Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My Friend is Missing. Edit- Not missing anymore :(

Koolblue13

Update-There is no way to word this that makes this statement less painful. A female body was found tonight by rescue crews in the Canal in Lambertville that does match the description of Sarah. It's excruciatingly hard to say that the search for Sarah might be over but we can not abandon the family that we have created over the past 4 days and for most - over the past 16 years. This community is testament alone to the overwhelming Love that we had for Sarah, the same Love that she showed all of us day in and day out. We ask that you reflect and grieve and reach out for support if you need it. Please reserve any rhetoric outside of those lines and instead convert that energy into a positive force and send it to her family and closest friends. As involved as we feel - it is unimaginable how they feel. Thank you everyone for everything - we did this together - Stay Strong for Sarah. Rest in Piece kind soul.

Thank you everybody for the support. This was truly one of the most special people I've ever know in my entire life. Just a gentle kind soul who has helped a lot of people.

http://www.nadma.org/findsarahmajoras/

http://t.co/zRhExecG

https://www.facebook.com/findsarahmajoras

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/64218_328213610612864_93536509_n.jpg

She was walking home from the bar we worked at around 2 am Friday and made it within a couple blocks of her house and vanished. This person is about as close as anybody could be to me. We've worked together for most of a decade, she has been at every holiday party I've been to, my niece considers her a second mom. She is my little sisters heterosexual lifemate (I love that term). I was going to go home and look for her, but my sister has asked me to wait until she is found.

I don't know if making this thread will help, maybe if y'all want to repost some stuff on FB or anything, I'd appreciate it. I want my friend back and this is a heartbreaking nightmare.

Thanks guys. This is a nightmare. It doesn't seem real. Watching the news and seeing everybody you know, your home. Its hard to stand up or stop crying.

I'm usually the rock and I'm able to help everybody handle everything before breaking down myself and being so far away, not having a job, is killing me.

---------- Post added January-30th-2013 at 09:13 AM ----------

sarah.jpg

No, I haven't, but I hate feeling powerless too. It's really tough when you want, need to do something, but that there's really nothing you can do.

However, you are doing something by trying to cast a wide net so that hopefully someone will see something and report.

The entire story is bizarre. Same with the person this is happening to. I keep getting the most awful images in my head. There is a ton of bad info going around, people are blaming her boyfriend, Adam, because in 2000 his roommate Dave died falling into the river. That's terrible. My sister was one of the last people to see Dave alive and now her best friend is missing.

I want to go home and raise hell, but my sister has stood up and is being the rock for the community for me and I'm really proud of her. I talked to her yesterday and it was a soul crushing conversation. I haven't cried this much since my mom died.

I've lost a ton of people in my life, hell I lost a friend last week to heroin and my once in a lifetime dog the week before. This is so much harder.

Authorities have said Majoras was last seen in Lambertville as she presumably walked home from John and Peter’s bar in New Hope about 2 a.m. Saturday morning.

Hunterdon County Prosecutor Anthony P. Kearns III said New Jersey State Police divers searched the canal for the 39-year-old bartender, who worked at John and Peter’s. Majoras had been out with friends that night and gone to the bar. Friends say she did have drinks but they do not believe she was drunk when she left alone to walk home.

Searchers released images of Majoras from security cameras on the New Hope-Lambertville bridge. She can be seen crossing over the river and turning north on Lambert Lane in some images, officials said in a press release.

Majoras is about 5 feet 4 inches tall, about 140 pounds, has blue eyes, blonde hair and was last seen wearing blue jeans, brown leather boots, a white cap and a camouflage jacket, officials said. Anyone with information is asked to call the Lambertville Police Department at 609-397-3132.

Divers entered the canal near Coryell Street on Monday afternoon after using sonar equipment lowered from the bridge in an attempt to locate Majoras. In addition to the divers — the Somerset County Prosecutor’s Office Underwater Search and Rescue Team, the Garden State Underwater Recovery Unit and the Lambertville Rescue Squad — hundreds of area residents have been voluntarily searching the town and surrounding area.

Alexis Berends of Lambertville, who said she was a friend of Majoras’, said searchers have added areas outside the town proper, including Goat Hill, Bulls Island and beyond to Flemington.

Another friend, Christine Ramirez of New Hope, said people are searching as far as Telford in Bucks County, which is about 25 miles from Lambertville.

Berends and Ramirez both said Majoras was not the type to just wander away.

“She would not walk home alone if she was intoxicated,” Ramirez said. “She was not the type to get intoxicated and not the type to get into the car of someone she did not know.”

The prosecutor’s office, in its press release Tuesday, said a pair of eyeglasses reported to have been recovered by police near the canal do not belong to Majoras.

Authorities said they will be searching the grounds around the canal as well based upon “intelligence that has been developed.”

Detectives are still looking for any possible witnesses or private surveillance cameras that might have captured images of Majoras or depictions of what happened. Cellphone records have been reviewed and have not revealed any clues, according to officials.

“It’s a small town,” Hearn said in a written statement. “It is possible that someone saw her. Hopefully, we’ll get a phone call with some information.”

Officials said there is no evidence of foul play, but all possibilities are being investigated.

Majoras’ disappearance on her walk back to Lambertville from John & Peter’s was somewhat similar to the 2000 disappearance of David Anderson, a Bucks musician. Anderson’s body was found in the canal on the New Jersey side of the Delaware two days after he left John & Peter’s and crossed the bridge into Lambertville in the middle of the night.

John & Peter’s general manager Patty Gabriel said that Anderson performed occasionally at the club and was a friend of both Majoras and the missing woman’s boyfriend Adam Baker.

Gabriel said that Anderson had fallen into the canal.

The Hunterdon County prosecutor told the Philadelphia Inquirer that that there was nothing linking Anderson’s death and Majoras’ disappearance “other than coincidence.”

Gabriel said that the search for Majoras will resume Wednesday. Volunteers are asked to gather again between 10 and 11 a.m. in the Rago Arts Building Hallway in Lambertville. However, she said that the search will extend across the river into New Hope.

“A lot of us want to search in this area (New Hope),” she said.

---------- Post added January-30th-2013 at 10:45 AM ----------

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2013/01/28/search-for-missing-new-hope-bartender-intensifies/

Archived