Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Predict who the Redskins select at #51

RWJ

So if we draft another CB in the 3rd, will that be a hint that the team is thinking of this kid as a safety? With all of the off season in front of him, there is plenty of time to bring him up to speed at FS. With his hands, he could become a turnover machine at FS. Here is hoping that hebecomes a starter for us this season or next!!!

Not too pleased with this pick -- I was quietly hoping he wouldn't be the one the Skins used their 51st pick on.

I believe in time you will think differently. The guy can ball. Yea he got burned in a couple but this

guy is fast and physical. I have seen him live in 7 games at NC State and believe me he is in your

face physical!

lots of safeties on the board man, no need to panic

---------- Post added April-26th-2013 at 08:14 PM ----------

Somebody's gotta move. The 2nd round pick shouldn't be a 4th corner behind Hall, Biggers, and Wilson. Unless they're banking on two or all of those 3 guys being gone after next year.

Hopefully hall will get released at end of nxt yr.

Next on the chopping block, we REALLY need a FS pretty badly.

If Madieu Williams is our free safety this year I might just cyrogenically freeze myself until April 2014.

Tanard Jackson is still under contract, and he will rejoin the team in late August. Might not be able to start until October, but he was oustanding in the pre-season last year. If Tanard can move forward from his suspension the guy is a baller.

The only thing that worries me about the pick is the "beat a lot on double moves" criticism. That seems to be a common theme with cornerbacks in this organization.

He only got "beat" on double moves because he kept going for the big play INT.

He has acknowledged this. He needs to get back to basics and put some discipline back in his game.

I'm sure the Redskins will help him do this.

I don't understand why people pout because "their" guy wasn't picked

Originally Posted by Painkiller because they know better than all the collective football minds of the Washington Redskins. .

I didn't have a particular person in mind. I just didn't want Amerson -- felt he was too risky of a "boom/bust" candidate.

And as you might know, there was a lot of doubt expressed on Amerson, from other 'collective football minds'.

It may work out, and this guy elevates his game and matures into a bona fide NFL CB. But I think this seems like one more gamble by Mike Shanahan. , Maybe folks are relying on Morris to coach this guy up.

Can you inform me of the "gambles" he has made since becoming our head coach?

The biggest gamble we actually don't think about as a gamble, but trading 2 #1s and a #2 to get Robert was definitely a gamble. It worked out, but it was a gamble.

The biggest example of a gamble that didn't pay off was McNabb. I posted about this before, but that was definitely a gamble.

Trent Williams was also probably a little bit of a gamble. The safer pick was Okung at #4.

There have been a few gambles. Some have worked, some haven't.

I actually don't think that this is a gamble, but I'm just answering your question.

McNabb is the first one that comes to mind.

not much of a gamble on a pro bowl QB bro.

People in here really need to chill. This was a great pick on position of need. He has huge upside and the issues he had last year at totally coach-able. Remember who is our DB coach.

Um, kind of going to give him the benefit of the doubt. This post would've been valid in 2010, but not now.

I live in Denver now. He's well known here, both the good and the bad. I don't bring up his arrogance lightly. It's what caused Bowlen to fire him.

Archived