Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

Alaskins

28 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

They'll be back when we start winning again.

Mmmm...I dunno, the media won't drive this bus again like they did last time because they were made to look pretty stupid when the new independent study came out and the results were more in favor of the name than the previous study. Which ESPN talking head was it that basically surrendered the issue on air? Was it Stephen A?

1 minute ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Mmmm...I dunno, the media won't drive this bus again like they did last time because they were made to look pretty stupid when the new independent study came out and the results were more in favor of the name than the previous study. Which ESPN talking head was it that basically surrendered the issue on air? Was it Stephen A?

Most of the people upset with the name and demanding it changed now aren't even football fans or native americans, started to notice that trend the last time this got smacked down.  In this day in age of people competing to be the most Woke, its only a matter of time until it pops up again, even if it goes nowhere.

8 minutes ago, Xameil said:

So we got at least a few years then...

Maybe, like to hear how our owner is a racist and the last three QBs we drafted in the first round were all black. We don't even need comebacks anymore, just can tune it out.  Ever since DC mayor realized Virginia might steal the new stadium from them, she changed her tune, for some this really goes so far as to what it costs them to stick with their stance.  Some don't want to lose money, some don't want it to cost their reputation, some have nothing to lose.

21 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Most of the people upset with the name and demanding it changed now aren't even football fans or native americans, started to notice that trend the last time this got smacked down.  In this day in age of people competing to be the most Woke, its only a matter of time until it pops up again, even if it goes nowhere.

Maybe, like to hear how our owner is a racist and the last three QBs we drafted in the first round were all black. We don't even need comebacks anymore, just can tune it out.  Ever since DC mayor realized Virginia might steal the new stadium from them, she changed her tune, for some this really goes so far as to what it costs them to stick with their stance.  Some don't want to lose money, some don't want it to cost their reputation, some have nothing to lose.

Well, I'm one of the ones who find the whole name change thing absurd...and hypocritical when you look at some of the biggest protesters. 

31 minutes ago, Xameil said:

Well, I'm one of the ones who find the whole name change thing absurd...and hypocritical when you look at some of the biggest protesters. 

I wonder how many of the protesters and the ones screaming cultural appropriations are tripping over themselves making excuses for Elizabeth Warren?

I love seeing the sjw’s that jumped on this exposed for being full of ****. Completely full of ****. 

Its great. I’ll forever enjoy doing this victory lap. Lots of people were quite sure of themselves when they started telling everyone else how people think and feel  

that’s the beauty of the SJW people - they just move along like nothing happened. Doesn’t really phase them, because being right about these things was never a concern of theirs to begin with. 

On 8/12/2019 at 12:43 PM, Riggo#44 said:

I wonder how many of the protesters and the ones screaming cultural appropriations are tripping over themselves making excuses for Elizabeth Warren?

That ven diagram has a large amount of commonality.

8 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

What is an sjw?

SJW = Social Justice Warrior

Think of your stereotypical first year Berkeley liberal arts student who is woke to the injustices in the world, so instead of actually prioritizing and working on key issues that matter they take on everything and criticize/protest everything that moves, except they are so blinded by their criticism of everything else they neglect to realize that their Prius actually has a larger carbon footprint than the Dodge Ram they're angry at.

26 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

That ven diagram has a large amount of commonality.

SJW = Social Justice Warrior

Think of your stereotypical first year Berkeley liberal arts student who is woke to the injustices in the world, so instead of actually prioritizing and working on key issues that matter they take on everything and criticize/protest everything that moves, except they are so blinded by their criticism of everything else they neglect to realize that their Prius actually has a larger carbon footprint than the Dodge Ram they're angry at.

Or as they were documented in the movie PCU, they are the Causeheads

screen-shot-2012-11-20-at-9-56-34-pm1.png

1 hour ago, tshile said:

I love seeing the sjw’s that jumped on this exposed for being full of ****. Completely full of ****. 

Its great. I’ll forever enjoy doing this victory lap. Lots of people were quite sure of themselves when they started telling everyone else how people think and feel  

that’s the beauty of the SJW people - they just move along like nothing happened. Doesn’t really phase them, because being right about these things was never a concern of theirs to begin with. 

Nor for you, apparently.  

I mean, coming to the right conclusion is nice and all.  But the real payoff is being entitled to act like a jerk towards some well intentioned people who thought they were standing up for a Little Guy.  

38 minutes ago, Larry said:

Nor for you, apparently.  

I mean, coming to the right conclusion is nice and all.  But the real payoff is being entitled to act like a jerk towards some well intentioned people who thought they were standing up for a Little Guy.  

Did they feel that way--or were they hopping on an emotional bandwagon, with only their own ego and self-worth in mind?

Because many of them ignored all facts and evidence that ran contrary to their agenda, or dismissed it outright with nothing more than a wave of the hand

I don’t even care any more, like one way or another.  I certainly don’t care enough to want to rub it in the face of whoever was a supporter of the name change.

Plus, there’s a 100% chance that Donald Trump uses the term “redskin” when referring to American Indians.

1 hour ago, Larry said:

Nor for you, apparently.  

Yup. If you’re going to be loudly wrong about something then you get to eat it. 

They arent sticking up for the little guy. They’re just acting on their need to feel righteous over others. They’re obnoxious and I doubt most of them will or have accepted this. They can go kick rocks. 

1 hour ago, Larry said:

Nor for you, apparently.  

Yeah, I don't think they ever really gave a Frenchman's **** about "the little guy."  Maybe some did, but for the majority of them I believe it was a chance to chest thump and remind people how aware and woke they are.  

There are a lot of battles going on in this country today, various members of various groups for different things.  But I am convinced that perhaps the biggest battle is the battle for the moral high ground.  It doesn't have the most at stake,...but I think it's the battle with the most people, the most participants.  Got a twitter handle?  Facebook account? Congrats, you're in.  Low cost of entry and it requires no hardship or effort to remind people that you're morally virtuous and therefore better than some other person or group of people.  Just in case anyone gives a ****, ya know.  

2 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Care to elaborate on this?

Its quite simple.  She claimed to be Native American when she wasn’t.  She tried to prove it, to much embarrassment.  It’s a pretty cut and dry case of cultural appropriation.

The irony there, is that people support Warren, and this her appropriation but don’t support the Redskins as well.

45 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Oh ok. So the implication of Warren is wrong and the equivalency presented is also wrong. 

Care to elaborate on this? I find it interesting that people who criticise the Redskins name also ignore Warren's blatant "appropriation." Now note, these are also the idiots who say a white person can't cook a burrito...so....

And it's not a left/right thing--I find the inherent hypocrisy in emotional arguments like this, and politics in general, fascinating.

• 1 month later...

Just change the name already.  What’s the point of hanging on to the past?  The Redskins of glory years!  That is dead.  So many years ago.  Dan Snyder killed the Redskins as we know it.  Move on with a different team name.  Fighting about if it’s offensive or not to someone else when you’re not even a part of the minority group is asinine anyway.  

Archived