Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Aaron Hernandez questioned, home searched in possible homicide probe

Son of Gadsden

Anyone find it a bit curious that this case is getting ZERO coverage? 

Think about it...networks like ESPN spend upwards of 2 weeks talking about a deflated ball, continuiously talking about Ray Rice....meanwhile, you have one of the youngest stars in the league on trial for murder and there's nothing but crickets.  There has to be some hush money involved.  This SHOULD be one of the biggest stories in sports, but it's almost like nothing happened. 

Curious? When Kraft has Commissioner Gordon as his own personal outhouse cleaner? Nah, I'm not curious. It just further supports my unconfirmed belief of how the league operates. 

And I keep trying to not think about how this would be covered if one of our own Redskin players was the accused. Because I know it would just piss me off...

Anyone find it a bit curious that this case is getting ZERO coverage? 

Think about it...networks like ESPN spend upwards of 2 weeks talking about a deflated ball, continuiously talking about Ray Rice....meanwhile, you have one of the youngest stars in the league on trial for murder and there's nothing but crickets.  There has to be some hush money involved.  This SHOULD be one of the biggest stories in sports, but it's almost like nothing happened. 

Well I suppose you could imagine that the NFL office and Goodell hold some sway over ESPN and other sports outlets but that doesn't account for the faint coverage by all the other media outlets.  

My sense is that it's old news.  The outpouring of coverage when it happened, and the later revelations about other shootings, exposed Hernandez for the thug that he is, and tried and convicted him in the court of public opinion.  He was dropped from the team, whisked off to jail, and disappeared from public view, making the trial an afterthought.

Only it isn't.  

• 4 weeks later...

So Hernandez calls his girlfriend over to hide/bury a random box and she doesn't ask what's in it and she doesn't remember where she buried it? I hope the jury isn't buying this.

But she can remember what it smelled like....She's trying to protect that 40mil lifestyle she was living.  Easy to see that she's lying through her teeth. 

I listened to testimony today about PCP. It's funny that the defense is saying that Wallace and Ortiz were on PCP and therefore could have killed Odin Lloyd in a PCP-induced rage, considering that there are stories about Hernandez using PCP too. I'm wondering why none of those stories surfaced in relation to testimony in this trial.

I listen to some of the defenses closing arguments. I think they might have messed up. Now they're saying he was there, but didn't kill him? And they refer Hernandez as a 23 year old "kid" who made mistakes. Sorry, a 23 year old is not a kid.

Wonder what the fiance does now. Her man is gone, and on top of that, she tried to help him, and likely destroyed any chance she had with her family.

I understand she is facing (possibly) a charge of perjury for lying to the grand jury 25 times.

You're probably right unfortunately. I'd love to know if there is anything else beyond Odin Lloyd, the two guys from the nightclub, and Alexander Bradley. Probably.

It felt like from the very beginning, just the way the murder was described, that he had been down this road quite a few times. Wouldn't shock me if there were more beyond even the alleged ones.

Archived