Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Aaron Hernandez questioned, home searched in possible homicide probe

Son of Gadsden

Interesting that of all the teams to draft Hernandez, it was the one located closest to his hometown where he had so many gang ties. I'd wager that his friend, who he kept texting to hurry up and get there that night, was driving from Bristol CT. Not saying he wouldn't have kept up this sort of activity elsewhere, but being in New England certainly did nothing to break him away from it.

This is a must-listen:

http://audio.weei.com/a/77252921/our-new-favorite-ex-con-rabbit-tells-us-all-about-life-on-the-inside.htm#%27

Dude with the inside scoop on Aaron Hernandez and his background w/ the Latin Kings + Bloods, sheds some insight on his past and also what lies ahead of him in prison. 

Yeah, I think people are going to think twice if they try to start something with him. The Latin Kings are one of those gangs that you simply do not **** with in prison. Anyways, I find it very, very hard to believe that the Pats of all teams, had no idea that he was gang affiliated, or that something was very wrong during his time with the franchise, especially before they gave him the new contract. That also may partly explain why they were so quick to wash their hands once all of this came up.

I think we are all agree that Hernandez should be punished if he is found guilty (at least right now it seem like its just matter of time)...

I appreciate what the Patriots did by cutting the idiot so quickly.  It sends the right message...

However, as others mentioned, Patriots did screw up themselves but handing Hernandez that big contract last year.  Some people were concerned that, due to the friendly relationship between the Kraft and the League, the Patriots will get some cap relief...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/england-patriots-figured-aaron-hernandez-just-obstruction-justice-143624424.html

The Patriots also voided all future payments of guaranteed money, the Globe reported. The Globe said he was due $2.46 million in guaranteed base salary this season, $200,000 in roster and workout bonuses and a $3.25 million payment to complete his signing bonus. A team source told the Globe the Patriots believe they are "well within our rights" because they say the money was only guaranteed for skill, injury, and cap purposes, but not for conduct. It could be an interesting fight if Hernandez's representatives wish to battle for that money. It will also be interesting to see what the union's response is (the Globe said the union has not yet commented).

Not sure if it is clear if the Patriots will be making a case to have the money not count against the cap as well... it sounds like for sure.. the Patriots will fight to keep the physical money but we will have to see if they will pursue to get the cap space back as well...

Pats should NOT get cap space back. There were character concerns with Hernandez before he was rafted and while he was with the Pats. They drafted, employed, and re-signed a knucklehead, they should have to eat the cap hit for releasing him. The NFL didn't give the Redskins any cap relief for ST, and he was killed defending his family.

Pats should NOT get cap space back. There were character concerns with Hernandez before he was rafted and while he was with the Pats. They drafted, employed, and re-signed a knucklehead, they should have to eat the cap hit for releasing him. The NFL didn't give the Redskins any cap relief for ST, and he was killed defending his family.

I am in no way trying to excuse the pats or Hernandez in this, but I have a serious question that I don't know the answer to. Did the Redskins fulfill Sean Taylor's contract for his family, and at the same time not put themselves in a situation to receive cap relief? If that's the case, and that would be a typical Gibbs move, I can see the difference in the situations. Plus, I never heard of the Redskins asking for relief after Taylor's murder, but I may have missed that.

In ST's case it was a rule where his contract was treated as if he were cut from the team. So if there is no cap relief for an untimely death, then there shouldn't be relief for cutting a criminal. Even if ST's passing had resulted in cap relief, I'd still say it shouldn't apply to the Pats in their case. Giants took a cap hit for Plaxico. Player conduct is part of the territory.

Oh, I agree that the Pats should have to eat the hit.  After all, that is one of the risks a team takes when signing a player with questionable character.  I was just curious if we even tried to get back cap money after Tayloor's death.

I wonder why they did not put that language in his contract. I guess they thought he changed

He could be involved in as many as  5 murders and 1 shooting, he was a  gangster nothing more. I cant believe he hid it all from the pats. his language the tats [one with blood].  If he would not sign a contract with that language then I would be suspect of his changed ways. If we ate Sean's contract they should eat his he is

I think the NFL should give contract relief from any players death if it is not their own fault, or a career ending injury incurred on the field,like Sterling Sharpes,Kevin Everett, etc

I remember when Allen Iverson first started getting in trouble, after getting over $110 million dollars. He said "I grew up a thug, I'm 19 now and you just gavve me millions of dollars and I can do no wrong. Did you really think throwing that money at me would make me a different person?" (that's paraphrased). That's in response to the "how could he throw it all away" crowd.

