Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Glorious Resurrection Sunday!!!

AsburySkinsFan

Today as Christians we celebrate the resurrection of our savior Jesus, who on the cross defeated evil, in the grave proclaimed the Gospel to those in Sheol, and on Sunday rose triumphant and then commissioned His church to live in holy faithfulness as we await the return of Christ and the Resurrection so that forever we will reign with Him in the New Heaven and New Earth with God Emmanuel!!

Today as heathens we play with colorful plastic eggs, sing bunny songs, and enjoy miraculously short Walmart checkout lines as we buy season 2 of Webster.

And evidently, you also mock Christian threads about Easter Sunday............

Happy Easter everyone! Hope everyone can enjoy time with their families today.

And per a couple indignant (one frothing) PMs, I'll take this opportunity to remind that whatever one's personal choices (especially with humor) are, people here are generally free (at reasonable rule-abiding level) to jab at such things if that's their desire, whether of Christian, Islamic, Judaic, Buddhist, Sikh, Mormon, Scientologist, atheist, or related nature, if they wish.

Just as anyone is free to chide them (as you do) for such a choice. :)

It's part of the turf (or risk if you like) that most any believer of most anything takes when they enter an open and diverse pubic forum with a personal-expression of celebration/occasion/topic featuring their belief system.

And for the record, we don't have "Christian threads" here, or "Muslim threads" or "atheist threads" that mean ownership of and by that demographic. We just have threads featuring specific topics (not that they stay on-topic all that often :ols:)

Welcome to public discourse in the tailgate, everyone! :pfft:

Happy Easter to all our Christian friends and just a good ole happy weekend to anyone else! :beavisnbutthead:

Happy Easter to all our Christian friends and just a good ole happy weekend to anyone else! :beavisnbutthead:

Harumph! Some of us everyone elses are still celebrating Passover and as Glen Close said, "We will not be ignored" So beware what we crazy people might do to your Easter Bunny! :Mad:

Just kidding of course.

Harumph! Some of us everyone elses are still celebrating Passover and as Glen Close said, "We will not be ignored" So beware what we crazy people might do to your Easter Bunny! :Mad:

Just kidding of course.

In my youth, I usually associated the holiday with the emergence of "folk mass" in our Catholic parish in the 60's (I liked the musical change) as that was featured during the spring and the musicians would play out on the lawns while kids hunted for eggs and there were all these homemade chocolaty-bunny treats of candy and baked goods (always a fascinating mix of symbolism for me).

And then later in my teen years after leaving the church, I'd associate it with Jefferson Airplane/Grace slick (White Rabbit). So my tendency to sometimes relate to various matters through music isn't new to ES. :ols:

You took that to be "mockery" of your religion?

Jumbo covered the rest.

Happy Easter everyone. May your every chocolate bunny have an extra pair of ears.

The first thing I ever stole in my life was a cadburry cream egg

youd have been better off stealing a kit kat, or something flatter. but cadbury cream eggs are so awesome.

that palmers hollow bunny crap, along with any other cheap easter chocolate can just go straight in the garbage. it is the milwaukees best of chocolate.

as far as 'real' easter, i wish a happy one to my fellow christians!

Archived