Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

1 hour ago, Chew said:

Halfway through season two of Sick note, I like it.  It moves along really quickly, which I like. It's a quick, easy watch.  Not too deep, don't have to always pay close attention.   And I like shows with 30 minutes episodes so you don't feel stuck to the for 45 mins to an hour. 

Don Johnson is money :rofl89:

I binged that last Friday night and Saturday.  At first I was skeptical about it centering around someone who was told they have cancer and then told they didn't and went on about their life as if they actually had it.  

Once you start watching the show, you quickly realize that it's more about all the crazy ass **** that happened as a result of that initial mistake and not mocking cancer (as the initial preview I watched left me with that vibe).

• Like 1

On 12/16/2018 at 12:50 PM, Spaceman Spiff said:

That new documentary series on Netflix, The Innocent Man, is really good.  If you like Making a Murderer it's that type of show.  True crime, wrongly convicted.  Michael Crichton is part of it, his only nonfiction book he wrote is the subject material.  And the truth is stranger than fiction.

I'll have to check this one out.

Springsteen On Broadway - Started listening to it last weekend on Apple Music. Halfway through I started thinking it'd be cool to see the actual show. Found out last night it's on Netflix. :) 

TITANS season finale (11 show season) dropped today for those waiting to do the 7 day trial on the DC app to binge it. It's a darker version Titans but not Zach Snyder dark/suck. 

On 12/21/2018 at 2:06 AM, The Evil Genius said:

The Timeless 2hr movie tonight was a nice surprise. I'm just glad they got some closure on this underrated series.

I forgot it was on but I just watched it on, On Demand.  A perfect closure to the series.  Who knows, maybe one day; there will be a revival.

On 12/16/2018 at 11:11 AM, Warhead36 said:

Finished Sabrina yesterday. Very good first season although I could do without some of the teen angst crap.

Well, she is a teenager.  The Christmas episode dropped last Friday.  Season 2 airs in April and it was just given an 8 episode Season 3 and 8 episode Season 4.

Watched The Last OG on Netflix this past Friday.  Stars Tracy Morgan, Cedric The Entertainer and Tiffany Haddish.  Tracy Morgan's character goes away to prison for 15 years and then gets out and see how much the world has changed when he returns to his old neighborhood that has been gentrified.  I thought it was a pretty funny show, the best part is the episodes are only like 20-23 mins (10 total) so you can binge watch in a few hours easily. 

If you have Hulu, Marvel's The Runaways season 2 recently dropped.  I like the show, different from the typical super hero stuff.  

Finished season 6 of The Ranch.  Was bummed to see Masterson go (even though it was certainly understandable) but I like how they replaced him with Dax Shepard's character.  Still good one liners and comebacks but has depth that Rooster didn't have.  

Colt is certainly ****ing up left and right.  I could watch Sam Elliott all day on that show.

• Like 1

My daughter is home for the holidays, and put me on to two shows (both on Netflix). Schitt's Creek, a very rich family loses their fortune and live in a small town they purchased for their son as a joke some years back.

Happy! stars Chris Meloni (Elliot Stabler for Law and Order SVU or Chris Keller from Oz), an ex detective, drunk hit man. Base off a graphic novel of the same name.

Haunting of Hill House is good so far, but ultimately, I'm not getting the vibe I was expecting. While there have been quite a few moments that make your hair stand up a bit, if theres any emotion the show conveys more than anything, it's earth shattering depression and hopelessness. Not really what im going for, but I still like it. Just need to decompress afterwards.

Edited by Mr. Sinister