Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brian Orakpo: Current most over hyped Redskin? Or as good as advertised?

Gibbs Hog Heaven

No I am not trying to be smarter than anyone else. When i am putting fans as "fans" I am reffering to people who turn on their own players at the drop of the hat. I am calling out "fans" who think it is fine to put up 100 page thread roundly trashing one of our players who is out there trying to contribute - I would not have a problem if Orakpo was a problem child or never put in the effort but he is a hard worker and generally productive. You can look back with the power of hindsight and say the franchise tag was a mistake but at the time it was a tough call.

"Fans" say we should use the draft develop our own players but when it comes to actually paying them and standing by them **** that I would rather spend the money on Donald ****ing Penn - a LT who we would have tried to switch sides and a guy who Tampa fans were frustrated by and glad to see on his way because he never was a high effort guy.

I am referring to the "fans" who think it is okay to post RGIII logos mocking his logo into a wheelchair

I am referring to the "fans" who think we should move on from our franchise QB 8 plays into a preseason game...

I am referring to the "fans" who call our rookie RT a bust after 2 plays.

I am referring to the "fans" who constantly want to blow the whole thing up and then magically expect an instant winner when the dust settles .

You have a problem with us using the tag then drafting a guy at the same position - Really - we drafted the position to build for the future it is what you do in the draft ... we then went and spent 2 picks on the OL but no one wants to consider that as addressing the position because in the "fans" oppinion if you are not a HOF player right away then you have no place on a 3-13 team.

This entire thread is an I told you so thread - and you want to really call me out for pretentding to be smarter than you ... really I think maybe there is a crisis of consciousness - I am all for doing the right thing for the team but you have to at some point support the players on that team and not constantly and I mean constantly griping about what might have been.

Yawn

I looked it up, and it was the left pec he tore back in 2012.

Doesn't matter now, imo. The Anti-Orakpo crowd has won this thread given he's not only done nothing to prove them wrong, he's hurt again.

I still liked the pick when it happened, it just didn't work. I doubt he'll come back for the deal we'll offer him based on his performance. Really sucks, man, but it is what it is.

Did someone say roster spot?

Rob+Jackson+Washington+Redskins+v+Dallas

Just kidding... at this point, bring the kid Jeffcoat up from the practice squad and see if he's worth keeping around.

I'm not. Bruce's buffoonery with our cap cost us a productive, reliable back-up if nothing else there.

I was impressed with Jeffcoat on a few plays without him doing anything substantial today, but the was always 'around' the play. Like he has a real instinct for football ya' know? If he turns out to be anything like his daddy, was a beast on that mid '90's Dallas dynasty; we'll of found a steal.

Here's hoping.

Hail.

Trent Murphy should be starting from here on in....or that's another one on the FO.

Did you watch today's game when he replaced Orakpo?  I suggest you do, dude fell over from a one hand punch from the LT.  Guys a bum so far, slow and weak.

We need a new FO....

No I am not trying to be smarter than anyone else. When i am putting fans as "fans" I am reffering to people who turn on their own players at the drop of the hat. I am calling out "fans" who think it is fine to put up 100 page thread roundly trashing one of our players who is out there trying to contribute - I would not have a problem if Orakpo was a problem child or never put in the effort but he is a hard worker and generally productive. You can look back with the power of hindsight and say the franchise tag was a mistake but at the time it was a tough call.

"Fans" say we should use the draft develop our own players but when it comes to actually paying them and standing by them **** that I would rather spend the money on Donald ****ing Penn - a LT who we would have tried to switch sides and a guy who Tampa fans were frustrated by and glad to see on his way because he never was a high effort guy.

I am referring to the "fans" who think it is okay to post RGIII logos mocking his logo into a wheelchair

I am referring to the "fans" who think we should move on from our franchise QB 8 plays into a preseason game...

I am referring to the "fans" who call our rookie RT a bust after 2 plays.

I am referring to the "fans" who constantly want to blow the whole thing up and then magically expect an instant winner when the dust settles .

You have a problem with us using the tag then drafting a guy at the same position - Really - we drafted the position to build for the future it is what you do in the draft ... we then went and spent 2 picks on the OL but no one wants to consider that as addressing the position because in the "fans" oppinion if you are not a HOF player right away then you have no place on a 3-13 team.

This entire thread is an I told you so thread - and you want to really call me out for pretentding to be smarter than you ... really I think maybe there is a crisis of consciousness - I am all for doing the right thing for the team but you have to at some point support the players on that team and not constantly and I mean constantly griping about what might have been.

calm-down.jpg

Doesn't matter now, imo. The Anti-Orakpo crowd has won this thread given he's not only done nothing to prove them wrong, he's hurt again.

I still liked the pick when it happened, it just didn't work. I doubt he'll come back for the deal we'll offer him based on his performance. Really sucks, man, but it is what it is.

He's going somewhere for cheap on a prove it deal, wouldn't mind keeping him for 3-5 million a year as long as he's motivated to play. He's not a franchise player but he's good enough to start in this league. We could do worse. And again, I want to see him under a different d coordinator who can accentuate his positives.

Ah, so there is something behind all this, making the time well spent I hope. To the victor goes the spoils. 

Well, sadly for me, I believe the bet becomes null and void through injury.

So it's just a moral victory.

Just waiting for the holder of all things bet and our deep voiced MC Mr.S to confirm.  

98Orakpo98 has got away with one darn him!

Hail.

He's going somewhere for cheap on a prove it deal, wouldn't mind keeping him for 3-5 million a year as long as he's motivated to play. He's not a franchise player but he's good enough to start in this league. We could do worse. And again, I want to see him under a different d coordinator who can accentuate his positives.

Something tells me he'll want a fresh start somewhere else for a prove it year. 

Did you watch today's game when he replaced Orakpo?  I suggest you do, dude fell over from a one hand punch from the LT.  Guys a bum so far, slow and weak.

We need a new FO....

I didn't like the Trent Murphy pick at all. He's frail.

I don't think Orakpo has been a terrible pick, and honestly, any realistic, half-intelligent fan shouldn't think that either. He hasn't been quite the beast we envisioned when we drafted him, but he hasn't been a bust. He's simply been above average to pretty good, but never top echelon. The man has given his body, mind, and soul to this team from day one. He's bled B&G. He's had some bad injury luck, and has drawn more holding calls than anybody else on the team in I have no idea how long. I like Rak.

I dont know why he keeps injuring his pecs. If it's technique, or weight training, or just bad luck. Can somebody else chime in on this?

No matter what, if he comes back at a bargain salary, or heads somewhere else, I wish him nothing but good health and luck.

Orakpo is our AJ Hawk....perhaps our Brian Cushing!?  Those guys, when they play opposite side of a beast like Clay Matthews and/or JJ Watt, they look pretty good, but they are not THE GUY on the defense and it's obvious.

When Kerrigan was drafted, it was a bad judgement on the part of our scouts who thought Orakpo was an elite rusher who just needed someone to alleviate all the attention trying to stop him.

Instead Kerrigan is pretty much Orakpo's equal, if not superior (it seems that way at least as far as play making ability goes) 

Archived