Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Aaron Hernandez questioned, home searched in possible homicide probe

Son of Gadsden

Man these NFL players really need to learn how to keep it together. Just go look at the NFL headlines on FoxSports, every single one of them is about someone arrested, assault, murder, substance abuse. What the hell is wrong with these guys? You play A GAME for a living. Do they not understand how lucky they are? People like me have to work in an office 50 to 60 hours a week just to get by and you're throwing a 40 million dollar contract down the toilet, because someone talked to some people you had issues with. Give me a break. Hope this loser rots in jail and hope the NFL does something to help keep its players out of the headlines for the wrong reasons.

The problem with this is typical when the media reports something. Yes, many NFL players tend to come from rough backgrounds, and yes, many don't leave it behind when they enter the NFL, but when you take the entire number of NFL players and match it with the number who are arrested, it tends to paint a different picture.

Basically, when you go to any NFL website, and see the number of arrests (which happens every year when there is almost nothing else to report before training camp starts), it can cause people to think "Man, what's up with these thug athletes? Why don't they get it?" when the overwhelming majority do get it. And all it takes is simply one arrest for that viewpoint to be the narrative.

Holy crap, I didn't know he has gang tattoos.  Yeah, I'd say that could have been a factor in his draft plunge and very likely this case.  Probably with the civil lawsuit shooting case as well.  

Definitely interested to see facts for this new potential tie to a double murder in Boston last year...

As for the Hernandez'ing joke, I don't really find it funny, especially this soon after a victim was murdered.  The other jokes of Tebow-ing or Te'o-ing were funny because no one was ever harmed in connection to those players.  There really isn't anything funny about Hernandez or this case though.

I really don't believe people are making light of the murder. I honestly think people are laughing at how stupid Aaron was, not only committing the crime, but how bad of a criminal he is. The victim and all the families break my heart to think about but I almost laugh at how dumb he is.

I'm just going to go on record to say that anyone who takes a picture of himself/herself in the mirror to post on a social media website is a narcissistic pos.  I'm don't even think I have to explain further my feelings of people who not only post selfies, but post selfies holding weapons. This guy is a complete idiot.  I suspect his narcissistic personality deluded him into thinking he could get away with this.

This being Massachusetts, I'm uncertain how long he'd be put away for this. From the sounds of it, it's going to be a slam dunk case; but Massachusetts, from what I understand, isn't known for being hard on criminals. Can someone confirm this, or give a basic idea of how long he could go down for this?

If the prosecution proves premeditation in the trial (which it definitely appears to be based on the arguments presented at his arraignment and the extremely solid timeline they've developed) he could be put away for life.  I suspect if it's proven to have gone down the way it's being reported, a calculated hit, I could see a jury pretty easily going for a life w/o parole verdict.

>

This being Massachusetts, I'm uncertain how long he'd be put away for this. From the sounds of it, it's going to be a slam dunk case; but Massachusetts, from what I understand, isn't known for being hard on criminals. Can someone confirm this, or give a basic idea of how long he could go down for this?

Found this:

"If the jury finds Hernandez guilty of murder in the first degree, Hernandez will be sentenced to life in prison. Massachusetts lacks a

death penalty statute. However if the jury does not find Hernandez guilty of first-degree murder, they may still find him guilty of murder in the second degree. Carrying a much lighter penalty, one convicted of second-degree murder shall be sentenced to life in prison with a chance of parole after fifteen years."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonbelzer/2013/06/26/new-england-patriots-aaron-hernandez-charged-with-first-degree-murder/

Except, he has 5 other significant gun charges against him as well.

i took a picture of myself in the mirror yesterday at my house and posted it to facebook. does that make me a "narcissistic pos"? even though i'm a good person that doesnt do anything wrong?

Maybe the NFL should look into the Patsies conversation in the war room prior to selecting him. Guns & drug problems? That's ok, Mr. Kraft. We're as surprised as you are he fell this far. He can play.

If I'm the Lloyd family, I'm reviewing lawyer resumes. I don't think this is going away anytime soon for the Patsies & the NFL.

Maybe the NFL should look into the Patsies conversation in the war room prior to selecting him. Guns & drug problems? That's ok, Mr. Kraft. We're as surprised as you are he fell this far. He can play.

If I'm the Lloyd family, I'm reviewing lawyer resumes. I don't think this is going away anytime soon for the Patsies & the NFL.

The NFL and the Patriots have NOTHING to do with this crime other than having a former employee commit it.  There is no judge or jury in the land that would think to cast any guilt on the league or the team because there was absolutely NO law broken by either of those organizations as far as this case is concerned.  To think otherwise is plain ignorant.

Hernandez is 100% to blame for his involvement in this crime, and not one other person or group can take that away.  There may have been more than one person involved in committing this crime, but it appears that Hernandez went along by choice, if not orchestrated the entire thing.  His involvement is 100% on him and to even suggest that the NFL or the Patriots could or should share one iota of percent of a percent of the blame is idiotic in my opinion.  Hate the Pats and Belichick all you want, but don't try to directly or indirectly throw murder on someone's hands that had nothing to do with it.

