Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Predict who the Redskins select at #51

RWJ

I could see us trading down but I dont know if its worth it to trade up in a draft this deep. Might be better to keep picks and get more quality players. I'm not sure if we have the ammo to trade up either.

I kinda hope we trade down as well and acquire another pick. A few years ago, we went into the draft with 6 picks and came out with 12 guys. I'm hoping something like that happens this year.

Bank on this here : we will trade down but not that far and STILL have a second rounder with an addtl 6th thrown in. With that 6th rounder, we will pick up OL for depth. As for who, idk. We are going safety with round 2 pick. So basically, we still get our guy and pick up an addtl lineman who will start 2-3 years from now. RT most likely.

Wouldn't it be sweet if we find somebody Sean Taylor-ish???? I mean even going for kill shots in the Pro Bowl.......

I wouldn't agree, but if there's no movement up or down I feel it'll be an offensive player.

In fact I can see them surprising us all and going offensive heavy this draft. I think they think they can make a run behind 10's genious regardless of the state of the D.

Hail.

We feel the same. Get RG3 some weapons and let him work his magic.

I really hope it's not Swearinger. To me, he's another Laron Landry in the making, and not in the positive sense. I would prefer Phillip Thomas or Bacarri Rambo, but I don't even think Shanahan knows what he's going to do. If Cousins is any indication of how Shanahan drafts, we can expect him to choose whichever player is on top of his draft board when the pick rolls around. I'm not holding my breath for any player, but I'm also going to trust that this front office knows what they're doing if a pick comes out of left field.

I really hope it's not Swearinger. To me, he's another Laron Landry in the making, and not in the positive sense. I would prefer Phillip Thomas or Bacarri Rambo, but I don't even think Shanahan knows what he's going to do. If Cousins is any indication of how Shanahan drafts, we can expect him to choose whichever player is on top of his draft board when the pick rolls around. I'm not holding my breath for any player, but I'm also going to trust that this front office knows what they're doing if a pick comes out of left field.

That's a valid point about Swearinger, but you have to understand that he's an extremely strong, confident leader on his defense. He has the same mean streak as Landry; I, too, thought of this comparison while watching his highlight tape. But I think Swearinger has better overall character and understands the importance of being a good leader, however nasty he gets during his hits. Personally, I hope the Skins draft Swearinger because his mean streak, in my mind, is huge positive. He's a better overall person than Landry.

That's a valid point about Swearinger, but you have to understand that he's an extremely strong, confident leader on his defense. He has the same mean streak as Landry; I, too, thought of this comparison while watching his highlight tape. But I think Swearinger has better overall character and understands the importance of being a good leader, however nasty he gets during his hits. Personally, I hope the Skins draft Swearinger because his mean streak, in my mind, is huge positive. He's a better overall person than Landry.

We need this in the secondary.

Leon Sandcastle.

Didn't he play here once? Bah... Thinkin' of someone else.

The best part of a Shanahan draft is that he does like to parlay. He likes the best player over team need but this draft we have a couple glaring team needs.

Archived