Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Aaron Hernandez questioned, home searched in possible homicide probe

Son of Gadsden

More info coming out

Court documents indicate the search of a secret "flop house" leased by former New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez has turned up what police say could be key evidence in the murder case against him.

Police say they learned about the apartment from Carlos Ortiz, a friend of Hernandez's whom prosecutors say was with the ex-player the night he allegedly arranged the shooting of Odin Lloyd.

They then searched the $1,200-a-month apartment in Franklin on June 26, according to search warrant records at Wrentham District Court. Among the findings were a white hooded sweatshirt and a cranberry-colored cap in a bedroom, the documents said.

More info coming out

Court documents indicate the search of a secret "flop house" leased by former New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez has turned up what police say could be key evidence in the murder case against him.

Police say they learned about the apartment from Carlos Ortiz, a friend of Hernandez's whom prosecutors say was with the ex-player the night he allegedly arranged the shooting of Odin Lloyd.

They then searched the $1,200-a-month apartment in Franklin on June 26, according to search warrant records at Wrentham District Court. Among the findings were a white hooded sweatshirt and a cranberry-colored cap in a bedroom, the documents said.

To piggyback on what you posted...

One of ex-Patriot star Aaron Hernandez’s buddies has flipped and is

providing key information to authorities about the now-imprisoned tight

end’s secret flophouse — where cops cited cocaine in a search warrant

affidavit, according to court papers.

Link

They were pushing weight....

*edit*

Skinsfan...flop houses are places where people come and go to do drugs...kinda like Jesse Pinkman's pad in Breaking Bad LOL

Man, his situation is getting worse by the day.  I don't like the Patriots, but I really hope Hernandez doesn't do some serious time for this.

Why? Is he on your fantasy team or something?

If Hernandez is found innocent it will be the worst verdict in the history of the judicial system.  Worse than O.J.  The evidence against him is monumental.

Yeah, I really can't imagine, with the evidence mounting the way it is, he's gonna walk. But I agree. If he does, it'll definitely be up there in the rankings as among the worst verdicts in American history. This guy should never see the light of day again.

It looks like Carlos Ortiz has Flipped on Hernandez. That is how  they know about the secret apartment .The Search warrant said they were also looking for cocaine. If you remember during the arraignment they told of the conversation inside the car before Lloyd was killed. I wondered how they knew that unless the car was bugged or someone had flipped.in court they did not say there were bullets from 2 separate guns removed from Lloyd, or if shell casing were from 2 separate guns I also think Lloyd knew of the july 2012 murders and maybe was going to blackmail Hernandez or something along those lines.It will be interesting if Ortiz knows were the guns are. They had to be deposed of after the video was cuff and before.They only charged Ortiz with a gun charge.While Wallace is being charged as accessory after murder.

My theory is Hernandez called the other 2 guys and his intent was to scare and or rough up Lloyd. I think Hernandez shot him first maybe accidentally [the way he shot the other guy in the eye in Fla]. Then I think he went ballistic due to anger or fear and pumped 4 more shots into him. I concluded accidentally because he had Lloyd in a industrial park only minutes form his house. No body can be that dumb and plan a murder and dump the body around the corner from your house

No body can be that dumb and plan a murder and dump the body around the corner from your house

You underestimate the power of stupidity. This is the same guy who, over the course of one 24 hour period, smashed his cell phone, broke his security system, and called a cleaning service to scrub his house top to bottom. Because that's not suspect or anything.

It looks like Carlos Ortiz has Flipped on Hernandez. That is how  they know about the secret apartment .The Search warrant said they were also looking for cocaine. If you remember during the arraignment they told of the conversation inside the car before Lloyd was killed. I wondered how they knew that unless the car was bugged or someone had flipped.in court they did not say there were bullets from 2 separate guns removed from Lloyd, or if shell casing were from 2 separate guns I also think Lloyd knew of the july 2012 murders and maybe was going to blackmail Hernandez or something along those lines.It will be interesting if Ortiz knows were the guns are. They had to be deposed of after the video was cuff and before.They only charged Ortiz with a gun charge.While Wallace is being charged as accessory after murder.

