Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Predict who the Redskins select at #51

RWJ

The most heavily criticized picks last year were the Leribeus and Morris picks. Leribeus didn't play much, but when he filled in for Korey briefly he looked good. Morris was an absolute steal.

So, yeah. I think I'm enjoying this pick more and more with every post that criticizes it. It's a good gauge. :ols:

And I forgot to mention Kirk Cousins, don't ask me how I forgot that... THE most heavily criticized pick by far, lol. Again, a great gauge for success. I'm liking the Amerson pick more and more.

Stedman Bailey, Duke Williams, Phillip Thomas, Bacarri Rambo, Tony Jefferson, Da'Rick Rogers, Ryan Swope are all still there. Naturally, I don't think Shanallen will take any of them. Well known guys aren't really their style (RG3 the one exception).

@JasonLaCanfora: The Cowboys took WR Terrance Williams from Baylor

Yea, probably to keep him away from RGIII!

---------- Post added April-26th-2013 at 09:42 PM ----------

why, on ESPN Draft Tracker, does it say one of our needs is a QB???

And Bowlen admitted he made a mistake too I believe.

Look, I'm a Shanahan fan, but I think Bowlen is pretty happy right now. The only mistake I know he's admitted was hiring Josh McDaniels. He's sad that the relationship ended, but Shanahan had been operating the team as if he were the owner.

David Amerson

Here's the thing. We all know the team needs a safety, but there is nothing more dangerous then a rookie safety. It would be better if we got a 3rd round guy who can spend a season learning behind a vet.

Most passing concepts use a safety as the first post-snap read. If you have a guy that is unsure of himself back there, or commits the wrong way (like Williams), then a decent QB will exploit that for big plays. If we want the team to win now, then the draft probably isn't the best place to get your a safety. As I see it, there is only one safety in this draft who could start week 1, Eric Reid, and he'll be gone by 51. Besides him there are probably only three others in this draft worthy of 51 or higher, and I'm not sure any of them will fall that far.

There are a bunch of CBs worthy of 51 or higher, guys who present much less risk to the D. So the probability is that the best pick at that spot will probably be a CB. So, I'm going with David Amerson.

Nailed it

Look, I'm a Shanahan fan, but I think Bowlen is pretty happy right now. The only mistake I know he's admitted was hiring Josh McDaniels. He's sad that the relationship ended, but Shanahan had been operating the team as if he were the owner.

If I were the owner and I had a guy like Gibbs, Parcells, Tom Landry, Don Shula and they didn't operate the team like they owned it, I would fire them. You hire competent people and let them do their jobs, success 101. Bowlen's ego got in the way.

---------- Post added April-27th-2013 at 11:18 AM ----------

Nailed it

Great job and an even greater breakdown, awesome work man. clapping.gif

Archived