Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Aaron Hernandez questioned, home searched in possible homicide probe

Son of Gadsden

Not knowing the facts (none of us do really), I think Hernandez is a dumbass who got caught in the wrong place and time.

But I dont think he murdered anyone and would be best serve to tell on his "boys."

I don't know.  There is evidence that he previously shot a guy in the face, so it's not out of the realm of possibility that he shot this guy.  This might be another case of an elite, dumb-ass athlete living his life in a bubble to a point where he thinks he's untouchable. But reality's coming down like a hammer on him soon.

He was just taken into custody by North Attleboro police...

They are reporting it on NFLN with video.

And there was no "take it easy, he's a celeb" treatment there, Hernandez answered the door and was immediately cuffed in no uncertain terms. Doesn't look good at this point except for lawyers.

He was just taken into custody by North Attleboro police...

They are reporting it on NFLN with video.

And there was no "take it easy, he's a celeb" treatment there, Hernandez answered the door and was immediately cuffed in no uncertain terms. Doesn't look good at this point except for lawyers.

I don't know - the guy covering his head as he got into the cruiser seemed pretty gentle :)

Wow this is going to be a major blow to the Patriots.  Gronkowski and Hernandez were 300+ completions for Brady last year.

Cuffed and arrested.  Hernandez seems screwed.  They obviously have something major on him right now.

Yeah, this isn't going to end well for him. When they said the other day the police left his house with about 15bags of evidence the handwriting was on the wall. 

Still no charges announced but that should be announced shortly.

Looks like Brady's taking that wayback machine to 2001-2004 (maybe even worse) this season. He's lost a ton of offense. My God.  :lol:

Yeah, losing guys like Welker and Hernandez is going to be a lot bigger than having guys like Deion Branch and David Patten.

Wow, this escalated pretty quick. If the Pats are just straight up releasing him they must feel he doesn't have much of a chance of being around this year. Usually teams will at least hold off on kicking someone out the door, especially important players.

I'm just waiting for the "should we?" thread.

Wow, this escalated pretty quick. If the Pats are just straight up releasing him they must feel he doesn't have much of a chance of being around this year. Usually teams will at least hold off on kicking someone out the door, especially important players.

Can you imagine Davis, Reed, Hernandez, Garcon, Morris and RG3 all on the same offense? Super Bowl baby!  :lol:

But yeah this speaks to how serious this is. The Pats know something the rest of don't yet and its not good if they are going to cut ties with him this soon in the process. 

Aaron's going to jail for a long time. I'm surprised the Pats did'nt release him sooner. PUMA dropped him real fast.

Was Rae Carruth the last NFL player tied to a homicide? I can't remember.

Well RG3 and Morris murdered the Dallas Cowboys last season but no charges were ever filed...

Stop it ;)

So it looks like the local media will have to compare Jordan Reed to someone else now that they can no longer use Hernandez (who was seemingy mentioned in every sentence pretaining to Reed), or they'll have to face the awkwardness of saying something like "Yeah, he compares favorably to Aaron Hernandez. He's practically a Hernandez clone... Let's just hope this clone doesn't have any dead bodies near his house though right? Ha ha [Followed by a slight pause and then uneasy laughter]

The facts still aren’t clear, but the circumstances continue to look bad for Aaron Hernandez.

We’ll know more later today the specific charge Hernandez faces. As one source with knowledge of the situation tells PFT regarding the overall situation: “Assume the worst.”

We don’t know whether that specifically means he’ll be charged with murder, whether there’s enough evidence to show that he was involved in murder, or whether there’s enough evidence to show that he obstructed justice.

Regardless, it’s already bad. We’re not sure how much worse it can get.

Apparently, however, it will.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/26/source-on-hernandez-assume-the-worst/

On the one hand I'm surprised since they have a financial incentive to wait and see, but also I'm sure the humongous backlash from the fanbase is influencing this. People here were proud that Kraft had put together a team of wholesome guys who followed the "Patriot Way" and they're pissed that it's all gone to hell.

There has been a lot of talk about how 5 or 6 years ago this kind of thing wouldn't have happened since the players themselves would have headed it off, but in recent years Belichick has started taking chances on more questionable guys and it has eroded the self-policing. In summary, I suspect this is a PR decision.

Archived