Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shanahan Decision Not to Take Out RGIII

PlayAction

I am very sad today not because we lost the game but because everything I believed about RGIII and his leadership was proven wrong. Cuss me out do whatever you want but to be a leader mean making the right decisions for the team. now I understand his demeanor at the Browns game, now I understand his stubbornness. He has a lot to learn and I hope he learns he needs to understand the team is above him.

Mike on the other hand needs to explain himself. For 2.5 quarters he can't that blind to have a one legged QB in there. He can't be that stupid. Reminds me of Gibbs and his insistence in 2005 to keep Brunell in there when he was being owned.

Maybe I don't know much but I do know it takes a man and a leader to say someone might do a better job than me. RGIII tonight proved he is neither.

I'm going to agree with you on this one. RG3 should have stepped up and said, "My leg is ****ed. Let Kirk go in." However, I think his personality is to let someone else take him out cuz he doesn't want to be a wimp. In his head he must've been wondering "why the **** aren't they taking me out?"

I'm not agreeing that Shanny shoulda kept RG3 in the game, but Cousins woulda gotten murdered out there today. It was a tough call and Shanny stuck to his guns. He'll get roasted for it, as he already is on here.

However, for people to go waaaaay "over the top" with the criticism of our coach, in my opinion, is unwarranted. It's a warrior's game. He made a decision and went with it. I'm sure that Kyle had some input as well, and I imagine they felt like RG3 throwing from the pocket was the best way to go. It obviously didn't work out.

Of course, this post will be quoted several times, rehashing why Kirk shoulda been in the game, and I'm sure my opinion is in the minority. I'm proud of our guys. They fought hard. If people want to get their panties all wet over it, then have at it. I will be at the bar, toasting a great season. Thanks to the coaches and the players for bringing excitement back to our beloved team. Hail.

I thought about this for a while and I've decided that Shanahan did the right thing by letting RG3 go out there. RG3 is the leader of this team, and he was the one who led this team into the playoffs. He deserved the opportunity to lead this team for as long as he could until He (RG3) decided that he couldn't do it anymore.

Beyond ridiculous.

Could all of been so different if it wasn't for the HC's stubbornness. Captain Kirk at half time and we have a great shot at being in Atlanta.

Utterly ridiculous.

Hail.

Shame on you. Shame!

You fraught for RG3 through all of this. Now, you want to place blame? Incredible. Pure shame. I couldn't do that as a fan. You stood behind RG3 to uphold this team and he did to the best of his ability. You're giving up and I have zero respect for that.

Of course RG3 wants to play. Someone so athletic will always think he can go out there and do it. The coach has to shut him down. The Vikings shut down Ponder and the Redskins should have shut down RG3. We had a fun ride but I seriously think we, as fans, were being misled for the past three to four weeks over the seriousness of this injury. He hasn't been the same QB since the Ravens game, but with the defense stepping up, we still won games.

Obviously hindsight is 20-20, but knowing what I know now, I would have almost preferred Kirk for the last quarter of the season... Get RG3 ready for next year and get our other rookie some snaps. Who knows, maybe we still would have made the playoffs.

This thread is so stupid. Seattle is the better team. They won the game fair and square. I sincerely believe Cousins would not have fared any better.

It's not about winning/losing, it's about keeping the franchise off the field when he can barely move and can't even plant to throw. You're leaving him out against a lethal defense with no ability to escape the rush. He could've blown his knee out.

I'm for the mods suspending anyone who repays the coach who just took us on our longest winning streak in forever as well as an NFC East championship with this bull****.

Seriously. I'm all for it. Get mad at me cry babies.

You're mad too but unlike the fans lashing out at the coach, you're lashing out at other fans. Does that make you a superior fan? Shanahan made a mistake.

He said RG3 probably didn't want to come out <--not exact quote. Right after the question was asked if the coach should have pulled him out.

No one has argued that Shanahan had some street toughs threaten a reluctant RG3 when he mentioned that he wanted to come out of the game. We all assumed RG3 wanted to play. The point is that despite RG3's opinion Shanahan should have asked him to get checked out in the locker room and gone with a healthier option.

I mean to say he should be fired over this is absurd but he wil ldeservedly be chewed out by everyone this coming week. Hopefully RGIII didn't tear his ACL and we can accept this as a lesson that a top priority next season has to be keeping RGIII healthy at all costs.

By believing what his eyes are telling him is happening.

He has been hobbling for the last 3 weeks...against dallas he couldnt complete 50% of his passes...he cant plant his foot....and therefore can throw....where were your eyes the lat 2 games?

Archived