Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

On 4/27/2019 at 4:30 AM, Bacon said:

I'm about to start watching Mindhunter.

Trying to get the wife to join me in a re-watch of The Leftovers. I love that show.

I liked Mindhunter, a lot happens in VA which is cool. Didn’t really understand the ending though. The acting was good, I hope a season 2 is in the works. 

3 minutes ago, max21 said:

I liked Mindhunter, a lot happens in VA which is cool. Didn’t really understand the ending though. The acting was good, I hope a season 2 is in the works. 

I just finished it last night. It sounds like season 2 is coming in August, which I'm happy about because I definitely want more. 

• Like 1

I finished Into The Badlands' series finale last night. I tried to watch the previous ep  in real time last week (I try to support all cable shows I am interested in) but my box went haywire.

Sad to see it go. The guy that played Pilgrim is a damn good actor. Really raised the stakes with his cult of personality. He and Nick Frost really anchored Season 3.

The ending made it seem like maybe another network could potentially pick it up though. I'm holding out hope.

49 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I finished Into The Badlands' series finale last night. I tried to watch the previous ep  in real time last week (I try to support all cable shows I am interested in) but my box went haywire.

Sad to see it go. The guy that played Pilgrim is a damn good actor. Really raised the stakes with his cult of personality. He and Nick Frost really anchored Season 3.

The ending made it seem like maybe another network could potentially pick it up though. I'm holding out hope.

I somehow got a week behind. I thought I had to wait until this coming Monday for the finale. Yeah, I like Nick Frost in most things, and I like the lady that played the Widow.

I had heard rumors that the creator left the ending open, to try and possibly do movies or spin offs.

• Like 1

I have really enjoyed the first few episodes of "Dead to Me".  It is a Netflix show that was just released.  It has Christina Applegate as a mom trying to cope with having her husband killed in a hit and run.  So far, it has had a lot of good comedy, and a bunch of interesting dramatic twists.  I will probably binge the rest of it this weekend.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nerm said:

I have really enjoyed the first few episodes of "Dead to Me".  It is a Netflix show that was just released.  It has Christina Applegate as a mom trying to cope with having her husband killed in a hit and run.  So far, it has had a lot of good comedy, and a bunch of interesting dramatic twists.  I will probably binge the rest of it this weekend.

Same here.  We're 3 episodes in, really enjoying it so far.  I've always liked Applegate and she's perfect for the role.  

Kim's Convenience is the comedy we didn't know we needed.   Funny as hell!  smashed through all three seasons in a few weeks, season 4 is on the way.  We Lol'd several times each episode.  I believe it's on network television in Canada. Season 1 is 100% on Rotten.

It's about a first generation Korean family that runs a convenience store in hipster town, Toronto.  Mom and dad are very conservative and religious, son is an ex-con and daughter is a nerd.

"If you is the gay, why you can't be quiet, respectful gay....like Anderson Cooper?"  :rofl89:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Started watching The Colony. Pretty solid first season with two more on netflix. Always good to see Carl Weathers in a role and the one Dr. (I'm forgetting his name, the short one) from House is good in it. Another dystopian show right up my alley. They don't get into the alien arrival at all really but the show is set following some kind of invasion where the US is now broken into individual colony's with regional leaders.

1 hour ago, Chew said:

Kim's Convenience is the comedy we didn't know we needed.   Funny as hell!  smashed through all three seasons in a few weeks, season 4 is on the way.  We Lol'd several times each episode.  I believe it's on network television in Canada. Season 1 is 100% on Rotten.

It's about a first generation Korean family that runs a convenience store in hipster town, Toronto.  Mom and dad are very conservative and religious, son is an ex-con and daughter is a nerd.

"If you is the gay, why you can't be quiet, respectful gay....like Anderson Cooper?"  :rofl89:

Love the show, watched it with my mom when visiting my parents.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2019 at 3:14 AM, TK said:

Like crack, the first one is free :ols:

The rest can be found at 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe9DTWmhhxeKyYHL4mldGcA

So damn good.  Blitzed through it in a couple days.  Daniel gets on my nerves a little bit but the whole thing is awesome.  I'm not giving anything away but Kreese has to be one of the all time underrated bad guys in movies/tv.  

On 5/11/2019 at 4:26 PM, Nerm said:

Christina Applegate and Linda Cardellini have great chemistry. Love the dark comedy of this show.

On 5/11/2019 at 11:21 PM, Spaceman Spiff said:

So damn good.  Blitzed through it in a couple days.  Daniel gets on my nerves a little bit but the whole thing is awesome.  I'm not giving anything away but Kreese has to be one of the all time underrated bad guys in movies/tv.  

Renewed for season 3!

I agree about Kreese.

21 minutes ago, Yohan said:

Christina Applegate and Linda Cardellini have great chemistry. Love the dark comedy of this show.

Renewed for season 3!

I agree about Kreese.

Better be a season 3!  Unfortunately have to wait a year now to watch it, the last episode of season 2 was FIRE.

And the thing about Kreese is that he's such a great bad guy but he never throws a punch (unless we're counting the parking lot scene at the start of Karate Kid 2).

• Like 1

On 5/8/2019 at 6:35 PM, Bacon said:

Next show I'm watching is Russian Doll. The wife was really into it and wants someone to talk to about it. 

i just finished that last night  (i NEVER binge watch shows).   

i really liked it  :headbang:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Season 4 of "Lucifer" is available on Netflix.  Pretty good season.

Hide contents

Good ending if it ends up being a series finale, great cliffhanger if not.

Since Netflix has now picked up and did Season 4. I am pretty sure it will continue. I am on Ep. 3. I wish there were more than just 10 episodes though. 

Not a series, but it's on Netflix and i can't find the movie thread..so.

Last night i watched "Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil, and Vile".

It's about Ted Bundy, and it's not bad.. (1 hour and 45 minutes, which helps)

It skips around a bit and focuses on his relationship with one woman and on the various trials.. the final trial takes up a good chunk of the movie and is pretty much a word for word re-enactment of the real thing.

Overall i'd say it was not terribly special, but the cast gives it a nice lift. Zac Efron is very good as Bundy, he manages to pull off the charm rather well. He is very engaging. Jim Parsons as the DA is a bit tough since he can't help but sound like Sheldon, but he's OK and it doesn't detract from the movie. I always like Jon Malkovich, and he's as solid as you'd expect.

Not a bad way to spend an evening.

~Bang

• Like 2

Well, the major networks just announced their 2019-2020 schedules.

Looks, like most of my TV viewing is either CW, Streaming or Cable.

A couple of new shows that does interest me:

CBS's Evil

CW's Batwoman

I may also look at CW's Nancy Drew:

https://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/more-tv-news/fall-tv-2019-complete-night-by-night-network-schedule/

Edited by Rdskns2000