Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shanahan Decision Not to Take Out RGIII

PlayAction

On top of this, the QB sweep was absolutely retarded. Here's an idea, how about a stretch with Alfred Morris instead? You know, that guy that got us 200 yds and 3 TDs last week? That knee brace was falling off a lot too, what the hell??? It came off on the play he popped his knee. Playcalling was frustrating today.

No, Shanahan clearly knew something the rest of us didn't. To us, it looked like RG3 was hobbled and couldn't throw properly. We're just too plebeian to know what was really going on.

That could be true. We are, after all, just a bunch of mouth breathing football fans. I wouldn't trust us. :ols:

Shanahan ****ed up. Simple as that. It was beyond obvious the RG3 just couldn't play through it anymore. I'm not mad at Robert for playing through it. That's what leaders do. I'm mad at the people who are in charge who let him. It was a gut decision. It proved wrong in the end.

It just sucks that instead of being happy that the future looks bright, we'll be wondering if we can trust the coaching staff instead.

You're mad too but unlike the fans lashing out at the coach, you're lashing out at other fans. Does that make you a superior fan? Shanahan made a mistake.

Yes, I'm angry that the same damn fools who whine and cry after every loss are doing the same now and finding a new thing to justify it with.

So, yeah, you're right but incredibly wrong. Which isn't surprising. You're one of those same posters, lol.

It's ok, have fun crying it out with the rest. Should be a good session for you guys.

I am proud of this team too,I think a healthy Rg3 gives us the best chance to win,Even 75% but when you leave him in when he cant even roll out that is terrible coaching. Youve got to put Cousins in for the 2nd half. I dont know if we would have won if the move was made but we would have had a better chance.Cant leave RG in , In that situation. No matter if he doesnt want to come out or not. Tonite is the very reason we have to hold on to Kirk Cousins PERIOD!HTTR!

lets see.. he cant run & he cant throw...

but he says he can play! go get em champ!

:rolleyes:

this is not a hindsight situation. his performance, after getting banged up, was MUCH different than the previous..

check the stats.. i cant recall a single completed pass..

even the cameraman could see that griff needed to sit: (pan to cousins) *cough*

Shame on you. Shame!

You fraught for RG3 through all of this. Now, you want to place blame? Incredible. Pure shame. I couldn't do that as a fan. You stood behind RG3 to uphold this team and he did to the best of his ability. You're giving up and I have zero respect for that.

Its not giving up!!! Most fans agree he should have played! I think some think myself included that when he re injured the knee is when he should have been pulled. He couldn't put his right foot on the ground after throwing. Who gave us the best chance to win after the re injuring I don't know but you have to think of the health of your franchise QB.

Shame on you. Shame!

You fraught for RG3 through all of this. Now, you want to place blame? Incredible. Pure shame. I couldn't do that as a fan. You stood behind RG3 to uphold this team and he did to the best of his ability. You're giving up and I have zero respect for that.

Dude if you are a fan of "just" RGIII then I can understand your post. If you are a fan of the Washington Redskins then you know this kid should have come out at half time AT THE LATEST.

I come here a lot just to read since I'm a life long Skins fan but this topic caused me to post. I just think that it was so blatantly obvious that Griffin wasn't the same after the re-injury that we'd be fools not to question why Mike didn't go to Cousins. And I'm not talking about his running ability. I think RG3 can throw just as well as run if not better. But come on he was not throwing well at all. Mike deserves some heat about his decision to leave RG3 in plain and simple.

I want to know how serious RGIII's injury has been the past several weeks. He was bad and clearly injured versus Dallas too.

In hindsight it looks pretty irresponsible to have let him come back from such a serious injury so quickly. We wanted the playoffs bad though and we kept winning. Too much incentive to keep playing him. But it is not going to look good for James Andrews's reputation that he signed off on it.

Shame on you. Shame!

Giving up on what? And shame on what?

The HC, by his own admission in the presser, could see the QB was suffering and not the same player. And I should be ashamed for justifiably criticizing him for that decision to leave him in?

Man this place has gone nuts. There's no middle ground. Your either ubber homer who accepts everything, or you should be ashamed if you dare question anything.

Hail.

Finally, Shanny is answering the Andrews question in his presser. He stands by what he said earlier, that Andrews said "He's OK," but Shanahan claims that Andrews based that decision just on seeing Griffin run on the sideline; Andrews never examined him.

Finally, Shanny is answering the Andrews question in his presser. He stands by what he said earlier, that Andrews said "He's OK," but Shanahan claims that Andrews based that decision just on seeing Griffin run on the sideline; Andrews never examined him.

dont believe anything the coach says on these matters

he is not telling the whole story

He has been hobbling for the last 3 weeks...against dallas he couldnt complete 50% of his passes...he cant plant his foot....and therefore can throw....where were your eyes the lat 2 games?

He injured again during this game and it was painfully obvious. My eyes saw it happen. The nice folks at Fox replayed it again and again for everyone to see. After doing so he was unable to do anything and even started exhibiting bad body language and seemed to mentally be slower than he was physically.

Then again my eyes might have been lying. They don't usually do that when I'm sober though.

Archived