bonus back and if that does not break him the blood suckers will.Looks like the Pats family could not change him

If he gets do you think any other team would sign him?

This is from Adam Shefter on Twitter:

"By releasing Aaron Hernandez today, Patriots have waived all rights to recoup bonus money or salary through the CBA."

I missed the hearing, but saw some of the details at this link. Unreal:

"Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports the Patriots had plans to release Hernandez as soon as he was arrested. The plans went back to last week. In the coming weeks and months, don’t be surprised if you hear about a head injury Hernandez suffered on Jan. 14, 2012 in the Patriots playoff game against the Broncos. He got his “bell rung” on a goal line carry and sat out the rest of the game. He

met with the media after the game and said, “I’m good.” He did undergo concussion tests on the sideline and played the next week against the Ravens. Studies have shown that frontal lobe injuries have a connection with lack of impulse control."

2:56 p.m.: There are a lot of details being read in court. They have surveillance footage of Hernandez pulling onto the dirt road. Lloyd was killed at the spot he was found.

2:59 p.m.: Members of Odin Lloyd’s family just left the courtroom. When Hernandez got home after the murder, there is footage of him walking through his house with a gun.

3:01 p.m.: There were shell casings found in the car Hernandez rented. They were thrown away, but recovered by police. They match what was used in the homicide. Tire impressions found at the scene were consistent with the Nissan Altima Hernandez rented.

3:04 p.m.: Police found another gun from a previous incident in Hernandez’s home. His fingerprints were found on a gun. The gun used in the Odin Lloyd murder was not found, according to the prosecutor.

3:06 p.m.: Hernandez orchestrated the crime. Lloyd had spoken to people at a nightclub that Hernandez did not

like on Friday, according to the prosecutor.

http://nesn.com/2013/06/aaron-hernandez-live-blog/

After picking up Lloyd, Hernandez said he was upset with Lloyd because Lloyd had spoken with people Hernandez had trouble with during their outing to the nightclub, McCauley said.

One thing I'm wondering is how could the above statement be verified?  Who said that Hernandez said that?  I am guessing Llyod's sister?

Also, the fact that Llyod said he was with, "NFL," might be a little sketchy.  Even though we all know he was talking about Hernandez, "NFL," is not definitive enough.  He should've been like, "I'm with Aaron Hernandez." 

Another thing I'm wondering is who were the other two men in the car?  Do they even know?  Have the police talked to them yet?  Lots of questions yet to be answered.

Hmmm reading what Schefter said I wonder if his defense is going to try and pin this on the NFL. It says Hernandez got his bell rung in a game in January and frontal lobe injuries can cause impulse problems. I can see this landing at the feet of Goodell as well.

3:01 p.m.: There were shell casings found in the car Hernandez rented. They were thrown away, but recovered by police. They match what was used in the homicide. Tire impressions found at the scene were consistent with the Nissan Altima Hernandez rented.

http://nesn.com/2013/06/aaron-hernandez-live-blog/

That part doesn't make sense.  Were the shell casings in his car, or were they thrown away? 

I think I read they were recovered at the scene.  Maybe something else was in the car?

Or maybe the police found them, threw them away, and then said "oh wait, those might be important to a murder case" and made the bold move of removing them from the trash receptacle.  Sometimes it can be difficult to make these types of connections right off the bat, but the good ones always have the sense to retrace their footsteps. 

First try: Murder investigation--- victim shot -- strange metals cylinder things in found in car next to victim-- get these out of my way.

After checking notes later that night at the Station--- Murder investigation-- victim shot-- strange metal cylinder things found in car next to victim--- Wait, Lou threw those things away, they might have been part of a knife used to stab the guy, dig them out of the trash...

Hmmm reading what Schefter said I wonder if his defense is going to try and pin this on the NFL. It says Hernandez got his bell rung in a game in January and frontal lobe injuries can cause impulse problems. I can see this landing at the feet of Goodell as well.

Just to clarify: I did a bad job of quoting that article above. It was Ian Rapoport who commented about the concussion Hernandez suffered in the game.