My theory is Hernandez called the other 2 guys and his intent was to scare and or rough up Lloyd. I think Hernandez shot him first maybe accidentally [the way he shot the other guy in the eye in Fla]. Then I think he went ballistic due to anger or fear and pumped 4 more shots into him. I concluded accidentally because he had Lloyd in a industrial park only minutes form his house. No body can be that dumb and plan a murder and dump the body around the corner from your house

Of course Ortiz flipped.  How else would they know about the 2012 double-murder? 

What I'm interested to know is what the text conversation Hernandez had with his barber was about. 

I concluded accidentally because he had Lloyd in a industrial park only minutes form his house. No body can be that dumb and plan a murder and dump the body around the corner from your house

This guy so far has allegedly got away with a double murder, shooting a guy in the face and leaving him for dead, and maybe another attempted double murder. This guy was probably feeling down right invincible at this point, wouldn't surprise if he did it on purpose thinking he would get away with it like he always does.

I can also agree,invincible because of previous shootings and his status as a NFL star. He may have enjoyed his first murder so much  he wanted more for he rush/power he got from it. Some people just enjoy murder

I think in the end it will come out Ortiz contacted the police after he was away from Hernandez and flipped on him. This case fascinates me. I cant see him hiding this lifestyle from other teammates,it seems Light knew of his thug life

I will say some conditions in our jails and prisons is third world and appalling. I think solitary is cruel punishment. At some places you are in your cell 23 out of 24hrs with no tv or nothing to read. You just sit there day after day and if you are lucky 1hr of exercise a day. This is mental torture especially for people awaiting trail as they are presumed innocent.

I know someone who was a guard in the Fed prison system and he enlightened as to what goes n. Everything from diesel therapy to suicide watch where you are stripped butt naked and thrown into a cell 24/7. Then if the Fed really hate you they hang terrorist tag on you and you really suffer mentally

In many many places Local jails are even worse. I have followed a few people online who had went to prison for racist/terrorist charges. It is really scary what teh fed can do to you as they have endless money and charges they can throw at you

I think we need national standards ob all jail/prisons

I will say some conditions in our jails and prisons is third world and appalling. I think solitary is cruel punishment. At some places you are in your cell 23 out of 24hrs with no tv or nothing to read. You just sit there day after day and if you are lucky 1hr of exercise a day. This is mental torture especially for people awaiting trail as they are presumed innocent.

I know someone who was a guard in the Fed prison system and he enlightened as to what goes n. Everything from diesel therapy to suicide watch where you are stripped butt naked and thrown into a cell 24/7. Then if the Fed really hate you they hang terrorist tag on you and you really suffer mentally

In many many places Local jails are even worse. I have followed a few people online who had went to prison for racist/terrorist charges. It is really scary what teh fed can do to you as they have endless money and charges they can throw at you

I guess the simple solution is to stay the eff out of prison.  I'm having a real hard time feeling very sympathetic.

Our prisoners get 3 hots and a cot, weights, AC, Heat,  movies, tv, cable, etc.  I've seen some documentaries on other prisons.  My wife is from Peru and in one of their prisons, they drop food off at a gate (kind of like an Escape from NY type deal) and you may not get food that day. Our prisoners have it pretty good.

More damning info regarding Aaron Hernandez from documents presented at the arraignment of Carlos Ortiz, one of three men (with Hernandez and Ernest Wallace) who were with Olin Lloyd the night of his murder...

- When police first told Hernandez they were investigating a death, he showed no curiosity or concern about who was killed.   Instead his demeanor immediately became defensive.

- Ortiz told police that, after the three men picked up Lloyd at his home in Boston, they all headed toward Hernandez's home in North Attleborough.  He said they stopped at the industrial site and the other three men got out to urinate. Ortiz said he heard gunshots before Hernandez and Wallace got back into the car without Lloyd and the vehicle sped away. 

- Ortiz said he didn't see who fired, but that Wallace told him Hernandez fired the shots that killed Lloyd.

