Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Predict who the Redskins select at #51

RWJ

My wish would be Eric Reid but he will be gone by 51 so I hope that we have a choice between DJ Swearinger, Jonathan Cyprien, Jamar Taylor, Johnthan Banks, Terron Armstead, Kyle Long or Terrance Williams. I'm not sure who I would want the most out of those seven but would be happy with any of them. I feel certain that it will be somebody we don't expect though like Jesse Williams or Cory Lemonier and I wont complain at all this year because this front office has been great in the draft and they know a lot more than me. (I do really hope that they like and are able to draft Kenjon Barner in the later rounds)

We need speed on offense. I think Wheaton is the pick if he is available.

But secretly this is really more what I want to happen.

I'm not really sure how you can say we "need" speed on offense. I mean, that's pretty much all we have on offense. RG3, Helu, Garcon, Moss (still fast), Morgan, Robinson, Davis (fast for a TE), Paul, and even Morris to an extent are all fast guys. That's what makes our offense what it is. So I disagree. Trying to get faster on offense is not necessarily top priority for the Skins.

WR - Terrance Williams, Baylor

Even after playing well with RGIII in 2011, Williams is a 6-2 WR with 4.48 speed, who went on to have 97 receptions last year, and led the nation with almost 1900 yards and an 18.9 yards per reception average. He's also a good blocker. When Garcon was out of the lineup last year, the offense sputtered. Williams will take over as starter in 2014 for Josh Morgan and give us two deep threats. .....

The important thing about TWill is that he knows how to get open.

Here's proof.

Don't forget that Kendall Wright was the #1 receiver for Robert back then.

Unless a stud is available at 51 I expect the skins to look to trade back. There are still going to be decent cbs and safeties in the 3rd round, and if we had 3 3rd rounders we could take a safety, cb and still have another pick on a BPA. Am I right in thinking that this would make life easier from a cap point of view, as lower pick contracts would be worth less? This draft is deep at CB and safety, positions we badly need. There are guys who will go in the 3rd that can realisticly start, possibly even the 4th. Most mocks have players like Rambo or Swearinger still there for our 3rd round pick, same with a number of the corners.

If a player who they graded as a 1st round pick drops to them, they will take that player.

this is probably true but I think there are limitations.

I don't think they would take an outside linebacker but its possible, and there is no way they take another quarterback that early.

With the 51st pick the Redskins select....

D.J. Swearinger, S, South Carolina

“I’m the best safety in this draft because I’m a leader first and foremost,” said Swearinger, who captained South Carolina’s defense. “I have instincts that coaches can’t coach. You can’t coach instincts. I have great ball skills, great feet and hips. I’m going to stay in that film room and be a hard worker day in an day out.” - D.J Swearinger

I'll go with Swearinger. He was a captain in college which I know this staff looks for, and I think his last name can be used for some cool nicknames. Either way, I've realized I'm okay with not having a 1st rounder this year. Not only because we have RG3, but because the elite talent at the top of this draft is weak. We really picked a good time to miss out on having a high pick. I think next year will hurt more.

I'll go with Swearinger. He was a captain in college which I know this staff looks for, and I think his last name can be used for some cool nicknames. Either way, I've realized I'm okay with not having a 1st rounder this year. Not only because we have RG3, but because the elite talent at the top of this draft is weak. We really picked a good time to miss out on having a high pick. I think next year will hurt more.

im not worried about it, the 32nd pick in the draft is kinda like a second rounder anyway.

Archived