That would be a very flimsy defense, to say the least.  Was Hernandez even diagnosed with a concussion?  Regardless, they would be saying that Hernandez had no control over his actions because he got a concussion.  Not likely going to fly with a jury.

That part doesn't make sense. Were the shell casings in his car, or were they thrown away?

I think I read they were recovered at the scene. Maybe something else was in the car?

4 shell casings were recovered at the scene. 1 was recovered from a dumpster at the rental car company. An employee discovered it under the driver seat next to a pece of the bubblicious blue cotton candy bubble gum. Probably transferred via pants or shoes.

That would be a very flimsy defense, to say the least. Was Hernandez even diagnosed with a concussion? Regardless, they would be saying that Hernandez had no control over his actions because he got a concussion. Not likely going to fly with a jury.

For sure but if they have all the evidence they say they do, that's probably the only card he has left to play. Blaming others for your actions seems to be the new American way these days. Maybe he has an Xbox at his house with call of duty games and they will say, if he did it of course, it's the violent video games fault. On a more serious note, sad that another young person set up for life long success has squandered it at the very least by keeping bad company.

Here's a better read of what they said in court:

"McCauley said Hernandez summoned his two friends, then drove to Fayston Street in Boston’s Dorchester section early on the morning of Monday, June 17, where Lloyd, a 27-year-old semipro football player, left his home, got in the car, and then rode south to North Attleborough.

Along the way, Lloyd alerted relatives in a text message, asking them, “Did you see who I am with?” After they asked who, he replied cryptically, “NFL,” the prosecutor said. "Just so you know,’’ Lloyd added. It was the last text message he sent before he died, McCauley said.

Surveillance cameras in the North Attleborough industrial park where Lloyd was murdered captured the men arriving in the same silver Nissan that Lloyd had gotten into in Dorchester, the prosecutor said. Once near a wooded area, Lloyd started climbing out of the car, and was shot once, which knocked him to the ground. As he lay there, he raised his arm and was shot multiple times. Five spent .45-caliber spent shell casings were later recovered, McCauley said.

When Hernandez returned home around 3:30 a.m. Monday, surveillance video at his house showed him walking through his house holding a pistol in his hand, the prosecutor said."

http://www.boston.com/metrodesk/2013/06/26/aaron-hernandez-charged-with-murder/wK61wqDS7zOjYdOHIpq80O/story.html

He's done.

EA needs to come out with a new ALL CRIMINAL TEAM for Madden.  Would include the likes of Hernandez, Dez Bryant, Chad Johnson, Brent, Jason Peters, Pacman Jones, Joe Morgan, Even Rodriguez, Titus Young, Desmond Bryant, etc....

I'd pick that up for PS4 

I'd drop Titus Young from that list if I were you, at least until you've read up a little on his situation, particularly what his father had to say about it.

Sorry for the tangent, but what did his father say?  I must've missed that part of the story. 

I'll look for the link in a minute, but basically, he had a pre-existing medical condition in regards to his brain, IIRC causing it to be pressed against the front of his skull, which his dad believes may have been made worse by head injuries suffered in his rookie year (most likely a concussion or two) which the Lions failed to report, and (due to the nature in which his situation was reported, at least from what I saw) either didn't give a damn, or were completely ****ing clueless and irresponsible.

Basically, the guy literally is out of his mind, unable to function properly. His actions are out of his control, and without the proper help (which he has refused, by his own will, which is expected, due to someone in  his condition) he is not long for this world, and lumping him in ( not directed at you or anyone else, as I am sure some of you did not know) with every other idiot, and attempting to make jokes about it, is incredibly cruel and ignorant.

Edit, here http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9273307/titus-young-disorder-needs-help-dad-says

Thanks for the update.  You're right - a brain injury is not funny and definitely tragic.  That goes a long way toward explaining his recent behavior.  I hope he gets the help he clearly needs. 