I'd also look into the conversation in the hospital prior to the nurses delivering him.

Same goes for the U of F, his high school, middle school, childhood friends, realtor, and the last clerk that checked out his items at the grocery store.

Why would the Patriots and NFL have anything to do with this? If Joe Schmo from ABC Co., killed someone, are they held liable?

The NFL and the Patriots have NOTHING to do with this crime other than having a former employee commit it.  There is no judge or jury in the land that would think to cast any guilt on the league or the team because there was absolutely NO law broken by either of those organizations as far as this case is concerned.  To think otherwise is plain ignorant.

Hernandez is 100% to blame for his involvement in this crime, and not one other person or group can take that away.  There may have been more than one person involved in committing this crime, but it appears that Hernandez went along by choice, if not orchestrated the entire thing.  His involvement is 100% on him and to even suggest that the NFL or the Patriots could or should share one iota of percent of a percent of the blame is idiotic in my opinion.  Hate the Pats and Belichick all you want, but don't try to directly or indirectly throw murder on someone's hands that had nothing to do with it.

Whoa, whoa...Hold on there, Einstein.

I never said the NFL or the Patsies had anything to do with this crime. So don't attempt to put those words in my mouth. You didn't follow the thread. I was responding to a post by Dan T. about the coddling of athletes, over looking their problems to let them play sports (I'm paraphrasing his comments). So my post had to do with what I said: there is at LEAST 1 GM on record saying he wouldn't have anything to do with this punk prior to the draft. For the Patsies to disregard the signs that others saw, should, in my opinion, be investigated by the NFL.

And my comment about the Lloyd family is this: The punk that killed there son will have $0 after the lawyers finish with him. If I'm them, I would be looking at the deep pockets associated with this punk: His employer-the Patsies.

Never did I say the NFL or Patsies were to blame for this.

I never said the NFL or the Patsies had anything to do with this crime. So don't attempt to put those words in my mouth. You didn't follow the thread. I was responding to a post by Dan T. about the coddling of athletes, over looking their problems to let them play sports (I'm paraphrasing his comments). So my post had to do with what I said: there is at LEAST 1 GM on record saying he wouldn't have anything to do with this punk prior to the draft. For the Patsies to disregard the signs that others saw, should, in my opinion, be investigated by the NFL.

And my comment about the Lloyd family is this: The punk that killed there son will have $0 after the lawyers finish with him. If I'm them, I would be looking at the deep pockets associated with this punk: His employer-the Patsies.

What is there to investigate? "You drafted a player that played well and we all thought was a great move for two years, but now that he's gotten into trouble, we think you did something wrong" doesn't sound like a great way to start off an investigation.

I'm just going to go on record to say that anyone who takes a picture of himself/herself in the mirror to post on a social media website is a narcissistic pos.  I'm don't even think I have to explain further my feelings of people who not only post selfies, but post selfies holding weapons. This guy is a complete idiot.  I suspect his narcissistic personality deluded him into thinking he could get away with this.

i took a picture of myself in the mirror yesterday at my house and posted it to facebook. does that make me a "narcissistic pos"? even though i'm a good person that doesnt do anything wrong?

Do you really want me to answer that?  I'll back off the POS labe, that's a little harsh (although I will stand by that claim if the mirror selfie has weapons, drugs or the person doing something illegal).  I will still say posting selfies of oneself in a mirror or selfies of one's face (unless there's something really different than usual on the face) definitely has a place on the narcissism scale. 

What is there to investigate? "You drafted a player that played well and we all thought was a great move for two years, but now that he's gotten into trouble, we think you did something wrong" doesn't sound like a great way to start off an investigation.

Really?  How about this:

We need to figure out how to keep people with questionable character flaws from being drafted to play in our league. The guy you drafted, who had many, many questions about his character (drugs, guns, gang affiliation) has gotten into some serious trouble. What made you overlook these obvious character flaws and draft him while at least 1 other NFL GM stated he would have nothing to do with this punk?

Maybe, just maybe, something good can come out of this. You know, a signal to these athletes: Just because you have this fantastic athletic ability, if you have A, B, C in your background you will not be allowed to play in this league. Finding out why these flaws were overlooked by the Patsies might be a start to developing a league wide system to prevent these punks from playing in the NFL.