- A vehicle found by police that was sought in connection to a 2012 double homicide in Boston was rented in Aaron Hernandez' name.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/07/09/aaron-hernandez-court-documents-odin-lloyd/2502707/

More damning info regarding Aaron Hernandez from documents presented at the arraignment of Carlos Ortiz, one of three men (with Hernandez and Ernest Wallace) who were with Olin Lloyd the night of his murder...

- When police first told Hernandez they were investigating a death, he showed no curiosity or concern about who was killed.   Instead his demeanor immediately became defensive.

- Ortiz told police that, after the three men picked up Lloyd at his home in Boston, they all headed toward Hernandez's home in North Attleborough.  He said they stopped at the industrial site and the other three men got out to urinate. Ortiz said he heard gunshots before Hernandez and Wallace got back into the car without Lloyd and the vehicle sped away. 

- Ortiz said he didn't see who fired, but that Wallace told him Hernandez fired the shots that killed Lloyd.

- A vehicle found by police that was sought in connection to a 2012 double homicide in Boston was rented in Aaron Hernandez' name.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/07/09/aaron-hernandez-court-documents-odin-lloyd/2502707/

I saw another little nugget of info in that article:

"Ortiz and Wallace then went to the apartment in Franklin that Hernandez and other football players used." (my highlight)

It will be interesting to hear what "other football players used" the apartment and for what purpose.

The Ortiz story sounds strange to me.

1) He was asleep, woke up to gun shots, went back to sleep, then handed Hernandez a gun under the seat and went back to sleep? Seems odd. I mean was he that tired?

2) Why would they all get out to go pee that close to Hernandez's house? They couldn't hold it for another minute?

I'm not saying Hernandez didn't do it, but is Ortiz someone worth trusting here?

I guess the simple solution is to stay the eff out of prison.  I'm having a real hard time feeling very sympathetic.

Right...prison is PUNISHMENT. You don't end up there to live out your days in comfort. Now, I do see Crab's point about people awaiting trial...there probably should be different standards for people awaiting trial and people who have been convicted. I don't know about TV, etc. but certainly more time to exercise, move around, etc. 

1) He was asleep, woke up to gun shots, went back to sleep, then handed Hernandez a gun under the seat and went back to sleep? Seems odd. I mean was he that tired?

2) Why would they all get out to go pee that close to Hernandez's house? They couldn't hold it for another minute?

I'm not saying Hernandez didn't do it, but is Ortiz someone worth trusting here?

1) I saw nothing about Ortiz saying he was asleep.

2) They didn't stop the car to pee.  They stopped the car to shoot Odin Lloyd to death.

"Ortiz and Wallace then went to the apartment in Franklin that Hernandez and other football players used." (my highlight)

It will be interesting to hear what "other football players used" the apartment and for what purpose.

Yes, interesting tidbit.  Though it does seem to contradict accounts from the Patriots locker room that Hernandez didn't hang with any other Patriots players.  But yeah, it'll be interesting to hear what other players may have used that apartment.

1) I saw nothing about Ortiz saying he was asleep.

2) They didn't stop the car to pee.  They stopped the car to shoot Odin Lloyd to death.

Yes, interesting tidbit.  Though it does seem to contradict accounts from the Patriots locker room that Hernandez didn't hang with any other Patriots players.  But yeah, it'll be interesting to hear what other players may have used that apartment.

It could be other NFL players but I'm more of the thought that is was Semi pro football players that played with Odin

I think TV and the internet are good for prisoners. Take away the weights and give them tv and internet[censored]. I knew a prison guard and he said when they have nothing to do all day it creates more violence. He wanted inmates to have TV for his safety. As for internet make online high school and college coarse available for them.Educate them and it gives them a chance when they get out.

In a lot of the episodes of Lockup that I've watched, I've heard guards say that they only really get worried when things get quiet.  That's when they know something's up...as long as everybody's making noise, all is good (such as it is).

never heard of Lockup...but have you seen "Juvies"? it used to be on MTV. great show.

Archived