The idea that you can "stop players with character issues from entering the league" is ridiculously short-sighted and naive.

O.J Simpson was considered a golden boy coming out of USC. We know how that story ends.

Dan Marino tumbled in the draft because of perceived "character issues" and he went on to have a Hall of Fame career with no problems.

Warren Sapp fell because of the same reason and aside from wasting all his money he was clean, for the most part of his on the field career too.

The league is littered with the histories of choir boys like Art Schliester who wind up screwing up their careers and "huge character risks" that wind up going on to have productive NFL careers. The draft is a crap shoot, and you never really know what you're drafting until you get them in the locker room and coach them.

Not making excuses for Hernandez, but I think it's interesting that the dude goes to jail, and NOW all these issues he had with people in the lockerroom come out. 

And how dumb are the Patriots to KNOW that Hernandez had issues, know that he wasn't exactly popular in the lockerroom, and still give him a huge contract extension with all that guaranteed money and NO WAY to recoup any of it? The Patriots put themselves in a bad position with a player who respected vets like Matt Light didn't trust. Do I blame them for drafting Hernandez? No. Given the situation, I'd do the same thing.

I'd blame the Patriots for ignoring obvious red flags and giving a guy with red flags who wasn't popular in the lockeroom a huge contract before he had earned it, especially when they're such pricks about giving veterans like Matt Light and Wes Welker (among other) contract extensions.

Yeah, my gawd, I’m being so naïve and short-sighted to think a thug with drug issues, gun issues and gang related contacts would be prevented from being drafted into the NFL. I mean, wtf, the NFL money being spent on security and background checks is just one huge waste of ****ing money. Because you know what? The last thing I want to do as the owner of a company is invest millions of dollars in someone who is a piece of ****. That might have some impact on my bottom line. But wtf? Guns? Drugs? Gangs? Oh, he can catch footballs? Yeah, sign him up because I really don’t give a **** about the face of my business. I just want to win.

OJ Simpson – never a problem while in the NFL. Accused of murder 15 years after he retires. Never accused of gang, gun, drug related issues prior to or during his time in the NFL.

Dan Marino – per Wikipedia “status in the 1983 NFL Draft plummeted after his weaker senior season at Pitt, and widespread rumors of drug use”. Don’t recall any gun and/or gang related problems related issues with Dan Marino. If so, please provide the links. Now, we can debate whether extra-marital affairs are “issues” but it’s probably not relevant in this context. And maybe his drop in the draft was related to his poor senior season, but maybe you have insight to enlighten us.

Warren Sapp – per Wikipedia “analysts at the time projected Sapp going much higher in the draft; partially due to reports of multiple failed cocaine and marijuana tests released the night before the draft, many teams passed on him.” Yep, another player who fell because of drug related issues. Guns & gangs don't seem to be part of his pre-draft background, but maybe you have some inside info you can share.

Art Schliester –  Ah, the Poster Boy for pro sports gambling. Let’s toss his name out there because there have been, what, one other US pro athlete with a gambling problem (Pete Rose) in the past 50 years?

All of the issues about AH are coming out now because of what was known prior to the draft. Do you think the NFL is just now learning about his issues? As I posted before, he is the ONLY John Mackey award winner to drop below the 3rd round. Coincidence? Seriously? No one wanted to touch this POS.

But I’m the naïve one. **** me. I’d hire a POS like this to work in my company. Seems like a decent guy, except for his drug, gun & gang issues. Cause be can catch a football....

You are naive if you think, in a league that employs thousands of players, Hernandez is the only player with drug issues, gang ties (allegedly) and gun issues. And guys who are pieces of **** or "thugs" and **** up get drafted all the time. Some of them grow up, some of them get money and go stupid.

The point is acting like you can keep every guy with these issues out of the NFL is short-sighted, blind fan think. And ex-cons and former gang members DO get hired outside of foootball, You have to make the calculated risk assessment yourself and determine whether its worth it or not.

You are naive if you think, in a league that employs thousands of players, Hernandez is the only player with drug issues, gang ties (allegedly) and gun issues. And guys who are pieces of **** or "thugs" and **** up get drafted all the time. Some of them grow up, some of them get money and go stupid.

The point is acting like you can keep every guy with these issues out of the NFL is short-sighted, blind fan think. And ex-cons and former gang members DO get hired outside of foootball, You have to make the calculated risk assessment yourself and determine whether its worth it or not.

When did I say AH was the only player with drug, gang & gun issues playing in the NFL? Oh, yeah, I know: Never.

When did I say players with these same drug, gang & gun issues never get drafted? Oh, yeah, I know: Never.

