Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sandy hook "hoax"?

bobbi3stix

Apparently some people in this thread are too stupid to use the internet without supervision.

What are the "legitimate points" that the video raises that you can't work out for yourself?

No-one is arguing that the media don't make clumsy mistakes in their unprofessional haste to be first with a scoop. But what are the serious questions you have about Sandy Hook that lead you to conclude it not being the work of a single, disturbed individual.

Despite sticking up for the first amendment (on both sides) in this thread, I find myself agreeing with this stance. I don't see why anyone doubts that this act was conducted by one sad individual...

Others have already stated some of the harsh things I would have, so I will add that when a guy who hasn't been here long starts playing in the tailgate so soon after arrival, particualrly in social/political topic threads, and especially in starting threads of certain "wtf" nature, I have two immediate thoughts:

1. Likely a dupe account for some tailgate warrior previously banned.

2. If not, why add any new loonies (let them remain members) when we have so many already grandfathered in.

In this case, I haven't run a serious dupe check and in reading the rest of the OPs current posting history, they seem reasonable enough. So at this point I'd consider this an aberration (loony-wise).

---------- Post added January-14th-2013 at 10:46 AM ----------

Despite sticking up for the first amendment (on both sides) in this thread, I find myself agreeing with this stance. I don't see why anyone doubts that this act was conducted by one sad individual...

Just a reminder (not addressed to Kdawg, just using his post as the vehicle to inform), some people do get confused thinking the first amendment applies here the same way it does "out there." :)

---------- Post added January-14th-2013 at 10:48 AM ----------

Apparently some people in this thread are too stupid to use the internet without supervision.

I think what you meant to say are "some people are too stupid."

Elitist.

Just a reminder (not addressed to Kdawg, just using his post as the vehicle to inform), some people do get confused thinking the first amendment applies here the same way it does "out there." :)

Oh sure. And I know that wasn't addressed to me. Just saying, I think we should be more careful to just dismiss people as morons. There was a point where anyone who said the world wasn't flat was a moron, you know? Having said that, I will reiterate, I don't think there is anything conspiracy related here. (Or for most of these obscure theories.)

For anyone who found the video credible talk me through your thinking on this point ... because web pages appear in a Google search with dates before the massacre, you are prepared to believe that numerous charities are complicit in a disgusting and secret operation to massacre 20 children in support of some unknown agenda, RATHER THAN, in their attempt to index the entire world wide web, Google software returns inaccurate results.

Or in geek-speak Google uses a whole range of techniques, including statistics, which return close, but approximate results to determine when a page was created.

---------- Post added January-14th-2013 at 01:56 PM ----------

I think we should be more careful to just dismiss people as morons.

Using this thread as a vehicle to make that point isn't helping your case. :)

Just saying, I think we should be more careful to just dismiss people as morons. There was a point where anyone who said the world wasn't flat was a moron, you know?

And even then, some people called the majority out for being morons and those are the people who helped us realize the world wasn't flat. I think the the other side of a thorny issue is people of generally recognized levels of above-average intelligence don't call out stupidity for what it is often enough. There are many valid and understandable reasons for that choice.

No-one is arguing that the media don't make clumsy mistakes in their unprofessional haste to be first with a scoop. But what are the serious questions you have about Sandy Hook that lead you to conclude it not being the work of a single, disturbed individual.

Well, I'm definitely NOT saying it wasn't the work of a single, disturbed individual. I'm not buying this video. However, I AM saying that people should watch something BEFORE they discount it. Makes your argument more legit IMO.

I think the the other side of a thorny issue is people of generally recognized levels of above-average intelligence don't call out stupidity for what it is often enough. There are many valid and understandable reasons for that choice.

Excellent point.

I have nothing else to add. No argument from me :ols:

Well, I'm definitely NOT saying it wasn't the work of a single, disturbed individual. I'm not buying this video. However, I AM saying that people should watch something BEFORE they discount it. Makes your argument more legit IMO.

Sandy Hook Hoax? Moon Landing Hoax? 9/11 Hoax? Holocaust Hoax?

I have to watch 'em all to dismiss any or all this gross stupidity? Don't be ridiculous.

There are approximately 500 zillion bullcrap videos on the Internet. It is tremendously easy to lie, twist, misconstrue issues when you make a video for a gullible audience.

If one had to watch all of these videos in their entirely in order to disregard them, one would have no time to do anything else. I wasted a huge chunk of time with nonsense like "Spare Change" before I learned that lesson.

