Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

Alaskins

@Mr. Sinister didnt want to quote your whole thing. I understand what you are saying, and you aren't going to be able to appease 100% of.the people 100% of the time. 

Something insults everyone. The terms he/she/him/her offend about the same percentage comparatively as are offended by the term Redskins. Are you going to stop using those terms as well.

So...call it a cop out.if you want, but I will go with the majority. If the Majority of the Native Americans dont see it as offensive, and the origin of it is not offensive...then who am I to tell them it is offensive and not use the term when referencing a football team.

To each their own. Funniest part about it is...almost every team I just call be the area/city they are from.

35 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I don’t know if it’s an institutional thing, but yeah.

It is I think. They are taught it in school...

• 3 months later...
28 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

No ****in way.

It's the only reason I wanna keep Snyder. We're only an owner away from not being ourselves anymore. 

Completely agree...all you whiney ass **** ****ers who want to change the name can jump.off a cliff with the rest if the lemmings....and yes in vino veritas

Just now, Xameil said:

Tell me...why change a name? Just because? If.thats the case...change yours. It obviously means nothing

Because there is major stank associated with this teams name. No one but the most hardcore fan cares about what this franchise did in the 80s. The Redskins are three decades of hot garbage. 

Time me for a rebrand.

5 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Because there is major stank associated with this teams name. No one but the most hardcore fan cares about what this franchise did in the 80s. The Redskins are three decades of hot garbage. 

Time me for a rebrand.

Yeah...the names to blame...that's the most idiotic reason to change the name....

And since I'm one of those hard core fans...I say good day sir...and get off my lawn snowflake ;)

Just now, Xameil said:

Yeah...the names to blame...that's the most idiotic reason to change the name....

And since I'm one of those hard core fans...I say good day sir...and get off my lawn snowflake ;)

The name just adds to the toxicity of this teams brand. The gold standard of journalism in DC, the Washington Post, doesn’t even refer to this teams name. 

You might think people are snowflakes but this team is bleeding die hard fans and sure as **** not recruiting any new ones.

14 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

The name just adds to the toxicity of this teams brand. The gold standard of journalism in DC, the Washington Post, doesn’t even refer to this teams name. 

You might think people are snowflakes but this team is bleeding die hard fans and sure as **** not recruiting any new ones.

Ok...the snowflake comment was a joke...an alcohol induced joke.

The Washington Post is a joke with a vendetta and agenda. I find it even more laughable you called the Washington Post a gold standard...that term shouldnt even be used with ANY news outlet. They all suck.

The name has zero to do with the team bleeding die hard fans...it has to do with poor performance. And this year I blame the injuries and Gruden and the coaching staff honestly.  

A name change would be a travesty. Every Native American friend I have ( I have a lot of them) are fans BECAUSE of the name. They too find it prideful...this year...we were 2 games ahead of the NFC East until we lost Alex...was that because of the name? No. So what's a good reason to change it?

Oh...and wasn't it the Washington Post that did the survey of Native Americans and found over 90% support of the name?

13 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

I've said it once I'll say it a thousand more times.

The name is all I got.

I'm not a local fan I can't cling to that.

The Redskins are who I root for.

I don't know who the hell the Washington Redhawks are and why the hell should I root for them?

Since i started rooting for the skins almost 37 years ago everything has changed, yes every single thing you can possibly think of has changed except the Redskins. 

Hell they don't even play in Washington anymore. 

Once you take that away I literally have no reason at all to root for whatever fills the void.

I would no sooner be able to root for the Redhawks than I could just flip a switch and start rooting for the rams or bears.

This may seem ridiculous to you but to me its 100 percent how I feel.

1 hour ago, Xameil said:

Tell me...why change a name? Just because? If.thats the case...change yours. It obviously means nothing

Rebrand and Dems won't let us move back to RFK site if we don't.  Our franchise has not only changed our name before, we changed cities.

Go to Washington Warriors and put the Arrow on the side of the helmet like the 70th anniversary jerseys.

1 hour ago, Xameil said:

Ok...the snowflake comment was a joke...an alcohol induced joke.

The Washington Post is a joke with a vendetta and agenda. I find it even more laughable you called the Washington Post a gold standard...that term shouldnt even be used with ANY news outlet. They all suck.

The name has zero to do with the team bleeding die hard fans...it has to do with poor performance. And this year I blame the injuries and Gruden and the coaching staff honestly.  

A name change would be a travesty. Every Native American friend I have ( I have a lot of them) are fans BECAUSE of the name. They too find it prideful...this year...we were 2 games ahead of the NFC East until we lost Alex...was that because of the name? No. So what's a good reason to change it?

Oh...and wasn't it the Washington Post that did the survey of Native Americans and found over 90% support of the name?

One can not like how the Post covers the Skins, but anyone that thinks the Post doesn’t do outstanding work on actual important issues is either drunk or an idiot. 

2 hours ago, redskinss said:

This may seem ridiculous to you but to me its 100 percent how I feel.

It's not ridiculous, but look at it from this perspective. 

The records will still be there, the ring of fame will still be there, our super bowl trophies will still be there, Gibbs will still be the best coach this franchise ever had, and when they do homecoming games the same legends you remember watching growing up will be brought out there for everyone to pay their respects to. Are you originally from the area?  I stayed a fan because they reminded me of home and my time I got to spend with my dad when he really didn't have any. 

No name change is going to change that  I can see myself being local looking at it differently then someone that isn't in area anymore, or never even lived here.  At this point, because they are the DC team, I want them to do well even when I feel like they don't give a damn about me.  But its a sport, and I have a choice to feel anyway I feel about it as its supposed to be a distraction to help me get from one day to the next.

The franchise has to matter more then the name, and for me the area has to matter more then the franchise.  If they moved (hypothetical), I'd wait until another showed up.  But its just a sport, you are allowed to react to it any which way you want.  and for a franchise that seemingly does not give a damn about you right now, you owe them nothing.  End of the day, the franchise gave you those memories you are holding on to and that just happened to be the team name.  I don't think changing it has to have anything to do with being PC anymore, so not that you are saying this, but anyone barking down another's throat about how Native Americans don't care is missing the point about everyone else that does and for different reasons.

The name is only a part of this franchises history.  We've added words to the constitution, stars to flag, even put God in the pledge, yet I'm still just as much of an American as the people that made those decisions to do that.  You can also do what some people do and just call our basketball team the Washington Bullets anyway : )

No I've lived in Massachusetts my entire life.

I think that's kinda why the name is so important to me because the area doesn't mean anything. 

I respect your opinion on how the memories will still be there but they'll be just that memories.

I want new memories but I want them to be associated with my old ones.

It just wont be the same if the Washington warriors start winning playoff games, I can't very well explain why I feel that way I just know I do.

Archived