As I did say, teams spend a lot of money on security to find out all about a player prior to the draft. And they do it for a reason. Also what I said was I would never have someone with the background of AH working for my company.

Gee, I didn't know that ex-cons & former gang members get hired outside of football. Thanks for pointing that out to me. Everyday is a success for me when I can learn something new.

Just saw on NFL Live that in an incident in Gainsville during Hernandez's Freshman year at Florida, Hernandez got into a fight at a restaurant that eventually ended up with Tebow stepping in to try to cool things off. That's all that was said, so I don't know any more details, but this is just getting worse and worse for AH.

Just saw on NFL Live that in an incident in Gainsville during Hernandez's Freshman year at Florida, Hernandez got into a fight at a restaurant that eventually ended up with Tebow stepping in to try to cool things off. That's all that was said, so I don't know any more details, but this is just getting worse and worse for AH.

Being from FL, with many friends who went to UF, and being a Gator fan, I can recall many incidents like this involving Hernandez while he was in Gainesville.  Even back then, Hernandez traveled with a pretty tough crowd.  They were always out to prove they were the top dogs wherever they went.    Fortunately(is that the right term in lieu of what happened?), there were usually teammates with cooler heads around to diffuse the situation.  On the occasions where it really escalated, it was usually kept under wraps with some well placed phone calls from UF to whoever was involved.  I never personally saw anything, but several of my UF alumni friends were there firsthand.

Ok you all ready for when the **** turns weird. Check this out

Man who police wanted to talk to about Aaron Hernandez dies in car accident

If you don't think the Aaron Hernandez story can get any weirder, wait a few minutes and it will.

The Hartford Courant has a story sure to get imaginations running. Thaddeus Singleton III, an associate of Hernandez's with whom who police wanted to talk, died early Sunday in a one-car accident. The report said the car shot through the air and hit the Farmington Country Club six feet off the ground. Hernandez is being held on a charge of first-degree murder, and police are also looking into any possible involvement the former New England Patriots tight end had in a 2012 double murder in Boston.

The Nissan Maxima in the accident involving Singleton was registered to Andres Valderrama,Hernandez's uncle. Singleton was married to Hernandez's cousin, the story said.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/man-police-wanted-talk-aaron-hernandez-dies-car-012034083.html

Good article. I do not think it a coincidence that people were killed after night club altercations with Hernandez. He refused to talk to cops and the shooter was identified as a Hawaiian or Hispanic male 6'3 or4.  Funny he talked to cops after sucker punching the bouncer yet refuse when they wanted to talk to him about a murder

Ok you all ready for when the **** turns weird. Check this out

Man who police wanted to talk to about Aaron Hernandez dies in car accident

If you don't think the Aaron Hernandez story can get any weirder, wait a few minutes and it will.

The Hartford Courant has a story sure to get imaginations running. Thaddeus Singleton III, an associate of Hernandez's with whom who police wanted to talk, died early Sunday in a one-car accident. The report said the car shot through the air and hit the Farmington Country Club six feet off the ground. Hernandez is being held on a charge of first-degree murder, and police are also looking into any possible involvement the former New England Patriots tight end had in a 2012 double murder in Boston.

The Nissan Maxima in the accident involving Singleton was registered to Andres Valderrama,Hernandez's uncle. Singleton was married to Hernandez's cousin, the story said.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/man-police-wanted-talk-aaron-hernandez-dies-car-012034083.html

Good lord, this is almost Law Abiding Citizen type stuff.

IMO, Urban Meyer needs to be taken to task for some of this.  Miss me with that daily Bible study talk.  He was running an EXTREMELY dirty program, which obviously got help in covering tracks from law enforcement.  Sucks that people died and were shot, but I'm glad a lot of this is now coming to surface. 

IMO, Urban Meyer needs to be taken to task for some of this.  Miss me with that daily Bible study talk.  He was running an EXTREMELY dirty program, which obviously got help in covering tracks from law enforcement.  Sucks that people died and were shot, but I'm glad a lot of this is now coming to surface. 

And the latest from Urb? He tried blowing the whistle on his former assistant coach and U of F for recruiting violations

...that didn't happen.

Investigations into Ohio State's complaint this spring uncovered no wrongdoing, the sources said, but Samuel subsequently revealed Florida no longer is in his top five schools — while OSU is.

Meyer's willingness to turn in a former coach — one he hired — as well as the program he led for six seasons is unheard of in college athletics. Indeed, no one Outkick the Coverage talked with could recall a former coach turning in his former program and a former assistant coach.

Maybe he's trying to deflect attention?

Archived