Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Predict who the Redskins select at #51

RWJ

He played a lot of single high at SC. Not saying Thomas or Rambo would be a bad pick, but Swearinger does have the skillset to be over top.

True, but i really don't think he is going to excel in that area in the NFL. From everything I have seen of him, he really seems to excel much more in the box and within 10 yards of the LOS. Id rather go somewhere else if we pick a safety.

As a Game**** alum...I'm all over Swearinger. Of course I want Latti later too but I'll worry about that pick on Saturday. This is the guy I want us to pick Friday night. Jungle Boi Swagg #36. My favorite sequence of his comes from the Arky game last year. Two straight personal fouls followed up by a pick six, tosses the ball in the stands to complete the Jungle boi hat trick of personal fouls on three straight plays!

If this doesn't work out I'd be okay going 0-16 next year and getting Clowney with the number 1 pick in 2014. Just kidding...sort of.

IF Swear can bring THIS to the Skins, I am ALL IN. I like the outs and pot odds. Can you imagine the offense seeing this and come back on the field energized?

You guys get too excited over big hits. Free Safety > strong safety when all things are equal. It's harder to find a quality free safety than a strong safety and as such you can find strong safeties later in the draft. The overwhelmingly majority of safeties in this draft are strong safeties. Even a guy like Vaccarro IMO is more of a hybrid guy and not a true free safety.

Bacarri Rambo is IMO the most natural free safety in this draft. I also think his zone skills are so good he could play corner for us in some packages which adds to his value. He isn't a big hitter tough he does have hitting ability and he isn't a tackler that's gonna stop guys dead though he is a reliable tackler even if he tends to drag guys down. None of that matters because he's a free safety. Coverage, balls skills, and a reliable tackler are the only things that really matter at FS. Hitting ability is the very last thing you look for especially in today's NFL.

Phillip Thomas is the other free safety option but to much he doesn't have the speed to be a quality starter in the NFL. To me if you want a free safety this draft, it's pretty much Bacarri Rambo or bust. All these strong safeties are being overvalued. Look at FA this year, guys like Landry and Bernard Pollard were allowed to walk yet again and they played well for their respective teams.

You can find quality strong safeties later in the daft, even more so this year. The only strong safety I would entertain taking if he fell to us at #51 would be Matt Elam. I a more inclined to think we Go BPA but if we plan on going safety I think Rambo is the only one worth it at that selection. Besides how many strong safeties do we already have on the team and what has been the issue for years since Sean died? Free safety.

David Amerson

Here's the thing. We all know the team needs a safety, but there is nothing more dangerous then a rookie safety. It would be better if we got a 3rd round guy who can spend a season learning behind a vet.

Most passing concepts use a safety as the first post-snap read. If you have a guy that is unsure of himself back there, or commits the wrong way (like Williams), then a decent QB will exploit that for big plays. If we want the team to win now, then the draft probably isn't the best place to get your a safety. As I see it, there is only one safety in this draft who could start week 1, Eric Reid, and he'll be gone by 51. Besides him there are probably only three others in this draft worthy of 51 or higher, and I'm not sure any of them will fall that far.

There are a bunch of CBs worthy of 51 or higher, guys who present much less risk to the D. So the probability is that the best pick at that spot will probably be a CB. So, I'm going with David Amerson.

Redskins junior scout Jimmy Fleagle infiltrates the Chiefs facility and disconnects the Pizza Hut hotline cable, and then tapes an "out of order" sign on the candy machine.

Andy Reid trades us the 1st overall pick for a box of Hot Pockets and a 2 litre bottle of Mr. Pibb, which we then use to trade down, stock up a pick or two, and settle on Eric Reid

~Bang

Of these guys... DJ, Rambo, Williams, Amerson, etc... do we know which of these guys were team captains? Leaders? We seem to gravitate to those types.

I think it will be Williams or DJ. I'd like to see them get an awesome FS, but I don't love any of them for #51.

Edit: I actually think we'll trade down at #51. I think there will be a handful of solid CBs, S, and WRs so we'll move back and get another mid-round pick (4th).