It honestly explained things for me as well, because I had been watching him since his days at Boise State, and he never seemed to be unstable  (or anything else really) while he was there, at least from what I saw of him. Always seemed like a quiet, humble dude, then it was like all of a sudden he just went crazy.

And yeah, Hernandez is finished. 

That would be a very flimsy defense, to say the least. Was Hernandez even diagnosed with a concussion? Regardless, they would be saying that Hernandez had no control over his actions because he got a concussion. Not likely going to fly with a jury.

For sure but if they have all the evidence they say they do, that's probably the only card he has left to play. Blaming others for your actions seems to be the new American way these days. Maybe he has an Xbox at his house with call of duty games and they will say, if he did it of course, it's the violent video games fault. On a more serious note, sad that another young person set up for life long success has squandered it at the very least by keeping bad company.

For sure I see what you are saying.  It's complete bull**** though.  

I'd like to know what, if any, previous criminals cases in which the defense used this rationale.  Would be an interesting research paper.  If I were a lawn student I'd look into it haha.  Other than pleading insanity, have there been any criminal defenses who have admitted to the defendant committing a crime, but then saying it was because they had a concussion, or played video games, or were high on meth, etc.?  I'm sure there are.

"McCauley said Hernandez summoned his two friends, then drove to Fayston Street in Boston’s Dorchester section early on the morning of Monday, June 17, where Lloyd, a 27-year-old semipro football player, left his home, got in the car, and then rode south to North Attleborough.

Along the way, Lloyd alerted relatives in a text message, asking them, “Did you see who I am with?” After they asked who, he replied cryptically, “NFL,” the prosecutor said. "Just so you know,’’ Lloyd added. It was the last text message he sent before he died, McCauley said.

Surveillance cameras in the North Attleborough industrial park where Lloyd was murdered captured the men arriving in the same silver Nissan that Lloyd had gotten into in Dorchester, the prosecutor said. Once near a wooded area, Lloyd started climbing out of the car, and was shot once, which knocked him to the ground. As he lay there, he raised his arm and was shot multiple times. Five spent .45-caliber spent shell casings were later recovered, McCauley said.

When Hernandez returned home around 3:30 a.m. Monday, surveillance video at his house showed him walking through his house holding a pistol in his hand, the prosecutor said."

http://www.boston.com/metrodesk/2013/06/26/aaron-hernandez-charged-with-murder/wK61wqDS7zOjYdOHIpq80O/story.html

He's done.

That reads like they have the murder on video. Yet they don't say that they "have a video of Hernandez shooting the victim." Odd. Seems like a pretty simple case for the prosecution if they have him shooting the victim on tape. Hernandez is done, like you say,

He's done.

That reads like they have the murder on video. Yet they don't say that they "have a video of Hernandez shooting the victim." Odd. Seems like a pretty simple case for the prosecution if they have him shooting the victim on tape. Hernandez is done, like you say,

Yeah, it seems odd they knew he was shot getting out of the car. Then the comments of Lloyd raising his arm as he's shot 4 more times. But they don't say explicitly they have a video of Hernandez shooting the victim. 

I'm thinking they've talked to the other 2 guys who have given their account of what happened. They were there so even if they didn't do the shooting, this is a murder 1 charge for them, too. That's life without parole. Talking to the cops might get them 20 years instead.

One last comment, I also think it's pretty odd the media hasn't been able to determine the other 2 guys.

Possible the tape doesn't clearly show the shooter's face. It was good enough to get the license plate though.

Also, another takeaway from this: how ****ty of a criminal is Hernandez? Drives a car rented in his name to a location with video surveillance, shoots victim, spits his gum out right beside a shell casing from his gun. Attempts to cover up by "destroying" his cell phone and home surveillance system, but not well enough that police couldn't recover the information off of it.

That's what I was thinking.  If they have a video of Llyod getting shot then you'd think they'd have a visual of the shooter too.

By the way, beyond just being stupid for committing a murder, how stupid do you have to be to take someone to a residential area and shoot them?  Do it in the woods or something.  Also, why did Llyod get in the car with them?  Don't you think he'd be wary of something?  

Archived