Now the Boston Globe is quoting investigators that Olin Lloyd may have known about Aaron Hernandez's involvment in the July 2012 double murders and was killed to silence him about it.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2013/06/27/former-patriots-player-aaron-hernandez-probed-two-more-murders-law-enforcement-officials-say/6PSjR68RBpguwcxmlXe2oM/story.html

Boy, this is escalating quickly.

hqdefault.jpg

Man these NFL players really need to learn how to keep it together. Just go look at the NFL headlines on FoxSports, every single one of them is about someone arrested, assault, murder, substance abuse. What the hell is wrong with these guys? You play A GAME for a living. Do they not understand how lucky they are? People like me have to work in an office 50 to 60 hours a week just to get by and you're throwing a 40 million dollar contract down the toilet, because someone talked to some people you had issues with. Give me a break. Hope this loser rots in jail and hope the NFL does something to help keep its players out of the headlines for the wrong reasons.

Not to get too meta here, but isn't this also a reflection of how we as a society treat elite athletes?  They are ego-stroked, coddled, and forgiven of all minor sins their whole lives as long as they produce on the field. For the numbskulls among them, they don't know that the bubble surrounding them doesn't make them invincible.  

After four years out of the league most of us are richer than these guys ever will be. It's not how much you make, it's how much you keep.

What happened with Josh Brent? I would expect that it would be along the same lines.

His fellow NT got a DUI a few weeks later....

Do you really want me to answer that?  I'll back off the POS labe, that's a little harsh (although I will stand by that claim if the mirror selfie has weapons, drugs or the person doing something illegal).  I will still say posting selfies of oneself in a mirror or selfies of one's face (unless there's something really different than usual on the face) definitely has a place on the narcissism scale. 

It's for single peeps, Special K.  Only after you're married or in a committed relationship do you look back and think... hmmm... who's this mofo?

We all have those pics though... :ph34r:

That said, the gang signs are just stupid.  I fear for my kids growing up in this nonsense.

So what is the difference if someone else takes a picture of you posing with a gun or just posing at all and you like the picture enough to upload? 

The Boston Police Department has located and impounded a silver SUV with Rhode Island registration that police have been trying to find for almost a year, that's linked to the scene of a double homicide in 2012.

Investigators believe that Hernandez was renting the SUV at the time of those killings, the source said.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/27/us/nfl-hernandez/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Basically, when you go to any NFL website, and see the number of arrests (which happens every year when there is almost nothing else to report before training camp starts), it can cause people to think "Man, what's up with these thug athletes? Why don't they get it?" when the overwhelming majority do get it. And all it takes is simply one arrest for that viewpoint to be the narrative.

Very smart. The small percentage definitely do skew the perception. The NFL does a lot to educate and be a family to these type of players but some people are beyond help. They just happen happen to be athletically gifted. 

The Boston Police Department has located and impounded a silver SUV with Rhode Island registration that police have been trying to find for almost a year, that's linked to the scene of a double homicide in 2012.

Investigators believe that Hernandez was renting the SUV at the time of those killings, the source said.

This is just getting worse and worse. We all knew there was a reason for the killing beyond just "talking to people he didn't like." Now it seems that is becoming more obvious what the motive actually was. 

Man he's starting to come off like Scarface!

scarface_screen001.jpg

What happened with Josh Brent? I would expect that it would be along the same lines.

It's for single peeps, Special K.  Only after you're married or in a committed relationship do you look back and think... hmmm... who's this mofo?

That said, the gang signs are just stupid.  I fear for my kids growing up in this nonsense.

So what is the difference if someone else takes a picture of you posing with a gun or just posing at all and you like the picture enough to upload? 

Sorry to have touched a chord with you guys.  It's not really a big deal, just one little person's unsolicited opinon :)  If you want to ask me more about my selfie picture and mirror-posing selfie picture opinions though, shoot me a PM.  I don't want to derail this thread  though :)

Sorry to have touched a chord with you guys.  It's not really a big deal, just one little person's unsolicited opinon :)  If you want to ask me more about my selfie picture and mirror-posing selfie picture opinions though, shoot me a PM.  I don't want to derail this thread  though :)
Don't be sorry I know exactly what you are talking about. Seems like some of those mirror people spend HOURS in the bathroom taking photos of themselves looking for the best ones to post.

Well Hernandez can't use the head injury excuse during the January playoff game if he is connected to an incident in 2012 so that about does it for Hernandez other than a screw up with evidence by the police department. No wonder this guy thought he could get away with it as more evidence is coming out. He most likely killed 2 people last year and got away with shooting another in the eye in February. What a scumbag.

Don't be sorry I know exactly what you are talking about. Seems like some of those mirror people spend HOURS in the bathroom taking photos of themselves looking for the best ones to post.

Well Hernandez can't use the head injury excuse during the January playoff game if he is connected to an incident in 2012 so that about does it for Hernandez other than a screw up with evidence by the police department. No wonder this guy thought he could get away with it as more evidence is coming out. He most likely killed 2 people last year and got away with shooting another in the eye in February. What a scumbag.

Yeah. It just seemed weird as hell that he would seem so nonchalant about about shooting a guy just because he said something he didn't like, unless that wasn't the whole story (which it obviously isn't) and unless he was used to murdering people already (and getting away with it).

Archived