Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

18 hours ago, Yohan said:

Have you watched its parent show, Letter Kenny?

My wife and I have just watched the first episode and a few minutes into the second.

I can see a lot of similarities… but I’m not sure it’s going to make the cut. We’ve had to put on subtitles because they’re speaking some kind of weird dialect that’s mostly incomprehensible. It’s also not nearly as funny. And like most Canadian TV shows, it’s a slow burn. But it’s early, so I’ll give it about 3-4 episodes.

• Like 1

On 10/6/2023 at 10:57 PM, Chew said:

High hopes for this one🤞

I hope I like it, but I'm uncertain. I absolutely love Band of Brothers. I didn't care for The Pacific much. I get that war is hell and The Pacific was about not pulling any punches while showing it, but being a more realistic TV series didn't make it an enjoyable series.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I get Britbox and love it.

This series is fantastic, as is pretty much anything Greg Davies does.
It's about a crime scene cleaner, and the various people he meets in the doings of his job.
It's hilarious, and very clever.
The Cleaner - Rotten Tomatoes

~Bang

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 10/13/2023 at 11:01 PM, 88Comrade2000 said:

The Frasier reboot has started. Episodes 1 & 2 are available on Paramount+.

It’s alright.

Wow, they definitely copied the blue print.

Marty (cop) = His son (fire fighter)

Niles = Nile’s son (he’s a clone)

Roz = the psych department head character 

bull dog = his work colleague 

Daffney = the young girl across the hall

And they’ve replaced the elevator across the hall with the young girl with the baby.

And the new pub as the cafe Nervosa.

And the new dining table as Marty’s chair.

Its pretty blatant. 

Just missing Eddie’s replacement. The baby? 😂😂

Edited by Die Hard

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2023 at 11:30 PM, Die Hard said:

Wow, they definitely copied the blue print.

Marty (cop) = His son (fire fighter)

Niles = Nile’s son (he’s a clone)

Roz = the psych department head character 

bull dog = his work colleague 

Daffney = the young girl across the hall

And they’ve replaced the elevator across the hall with the young girl with the baby.

And the new pub as the cafe Nervosa.

And the new dining table as Marty’s chair.

Its pretty blatant. 

Just missing Eddie’s replacement. The baby? 😂😂

We watched the first two episodes and that was our assessment too. I don’t mind the blueprint all that much but the laugh track is pretty retro in an annoying way.

We’re really loving Dreaming Whilst Black. It’s sort of like Hollywood Shuffle in the UK, by a second generation Black British immigrant. Really funny and biting stuff.

7 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Finally got around to watching the Ms. Marvel miniseries. Enjoyed it more than I thought I would and now think I'll see The Marvels when it comes out in a few weeks. 

i will eventually get around to that as the person in ms marvel is intended to feature in the movie

If you liked the musical program by Daryl Hall, Live From Daryl’s House; he’s back with 6 new episodes starting Nov.1. He will have a dedicated channel on YouTube for the show and the new episodes will air weekly. Think all the past episodes will be made available also.

Edited by 88Comrade2000
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

On 10/12/2023 at 2:49 PM, NickyJ said:

After a cleansing of my mind by reading happy stories from the All Creatures Great and Small novels, I decided take up what I had been told was a solid adventure novel with Shogun by James Clavell. It's....... something.

The book is 1474 pages long. If I had a dime for every page that doesn't reference seppuku, "pillowing", or urinating, I'd have 20 dimes, and 10 of those would come from a 15 page chapter that went into detail about what everyone was doing or feeling when one of the main character's crew members was being boiled alive.

I paid $7.37 for this book, and I'm going to get my money's worth out of it. But I can't wait for it to end.

Well you'll be happy to know then that they are creating a TV series based on the book:

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 2

On 10/30/2023 at 2:47 PM, 88Comrade2000 said:

If you liked the musical program by Daryl Hall, Live From Daryl’s House; he’s back with 6 new episodes starting Nov.1. He will have a dedicated channel on YouTube for the show and the new episodes will air weekly. Think all the past episodes will be made available also. 

November 15th episode is with Robert Fripp. 🤩

6c8ed822096e8efc1aba96e701d41a23.gif

• Thumb up 1

The new Goosebumps show on disney is pretty fun. More serious and darker than the old shows but still appropriate for early teens that want something spooky. Each episode takes on an idea from one of the books such as a haunted mask or a camera that takes pics and shows terrible things getting ready to happen but they all fit into an overall story about a small town dealing with a tragedy from their past.