Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Predict who the Redskins select at #51

RWJ

I see alot of people like Swearinger.:) The wildcard I could see would be the following. Last year we took two SMU players (Leribus/Crawford), if I'm not mistaken. Just wondering IF Shanahan takes TE Escobar and CB McFadden from SDSU. I really want Swearinger though.:)

So I have seen a lot of trade 51(390 points) to 49ers for 61 and 128 (292 and 44 points), loss of 54 points, which is how many trades have gone with Shanny and Co.

What about 51 (390 again) for 74 and 93 (220 and 128 points), loss of 42 points.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php

Using Walter Football http://walterfootball.com/draft2013_3.php

How about:

74. Terrence Williams, WR (he has him at 76)

85. DJ Swearinger, S (already has us picking him)

93. Bacarri Rambo, S (he has him at 97) or Mathieu to get a CB in the mix.

Then almost everyone is right in this thread. Haha

So I have seen a lot of trade 51(390 points) to 49ers for 61 and 128 (292 and 44 points), loss of 54 points, which is how many trades have gone with Shanny and Co.

What about 51 (390 again) for 74 and 93 (220 and 128 points), loss of 42 points.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php

Using Walter Football http://walterfootball.com/draft2013_3.php

How about:

74. Terrence Williams, WR (he has him at 76)

85. DJ Swearinger, S (already has us picking him)

93. Bacarri Rambo, S (he has him at 97) or Mathieu to get a CB in the mix.

Then almost everyone is right in this thread. Haha

Man i'd love this scenario. Then go CB with the next pick.

If the Redskins do go with a WR with the 51st pick, or with their first pick in general, I believe it will be West Virginia’s Stedman Bailey and not Baylor's Terrance Williams

http://www.knowitallfootball.com/2013/04/09/nfl-draft-off-the-radar-west-virginias-stedman-bailey/

while the Washington Redskins might be interested in him as the heir apparent to Santana Moss.

He's perfect for the offense we run and the QB who runs it.

I'll go with Swearinger. He was a captain in college which I know this staff looks for, and I think his last name can be used for some cool nicknames. Either way, I've realized I'm okay with not having a 1st rounder this year. Not only because we have RG3, but because the elite talent at the top of this draft is weak. We really picked a good time to miss out on having a high pick. I think next year will hurt more.

No it won't. We would have had the 32nd pick, so it's like a 2nd round pick anyway.

---------- Post added April-25th-2013 at 11:04 AM ----------

im not worried about it, the 32nd pick in the draft is kinda like a second rounder anyway.

Beat me to it!!

---------- Post added April-25th-2013 at 11:08 AM ----------

Hmm, haven't focused on D.J. Swearinger much, so checked out one of his highlight videos. Not to bad, seems like got some good eyes and hands. Here's the highlight video for a quick glance, will have to see more!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w64D1D8cyc4

Looks to have good instincts. Good sideline to sideline speed. I like that he doesn't get "juked out" at all.

Or we could go with Ray Ray Armstrong with the 85th pick.

Are you a Miami fan? I haven't seen anything to suggest that Ray Ray Armstrong will go this early. Many mocks don't even have him drafted. I'm pretty sure if we really wanted him, he'd be there for the taking in the 6th or something.

I'm no draft expert (though I try my best) but I think there is one thing we can all agree on regardless of the pick:

This year's draft is considered by some to be very weak overall. CBSSports' Freeman cited a GM who estimates only about a dozen real first-rounders and Brian Billick says there is no real value difference between this year's 5th and 25th pick. Given those opinions, the RG3 trade looks even better since the weakness of this year's class mitigates the loss of a first round pick. In short, it's a good year to not have a first.

All that said, my personal bias wants Te'o to slip to 51. Realistically, I think the front office has put itself in good position to avoid drafting for need, instead taking BPA. I don't know who it will be but I doubt I'll be displeased.

I see a lot of people on here are higher on P Thomas than I am. Thomas might get the edge as an athlete, but I think Swearinger and Rambo are both better pure football players. I would be happy if we took either of those guys. Even though I personally would give the nod to Rambo.

Put me in the Wheaton camp. I think that kid is gonna be a rock star. I could see a scenario where we drafted WR at 51, and then looked to grab a FS in the 3rd. If that scenario played out, I wouldn't be shocked if we traded up in the 3rd to make sure we get our guy. I'm excited to see what we're gonna do.

Not sure i understand the love of Swearinger here. He is a great, physical safety who plays well at the line. He reminds me of Meriweather in that regard and even Laron Landry. He will be good at covering shorter routes and stuffing the run, but our issues lie more in covering deep over the top. I think we will go with a safety such as Philip Thomas or Rambo since they are better in that regard. Don't get me wrong, i like Swearinger and think he will be a solid, if unspectacular player, but i dont think he is anything better then a solid bump and run, play in the box type of safety and lacks the real coverage skills we need.

The players I think we are looking at are Rambo, Thomas, And Williams.

Not sure i understand the love of Swearinger here. He is a great, physical safety who plays well at the line. He reminds me of Meriweather in that regard and even Laron Landry. He will be good at covering shorter routes and stuffing the run, but our issues lie more in covering deep over the top. I think we will go with a safety such as Philip Thomas or Rambo since he is better in that regard. Dont get me wrong, i like Swearinger, but i dont think he is anything better then a solid bump and run, play in the box type of safety and lacks the real coverage skills we need.

He played a lot of single high at SC. Not saying Thomas or Rambo would be a bad pick, but Swearinger does have the skillset to be over top.

He played a lot of single high at SC. Not saying Thomas or Rambo would be a bad pick, but Swearinger does have the skillset to be over top.

As a Game**** alum...I'm all over Swearinger. Of course I want Latti later too but I'll worry about that pick on Saturday. This is the guy I want us to pick Friday night. Jungle Boi Swagg #36. My favorite sequence of his comes from the Arky game last year. Two straight personal fouls followed up by a pick six, tosses the ball in the stands to complete the Jungle boi hat trick of personal fouls on three straight plays!

If this doesn't work out I'd be okay going 0-16 next year and getting Clowney with the number 1 pick in 2014. Just kidding...sort of.

Archived