Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

41 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Heard the Karate Kid Youtube show is now on Netflix because Youtube Red went under.  First 2 seasons are up with the 3rd one underway I believe.  I heard it's good but haven't watched it myself yet.

It's awesome.   Watched it on YouTube and then binged most of it this weekend.  You can watch all of it in a day.  

Appropriate amounts of vintage Karate Kid cheesiness, some good fight scenes, funny stuff.  Third season comes out next year.

1 minute ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Yes, it is.

There's still 8 more episodes of Season 5 to air sometime in 2021.  Also, so far the final Season 6 has 10 episodes but there maybe a push to get that order up to 17; so Lucifer has 100 episodes.

Gotta get that syndication sweet spot.  That's still a thing, right?

Just now, PokerPacker said:

Gotta get that syndication sweet spot.  That's still a thing, right?

I guess.  Though with streaming, is syndication that big of deal anymore.

On 8/31/2020 at 7:40 PM, PokerPacker said:

The last season was run by Manny Coto.  He actually did some decent things with it. 

Rick Berman ruined the original Star Trek franchise.  Each series got worse after DS9; though Enterprise was good that final season when it got canceled.

Discovery was so so in Season 1. It got better in Season 2 but that was due to Captain Pike; who now has his own series: Strange New Worlds due in 2021 or 2022. 

Captain Picard was alright, just took too long for the story to develop.  Since Stewart is already 80; I'm only expecting one, maybe two more seasons.

There's a rumor that everything Star Trek is going to be cancelled and they will start over.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Rick Berman ruined the original Star Trek franchise.  Each series got worse after DS9; though Enterprise was good that final season when it got canceled.

Berman may have been at the helm during the downfall, but he was also at the helm during a lot of great Trek.  It had been on the air for a long time and I think fatigue was setting in.

20 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

There's a rumor that everything Star Trek is going to be cancelled and they will start over.

Too good to be true.  Just waiting for the Secret Hideout contract to end so we can finally be rid of Alex Kurtzman and declare everything he did as non-canon.

Edited by PokerPacker
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Berman may have been at the helm during the downfall, but he was also at the helm during a lot of great Trek.  It had been on the air for a long time and I think fatigue was setting in.

Too good to be true.  Just waiting for the Secret Hideout contract to end so we can finally be rid of Alex Kurtzman and declare everything he did as non-canon.

I think Strange New Worlds- Captain Pike's adventures can be good.

What they should've done when they brought Star Trek back to TV was have a show set beyond Next Generation's timeline.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I think Strange New Worlds- Captain Pike's adventures can be good.

What they should've done when they brought Star Trek back to TV was have a show set beyond Next Generation's timeline.

I agree that Star Trek should have continued into the future, but I honestly don't think it would have made much difference with Alex Kurtzman and company at the helm.  We've already seen them turn Picard's era into a dystopia.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Season 2 of Amazon's "The Boys" is here.  I think the first 3 episodes are now available and then every Friday after that, a new episode drops.

Mad when I discovered they were only having 3 episodes at first. Just wanna binge and call it a day. I'd rather they drop 3 episodes a week instead of this 1 per week bull****.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Mad when I discovered they were only having 3 episodes at first. Just wanna binge and call it a day. I'd rather they drop 3 episodes a week instead of this 1 per week bull****.

Well, they got to drag it out.

Pretty good start and as ****ed up as ever.

Supernatural’s Jensen Ackles is joining the show for Season 3.

On 9/3/2020 at 2:29 AM, PokerPacker said:

I agree that Star Trek should have continued into the future, but I honestly don't think it would have made much difference with Alex Kurtzman and company at the helm.  We've already seen them turn Picard's era into a dystopia.

It’s the same hollywood conceit that ruins every established show or book they get their hands on.  They think they can do better than what already made it great.  None of the new star treks seem to have any respect for the show at all.  They’re an entirely different creature simply wearing the skin of Star Trek.  

I wanted to like Picard but I’m just not interested in their vision of the future where everyone is petty and Picard is treated like **** by a bunch of screaming overly emotional morons.  so many angry questions...
Why is there a honor bound sword fighting elf In this show?  
Why did 7-of-9 turn into space Chuck Norris?  

Why is everyone angry all the time?

How does learning the androids have a way to annihilate all organic life, and that they were a single failed emotional plea away from using it, make them less of a threat?

Why would they go through the trouble of resurrecting Picard as an andriod, but make his body as frail as his real one?  (Seems like a dick move to me.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Destino said:

It’s the same hollywood conceit that ruins every established show or book they get their hands on.  They think they can do better than what already made it great.  None of the new star treks seem to have any respect for the show at all.  They’re an entirely different creature simply wearing the skin of Star Trek.  

I wanted to like Picard but I’m just not interested in their vision of the future where everyone is petty and Picard is treated like **** by a bunch of screaming overly emotional morons.  so many angry questions...
Why is there a honor bound sword fighting elf In this show?  
Why did 7-of-9 turn into space Chuck Norris?  

Why is everyone angry all the time?

How does learning the androids have a way to annihilate all organic life, and that they were a single failed emotional plea away from using it, make them less of a threat?

Why would they go through the trouble of resurrecting Picard as an andriod, but make his body as frail as his real one?  (Seems like a dick move to me.)

It's not just that they think they can do better, it's that they think the original was terrible and they're saving us by making it good for once.  Now with more hollywood kung-fu, beheadings, sex, drugs, murder, profanity, and cynicism.  Just like all good TV should have.  Now be thankful, nerds, and subscribe to our low-quality streaming service and buy our merchandise.

• Like 1

On 9/4/2020 at 9:56 AM, Warhead36 said:

Finshed Cobra Kai last night. Legit one of the best shows I've ever seen.

Although it was kind of stuck in obscurity on Youtube I think that's what gives it it's charm. My biggest fear is that getting a higher budget with Netflix will ruin the show.

5 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Jensen Ackles is my dawg. No way I should've loved Supernatural as much as I did. Just got current with all the seasons last week. Been watching off and on for about a year

They are filming the series finale right now.  The final 7 episodes will start airing in October.