Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New York Post: Rich Manhattan moms hire handicapped tour guides so kids can cut lines at Disney World

terpskins10

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/disney_world_srich_kid_outrage_zTBA0xrvZRkIVc1zItXGDP

“My daughter waited one minute to get on ‘It’s a Small World’ — the other kids had to wait 2 1/2 hours,” crowed one mom, who hired a disabled guide through Dream Tours Florida.

“You can’t go to Disney without a tour concierge,’’ she sniffed. “This is how the 1 percent does Disney.”

I hate everything right now. Ugh.

I question the integrity of the handicapped person willing to be a part of this.

I don't. Handicapped people are no different than anyone else. They see an opportunity to make money and they took it.

Those people are idiots.

You don't have to PROOVE you have a handicapped family member. You just have to say you do.

As someone who actually does have a handicapped kid and gets these passes any time I go to a theme park, neither Disney nor Universal has ever asked us to do any more than fill out a form. I've always been grateful to the everyday people who don't abuse this privilege, because without it my family would not be able to ever go to a theme park.

I guess that sort of thing doesn't matter to people who think the world revolves around their little angels. Not that I'm surprised. At least those stupid moms are being bilked out of thousands of dollars for it.

Hey, I've taken my handicapped mom to Disney, probably 20 times. And we've never even bothered to get the card. I guess people just see mom in the wheelchair, and figure it out.

And I haven't found the handicapped line to be that much faster. Yeah, you get to the front of the line. But then you have to wait for the only car on the ride that's wheelchair accessable.

I mean...I almost can't even be upset by that. At the end of the day, they're employing handicapped workers, which is always a good thing. Even if its for the wrong reasons and they're borderline exploiting these folks. The handicapped tour guides are still getting paid.

As a kid standing in like for 3 hours at Space Mountain, I'd always be like "I wish we had grandpa with us in his wheelchair...." as we watched the families with handicapped people in their party just walse right through to the front

For as long as disney has been offering these Guest Assistance Cards, people have found ways to take advantage of them.

It's not that hard. Just tell them you have an autistic kid. When they say 'which kid' you point to one and say 'him.'

They give you a card.

The real story here is that some dopey rich moms with very little brain and nothing better to do with their lives feel all tingly because they get to be members of some completely pointless and expensive secret society that only a select few other dopey rich moms know about. And Dream Tours Florida is laughing at them all the way to the bank.

It's not that hard. Just tell them you have an autistic kid. When they say 'which kid' you point to one and say 'him.'

They give you a card..

That IS pretty much all it takes. I've ready stories of people getting them for "anxiety".

As a kid standing in like for 3 hours at Space Mountain, I'd always be like

This should never happen to anyone. This is what the Fast Pass system is for. Anyone who waits in the standby line for any of the major attractions at Disney hasn't got a clue, yet tens of thousands of people do it everyday. :doh:

Well, if somebody us willing to lie, to beat the system, what's Disney supposed to do about it? Make every handicapped person who comes to Disney, PROVE it?

Disney can't ask for proof. Their only options would be A. Get rid og the G.A.C. , or re-vamp the ride queues to allow room for the wheelchairs.

This should never happen to anyone. This is what the Fast Pass system is for. Anyone who waits in the standby line for any of the major attractions at Disney hasn't got a clue, yet tens of thousands of people do it everyday. :doh:

some attractions run out of fast passes. I've seen some gone for the whole day by 10am.

This thread makes me never want to go to Disney. I can't fathom there being a ride that is worth standing around for 2 hours or more in a line to go on. That's ridiculous.

As has been mentioned, there is always something to do so there's never a good reason to stand in line for hours to get on a single ride. We get fast passes to rides and then take the kids to other attractions until it's time. Just walking around and looking at characters, castles, etc. can be fun for younger kids. It never hurts to spend $17 on an ice cream either.

Go in the offseason when the lines are smaller.

---------- Post added May-14th-2013 at 01:17 PM ----------

This thread makes me never want to go to Disney. I can't fathom there being a ride that is worth standing around for 2 hours or more in a line to go on. That's ridiculous.

Me either.

Disney is always pretty busy, but there's times of the year that are a little less busy.

Archived