Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best Album of the 00's

Sticksboi05

I got that Arctic Monkeys album, it's pretty damn good. Thanks, Bang!

I'm glad I suggested they form a band and make it!

This was a harder thread than it seems,, i don't listen to many full albums these days.

Here's a couple videos off of the Arctic Monkeys album i posted

From the Ritz to the Rubble

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPoNcJlnA0I&playnext=1&list=PLF50B273A72D22478&feature=results_video

I bet you look good on the dance floor

~Bang

I'll preface this by saying I've gone primarily country, (it can happen when you get older, and newer country is funny and more real, not to say that "losing everything" country wasn't, lol)...

Thanks MLSKINS...I sometimes forget how fantastically awesome The Marshall Mathers LP is. And thanks for the vid, too...he was, and is, your sig.

Love Fiddy, too..."In Da Club" is an iconic beat! (Not to mention that from the shoulders down, he's smokin' hot. Damn!)

The Marshall Mathers LP. Had unprecedented commercial and critical success. Eminen at the height of his powers with a full record of grudges, personal stories and anger to express it. It was a huge leap forward over anything he had put out previously both musically and lyrically. Tracks had a lot of variety and depth to them as well. Not to mention the huge amount of controversy that followed the album by pretty much everyone that wasn't a fan of Eminem at the time.

That's a really lousy Top 10 though other than #1. I don't have the same music taste as the person who wrote the article at all. My personal favorites would be Tool Lateralus or something more classical rather than Mainstream Pop and Hip Hop music which i thought for the most part was commercialized trash in the 00s.

---------- Post added March-26th-2013 at 06:02 PM ----------

Someone once told me that Arcade Fire was one of the best bands of all time, so I downloaded Neon Bible. One of the worst wastes of money ever. Terrible. The person that told me that is dead to me.

I have pretty much the exact same story. Friend rec. Arcade Fire and a brief 15 minutes later and a few listens, skip throughs and needless to say i don't value his opinion on music anymore. At all.

That's a really lousy Top 10 though other than #1. I don't have the same music taste as the person who wrote the article at all. My personal favorites would be Tool Lateralus or something more classical rather than Mainstream Pop and Hip Hop music which i thought for the most part was commercialized trash in the 00s.

---------- Post added March-26th-2013 at 06:02 PM ----------

I have pretty much the exact same story. Friend rec. Arcade Fire and a brief 15 minutes later and a few listens, skip throughs and needless to say i don't value his opinion on music anymore. At all.

Says the person who disregarded Is This It and The Blueprint.

Funeral was way better than Neon Bible. And it's an incredible album.

A favorite of mine that hasn't been mentioned yet, widely overlooked because most people wrongly assume they died along with Duane a few decades ago:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZkjtvS8sCKdLBZBoDvmFptNVl3hqLN  weVZdsHcW1W5HvpDh_Clw

2 of my favorite tracks aren't on youtube, unfortunately. But:

Arctic Monkeys - Whatever You Say I Am, Thats What I Am

Another vote for Arctic Monkeys. Their second album, Favourite Worst Nightmare, is also great.

220px-Fwn_large.jpg

If I had a second vote, it would be for The Racontours, Consolers of the Lonely. Jack White doing great work, and I love a good trumpet in rock music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sORsbI8n7Ys

Also agree Morning View by Incubus is awesome.

Black Album by Jay Z, and say what you want about Kanye West now- he's a freakin space cadet- College Droput was a breathe of fresh air for hip hop.

SpeakerBoxx/The Love below double album by Outkast was pretty good too.

Can't think of many good rock albums, my favorite Red Hot Chili Peppers had pretty good albums with By The Way & Stadium Arcadium but I wouldn't call them great.

A topic like this is of course subjective to people's personal taste in music......these are my top 10, in no particular order. Of course since I listen primarily to R&B & Hip-Hop it will be geared towards those genres..

1: Outkast Speakerboxx/Love Below

2: Kanye West: Late Registration

3: Kanye West: The College Drop-Out

4: Maroon 5: Songs about Jane

5: Linkin Park: Hybrid Theory

6: Alicia Keys: Diary of Alicia Keys

7: Sean Paul: Dutty Rock

8: Pharrell: In My Mind

9: 50 Cent: Get Rich or Die Tryin

10: Justin Timberlake: Futuresex/Lovesounds

Archived