Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shanahan Decision Not to Take Out RGIII

PlayAction

Better team won today but to think leaving RG3 was a good idea is almost homerish. It was a terrible idea.

Not even close. Better team? How dude? you have a QB missing wide open receivers. You have a kid on the bench that has proven he can come in, run the PA great. You have an OL that gave your hobbled QB plenty of time to complete passes.

this lose was totally on Mike S. If he had the balls to make the right decision and play Cousins in the 2nd half we win this.

some of the things you guys are saying is just plain ridiculous. None of you know what was going on down on that field. Yes RGIII was hurt. having RGIII at 60 or 70 percent is probably still better than Cousins at 100%, none of you know that putting in cousins would win the game. some of the guys on the field were just worried about fighting the seahawks players. They got in our heads and that's that. Blaming this on shanahan or RGIII is ridiculous. Also hindsight is 20/20,

I said on facebook when we were up fourteeen zip that rg3 should be replaced not because I didnt think he was much without his run game but because he looked gimpy and couldnt protect himself.

Having said that I stop short of outright blaming shanahan for the loss because when Cousins actually got in the game, he didnt show much, so theres no guarantee the outcome wouldve been much different if hed gotten in earlier.

some of the things you guys are saying is just plain ridiculous. None of you know what was going on down on that field. Yes RGIII was hurt. having RGIII at 60 or 70 percent is probably still better than Cousins at 100%, none of you know that putting in cousins would win the game. some of the guys on the field were just worried about fighting the seahawks players. They got in our heads and that's that. Blaming this on shanahan or RGIII is ridiculous. Also hindsight is 20/20,

Dude you are new here, I just hope you are not new to watching football. Did you see the Browns game? you actually think putting a 100% healthy Cousins, with Morris running the ball, the play action will not work? Did you see how many open receivers RGIII missed? Ah forget it.

I said on facebook when we were up fourteeen zip that rg3 should be replaced not because I didnt think he was much without his run game but because he looked gimpy and couldnt protect himself.

Having said that I stop short of outright blaming shanahan for the loss because when Cousins actually got in the game, he didnt show much, so theres no guarantee the outcome wouldve been much different if hed gotten in earlier.

Very well said. No one knows how it would've went and it's not easy for a coach to bench a guy like RG3, ever, especially if he insists he doesn't want to come out.

---------- Post added January-6th-2013 at 06:08 PM ----------

JESUS, Please go reread the Game Thread, We been screaming for Robert to go out since the 2nd quarter

Yes, because fans in the Gameday Thread are so right all the time.

Hilarious.

I posted this in the official thread, but some comments from Shanny from the presser:

In post-game interview, Shanny basically admitted RGIII convinced him/pleaded with him to let him stay in. Said "let me stay in to win this ball game" and RGIII felt he "deserved" to stay in.

I would love to get a transcript of Shanny's comments because he honestly confused me about his thought process for keeping him in. Felt there was a lot of flip-flopping. But then again my bro and i were arguing over him staying in and i missed a lot lol

How can he show much when we were in passing mode 100% of the time. Are you kidding me dude? Put him in the start of the 2nd half while we are leading, totally different story.

I posted this in the official thread, but some comments from Shanny from the presser:

In post-game interview, Shanny basically admitted RGIII convinced him/pleaded with him to let him stay in. Said "let me stay in to win this ball game" and RGIII felt he "deserved" to stay in.

I would love to get a transcript of Shanny's comments because he honestly confused me about his thought process for keeping him in. Felt there was a lot of flip-flopping. But then again my bro and i were arguing over him staying in and i missed a lot lol

Oh that makes me feel better. A rookie QB convinces a 2 time SB coach to let him play when everyone and their mother see he can hardly walk...oh btw running makes him what he is.....to pathetic

Man everyone needs to be calm. Yes maybe shanny should have taken him out but he didn't. Rg3s a warrior I love that about him. It is what it is. We ha a great season. I'm upset too but hey we are 10-6 in griffins first year. Now, let's look to the future. Also, why did we stop running the ball after it was 14-0? I love Kyle but I was clueless there.

Also griffin begged shanny to play, you know he did. Shanny getting this hate is going to hurt his and griffins relationship IMO.

Which makes even more sense to put him in. If you're going to lose either way, then better to keep RG3 safe and bench him.

I thought about this for a while and I've decided that Shanahan did the right thing by letting RG3 go out there. RG3 is the leader of this team, and he was the one who led this team into the playoffs. He deserved the opportunity to lead this team for as long as he could until He (RG3) decided that he couldn't do it anymore.

100% wrong. We do not have a 1st round pick this year or next. It was obvious RG3 could not protect himself. It was the head coach's responsibility to protect our franchise QB. He utterly failed.

Let the blame game begin. We got beat by a good team. Shanny thought RG3 gave us the best chance to win. Deal with it.

I'm with Shanny. Many will say (justly) that we shouldn't have risked our future even if we were gonna lose anyway. To those people, I say "Paloffs is now."

If Robert Griffin III wants to play, let him play. He's our guy. Paloffs is now.

No one has argued that Shanahan had some street toughs threaten a reluctant RG3 when he mentioned that he wanted to come out of the game. We all assumed RG3 wanted to play. The point is that despite RG3's opinion Shanahan should have asked him to get checked out in the locker room and gone with a healthier option.

RG3 did go into that x-ray box and was on the field after that. Rich Isen just said while watching the game he did see that RG3 was hurt but not once he thought he should have been pulled. And the other 3 on the panel agreed. And were on RG3 side for staying in. So guess I am just a little level headed and much more calm than some here.

I am proud of this team too,I think a healthy Rg3 gives us the best chance to win,Even 75% but when you leave him in when he cant even roll out that is terrible coaching. Youve got to put Cousins in for the 2nd half. I dont know if we would have won if the move was made but we would have had a better chance.Cant leave RG in , In that situation. No matter if he doesnt want to come out or not. Tonite is the very reason we have to hold on to Kirk Cousins PERIOD!HTTR!

Shanny clearly bought into the magic that was RGIII. Unfortunately, we found out he was human. In retrospect, EVERYONE agrees RGIII should have been taken out. He wasn't, and just as clearly in retrospect it was a bad decision by the coach. Sucks to be a Redskins fan right now, but such is life.

Archived