In a mock draft I represented the Redskins.I drafted David Amerson and Bacarri Rambo, FS. Would anyone be happy if those were the Redskins real picks?

Rambo in the 3rd. No way Amerson in the 2nd though.

I am also on board with Swearinger (Or another safety) at 51.

I think corner will be addressed on Friday and looking at Robert Alford, depending on who is available.

If we can only get Swearinger in the 2nd and Alford in the 3rd, I would be very happy.:)

As a Game**** alum...I'm all over Swearinger. Of course I want Latti later too but I'll worry about that pick on Saturday. This is the guy I want us to pick Friday night. Jungle Boi Swagg #36. My favorite sequence of his comes from the Arky game last year. Two straight personal fouls followed up by a pick six, tosses the ball in the stands to complete the Jungle boi hat trick of personal fouls on three straight plays!

I've seen that sequence many times :)

I don't really like the PFs on three straight plays, but if he can recover from a mistake like that at the NFL level (and I think he can) then I'm all for him.

I like these ideas if it could work

2nd- T. Williams/ Allen/ Rogers

3rd- if we could get Rambo maybe Thomas

or

2nd- "Swag" Swearinger

3rd- WR/ BW Webb CB or maybe even another safety. sounds crazy, but "Swag and Rambo"? How do people feel about two safeties in a row drafted? i do like the idea of a WR or playmaker though. I think theres a lot of possibilities which makes this draft interesting from rounds 2-4

I like these ideas if it could work

2nd- T. Williams/ Allen/ Rogers

3rd- if we could get Rambo maybe Thomas

or

2nd- "Swag" Swearinger

3rd- WR/ BW Webb CB or maybe even another safety. sounds crazy, but Swag and Rambo? How do people feel about two safeties in a row drafted? i do like the idea of a WR or playmaker though. I think theres a lot of possibilities which makes this draft interesting from rounds 2-4

I wouldn't mind drafting two safeties, but I don't think it'll be two in a row. I think we'll take Swearinger in the 2nd and then Dominick Reyes (Stony Brook safety - something like 6'3/6'4 220) in either the sixth or seventh.

We would go into the season with the depth looking something like this:

FS - Swearinger, Bernstine

SS - Meriweather, Doughty

Then have Reyes compete with Gomes and anyone else for the swing safety spot.

I wouldn't mind drafting two safeties, but I don't think it'll be two in a row. I think we'll take Swearinger in the 2nd and then Dominick Reyes (Stony Brook safety - something like 6'3/6'4 220) in either the sixth or seventh.

We would go into the season with the depth looking something like this:

Then have Reyes compete with Gomes and anyone else for the swing safety spot.

What about that guy Ray Ray? lets say hypothetically he doesn't get drafted or its way late in the rounds like 6-7 do you pull the trigger? Swag and Ray Ray Armstrong could be interesting. I need to take a look at Reyes :)

What about that guy Ray Ray? lets say hypothetically he doesn't get drafted or its way late in the rounds like 6-7 do you pull the trigger? Swag and Ray Ray Armstrong could be interesting. I need to take a look at Reyes :)

I'm not really that high on Ray Ray. Maybe bring him in as a UDFA and see what he can do. But he hasn't really impressed me.

Oh wow just watched video on him, good call. thats a good idea as well :)

---------- Post added April-25th-2013 at 02:40 PM ----------

I'm not really that high on Ray Ray. Maybe bring him in as a UDFA and see what he can do. But he hasn't really impressed me.

Ok, don't know how I missed out on Reyes, I'm sure that video has been posted before or him talked about in the draft thread.

Is Swearinger better than Elam from the Gators? Not sure Elam will fall to 51 ... I have seen Elam play but not Swearinger. Elam is like a fire plug and always seems to be in on every play. just looking for input.

Elam is probably a 1st rounder, or if not, an early 2nd rounder. I rate him higher than Swearinger, as do many experts. If Elam was there at 51, we need to pull that trigger so hard the grip gets crushed.

Archived