Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

On 1/24/2022 at 1:47 PM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

shes not redeemable. Marty can still be redeemed imo in the eyes of the audience because although he has done really ****ty horrific things, the way Bateman plays it, it just feels like **** he has to deal with or something he is responding to. Wendy loves this madness and power trip and goes out of her way to ruin people’s lives. She’s evil and I hate that smug satisfied look that’s always in her face like she is just the best thing in the world. 

she has to die. 

as for season 4…

Reveal hidden contents

It was enjoyable and very entertaining. The show has kinda jumped the shark with how easily everything always comes together. Like wow Wendy you have $150 million to spread across 5-6 state’s elections? That doesn’t go that far. You and several hundred  other people have money and influence like that, the difference is they aren’t connected to the cartel. There is no way any politician or kingmaker would choose to funnel election services through Wendy rather than an established political contact or donor. She’s been around 5 minutes in comparison. 

the ending sets up really well for an action packed finish though with Wyatt being killed and the fallout of that. 

if Ruth and Marty can make it out alive, I don’t care about anyone else. Ruth is 1A please survive and Marty is a close second. 

I also don’t like how they ripped off Breaking Bar’s time skip ahead of the final season showing a scene yet to come and now we know based on that conversation several things occur. It also dramatically lowered the stakes and tension of part 1 regarding the family since it was obvious nothing happened to them. It worked for BB because it only showed Walter buying a gun. 

it’s an entertaining show but not top shelf stuff. 

I hope they're all murdered at the end. I agree though, I hate Marty much less than I hate Wendy.

This whole "root for bad people because they're the protagonists of this story" thing in modern television is finally beginning to lose me. The Sopranos, Breaking Bad, Dexter, Ozark, etc. I'm finding it harder and harder to continue cheering for the main characters simply because they're the main characters. Bad people are bad people and Marty & Wendy Byrde are srsly horrible human beings. I can root for Ruth because she had a tough life growing up but the Byrdes were well-off and got into trouble out of greed. 

EDIT- Love the show though. 😆

Edited by Chachie
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Chachie said:

This whole "root for bad people because they're the protagonists of this story" thing in modern television is finally beginning to lose me. The Sopranos, Breaking Bad, Dexter, Ozark, etc. I'm finding it harder and harder to continue cheering for the main characters simply because they're the main characters. Bad people are bad people and Marty & Wendy Byrde are srsly horrible human beings.

well you aren’t supposed to cheer for them. At least for me, Walter crossed a point, not sure I can pinpoint exactly when, where he couldn’t be redeemed and I stopped rooting for that and instead rooted for his downfall. At that point, Jesse became the hero of the show and sympathetic figure. The same thing with Ozark and the Byrdes with Ruth becoming the Jesse figure imo. 

Mad Men was different for me because Don wasn’t off killing people, just murdering ass and every relationship in his life, with the occasional finger bang of power to really send a message. Ok, he was ****ing awful but he was a tragic figure more than either Walter or the Byrdes are. 

• Like 2

w/r/t to Ozark,    Marty / Wendy have done the equivalent of hitting BlackJack like 10 times in a row with the number of bullets they've dodged just because their adversaries conveniently act out of character or stupidly when they make mistakes. They may as well end the series by having the Eagles of Middle Earth swoop down and carry them off right as they're about to be arrested/done in.  

Then there's Darlene. 

Spoiler

KC Mob boss:  "Hmm, maybe I should go have a private chat with a crazy woman, alone, who also just happened to also shoot my sons dick off.
Yeah, No.

Its just started getting old.  So I hope they finally get theirs. Breaking Bad, while brilliant, started getting like this towards the end.   While like BB, what made the series initially interesting was its believability, when you start going down that road of incredulity, its time to end.  

Edited by DCSaints_fan
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, DCSaints_fan said:

While like BB, what made the series initially interesting was its believability, when you start going down that road of incredulity, its time to end.  

Ozark got here like halfway thru season 1 for me. I don’t think their whole ozark plan was ever believable. Or the ease at which they launder money, starting with a bait shop and run down strip club that can apparently launder hundreds of thousands of dollars to millions of dollars. It’s just entertaining and I’m a big fan of Bateman. That’s the only reason I’ve stuck with it but none of it makes any sense. 

somebody said they’ve donate $150 million to my charity. Now we can be legitimate by using our charity to buy politicians. What? And it only took one meeting where we said we have $150 million, trust me, in order to do this? 

Everything happens so easily 

Fiance and I blitzed through all three seasons of Ozark in a week so she could get caught up.  Going to get to start Season 4 tonight, I can't wait.

Not a huge spoiler but the end of season 3:

Spoiler

I totally forgot that Helen got capped.  That was ****ing awesome.

I'm not sure where this lines up for me in terms of ranking it with Breaking Bad, it's probably right below it.  I think BBs story arc and character development is overall better but that's not a slam on Ozark.  Breaking Bad for me is still #1.

• Like 3

Just finished the first half of Season 4 of Ozark.

Sort of a spoiler:

Spoiler

Either Ruth gets her head cut off or she ends up running the cartel.  There's no in between.

Team Ruth all the way here.  I don't mind the Byrdes, although Wendy and Jonah are getting old.  

Edited by Spaceman Spiff
  • Like 1

On 1/29/2022 at 6:10 PM, Spaceman Spiff said:

Just finished the first half of Season 4 of Ozark.

Sort of a spoiler:

Reveal hidden contents

Either Ruth gets her head cut off or she ends up running the cartel.  There's no in between.

Team Ruth all the way here.  I don't mind the Byrdes, although Wendy and Jonah are getting old.  

I’ve enjoyed Ozark.  But, for me, it doesn’t touch Breaking Bad or The Wire.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Peacemaker is just awesome. Really excited for the final two episodes 

I'm so friggin' entertained.  All the characters are great but I love Chase.  

I recognized Harcourt (Jessica Holland), but couldn't remember from where.  Googled and clicked on her images.  I guess she did a Maxim photoshoot. Interesting.  

Quick heads up for Peacemaker friends: there's a post-credit scene for every single episode. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Chew said:

I recognized Harcourt (Jessica Holland), but couldn't remember from where.  Googled and clicked on her images.  I guess she did a Maxim photoshoot. Interesting. 

i thought she looked familiar…I will have to check that out just to see if that refreshes my memory…

12 minutes ago, Chew said:

Quick heads up for Peacemaker friends: there's a post-credit scene for every single episode. 

the best part is that they are so meaningless. Just a short quick hilarious extension of a previous scene from the episode to reward anyone that makes it through the credits with one more laugh. 

this is easily the best thing Cena has done in Hollywood. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Peacemaker is just awesome. Really excited for the final two episodes 

Robert Patrick is the right kind of nutty for his role. The way he and Detective Song play off of each other is fantastic.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TK said:

Reacher has dropped on Amazon.

Halfway through the first one & I'm hooked. 

I’m convinced that if a young Arnold Schwarzenegger played Reacher, and delivered the exact same lines, the show would be an instant classic.  When you hear a line that’s just a little weird, imagine what I’m saying here.  You’ll see it.  

This isn’t a criticism of Alan Ritchson who I think is under rated.  It’s just that no one turned cheesy action lines into magic, like Arnold.