Stuffed animals are illegal, of course, and grown men who have them should immediately be investigated.

Especially if it's found he's sheltered terrified children from a maniac.

That ****.

WTF is wrong with this country?

This guy protected them, did what he could in the face of a crisis.

And now because he's "creepy".. HE is to be hounded and investigated?

Bang,

I'm just saying it doesn't pass the smell test. The video itself is appauling to me, but they may want to keep an eye on old Gene. My team routinely prosecutes child predators... I'm not saying that this dude is one, I'm just saying that I had an alarm or two go off when I watched all of his interviews.

But the one little girl was there...sitting on the President's lap.

I am not saying to believe it. I am not convinced. But I was a little concerned with the possibilities.

It's strange.

First, let me say, I wasn't going to watch the video at all, but finally watched the first 15 min out of curiosity.

I'm not sure what the point of a conspiracy is in this case. Ok, we know that there were reports of multiple gunmen at first, but I think this is reasonable given the chaos of an incident such as this.

But, the only thing I'd like more info about is the little girl in the pic with Obama, her dad's behavior and the quick creation of the Facebook memorial page. I don't get that part. I'd like to know what's up with that. Again, I really don't see the point of a conspiracy. What is being "gained"?

That Obama staged the whole thing to help battle the gun control crowd/legislation. That's what I take the creator did it for.

Oh, ok. Guess I should have finished it.

Ill be the first to admit that in general I don't trust our government and I think some really shady things throughout history have happened or were about to, but, I don t see anyone doing something like that. That's lower than imaginable.

Still think the dads behavior and the pic is really weird

First, let me say, I wasn't going to watch the video at all, but finally watched the first 15 min out of curiosity.

I'm not sure what the point of a conspiracy is in this case. Ok, we know that there were reports of multiple gunmen at first, but I think this is reasonable given the chaos of an incident such as this.

But, the only thing I'd like more info about is the little girl in the pic with Obama, her dad's behavior and the quick creation of the Facebook memorial page. I don't get that part. I'd like to know what's up with that. Again, I really don't see the point of a conspiracy. What is being "gained"?

The conclusion is that the government manufactured the Sandy Hook hoax in order to push a gun control agenda. Seriously, that's the conclusion at the end of that piece.

As for the father smiling... I laughed a couple of times on the day my mother died. It was a sad, devastating day, the sorrow of which was broken briefly by happy memories. Someone with a video camera could have captured me with a smile on my face and offered it up as "proof" that I was experiencing something other than painful grief at the loss of my dear mother.

I didn't see the part about the girl. Misidentification probably. Incorrect listing. Something other than part of a grand conspiracy by the gubmint to take our guns away.

Sad to see conspiracy theories attached to Sandy Hook, but anytime there is a horrific tragedy that is inconceivable such as The Holocaust, 9/11, Sandy Hook, etc. there will be ridiculous conspiracy theories attached to it.

I guess it's a coping mechanism ( helps make sense out of it all) and therapeutic for some people because to think their fellow human beings can be so cruel and inflict so much pain is just too much to comprehend.

But, the only thing I'd like more info about is the little girl in the pic with Obama

It's not the same freaking girl.

For god's sake, if Obama was in on some bizarre conspiracy like this, do you REALLY think he was invite the fake little girl to come to the White House and be photographed with him. Sheesh.

her dad's behavior and the quick creation of the Facebook memorial page. I don't get that part. I'd like to know what's up with that.

There's nothing "up" with any of that unless you start from a paranoid mindset.

Oh, ok. Guess I should have finished it.

Ill be the first to admit that in general I don't trust our government and I think some really shady things throughout history have happened or were about to, but, I don t see anyone doing something like that. That's lower than imaginable.

I am perfectly willing to believe our government does some pretty low things.

But this is just stupid.

It's not the same freaking girl.

For god's sake, if Obama was in on some bizarre conspiracy like this, do you REALLY think he was invite the fake little girl to come to the White House and be photographed with him. Sheesh.

There's nothing "up" with any of that unless you start from a paranoid mindset.

Relax. I'm not saying Obama did anything. Just watching the dads demeanor didn't add up. If that was my son, there'd be a Facebook memorial for me. Also, the way the pic was shown, it looked like a family photo was photoshopped.

Again, I'm not buying a conspiracy to take our guns away (I'm 100% for gun rights), just thought that part was odd.

Don't shoot me...

Archived