Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shanahan Decision Not to Take Out RGIII

PlayAction

Basically all of you are saying that RG3 is worthless if he can't run. His rep is that he's a passing QB that is capable of running, as opposed to a guy like Vick. No it wasn't pretty, but where's the Willis Reed vibe? A couple of catches here in there and better field position, a seahawk lineman tackling Morris with his ass and this game could be different.

Since obviously you don't appear to have watched the game let me fill you in. RGIII was unable to even plant his foot to throw the ball basically eliminating his passing capability. This was readily apparent in the 2d quarter to everyone but Shanahan.

Let the blame game begin. We got beat by a good team. Shanny thought RG3 gave us the best chance to win. Deal with it.

The Redskins beat themselves. Shanahan was the only one who thought we had a better chance with RG3 than Cousins. You don't go up 0-14 and then lose 24-14. That's bad coaching right there.

And it begins. Just thinking of what is going to happen on here has be so depressed.

This is going to be an UGLY off-season on ES after an amazingly awesome season.

Ugly how? For once we end a season knowing we have a framework for the future. But this offense has to be edited to keep RGIII healthy. He has to change his philosophy and realize sometimes it;s okay to throw the ball away. We can't go into every postseason with RGIII at 60%.

RG3 is still awesome when he can't run, but I don't think you understand the severity of his knee injury after the 1st quarter, and how it impacted the planting of his foot to begin his throwing motion...if you're planting knee is crippled, your power and accuracy will suffer because you'll overcompensate with your arm and shoulder muscles to put power on the ball.

Let the blame game begin. We got beat by a good team. Shanny thought RG3 gave us the best chance to win. Deal with it.

This is not about winning or losing. This is about our HC taking a risk on a player that we gave a lot for. He is our franchise QB, a leader, a best player, and a guy for we gave pretty much every valuable pick for the next two drafts. He is too valuable for us to gamble on his health. He is the biggest reason why we got to the playoffs.

RG3 is still awesome when he can't run, but I don't think you understand the severity of his knee injury after the 1st quarter, and how it impacted the planting of his foot to begin his throwing motion...if you're planting knee is crippled, your power and accuracy will suffer because you'll overcompensate with your arm and shoulder muscles to put power on the ball.

Exactly. It was over after that out of bounds injury.

Ugly how? For once we end a season knowing we have a framework for the future. But this offense has to be edited to keep RGIII healthy. He has to change his philosophy and realize sometimes it;s okay to throw the ball away. We can't go into every postseason with RGIII at 60%.

Just wait.

There is going to be a civil war on if MS should have taken out RG3 when up 14-0.

It is going to be ugly. Very ugly. Crazy folks are going to call for MS to be fired.

I'm for the mods suspending anyone who repays the coach who just took us on our longest winning streak in forever as well as an NFC East championship with this bull****.

Seriously. I'm all for it. Get mad at me cry babies.

Basically all of you are saying that RG3 is worthless if he can't run. His rep is that he's a passing QB that is capable of running, as opposed to a guy like Vick. No it wasn't pretty, but where's the Willis Reed vibe? A couple of catches here in there and better field position, a seahawk lineman tackling Morris with his ass and this game could be different.

It's more than that. It's one thing to play hurt, but RG3 was INJURED.

Sorry but your entire argument is ridiculous. He couldn't pass to save his life under the injury and that's why he should have been pulled. Shanahan **** the bed today and he deserves every damn bit of grief he gets for it.

No. RGIII couldn't throw either because of his leg. He was very inaccurate and a complete non-factor. If he had been at least been able to throw the ball that would have been one thing, but he was high on every throw and either behind the reciever or ahead of the reciever. He could not put a ball on the reciever at any time after he reinjured his leg. So you put a guy in that can at least do that.

Sorry but your entire argument is ridiculous. He couldn't pass to save his life under the injury and that's why he should have been pulled. Shanahan **** the bed today and he deserves every damn bit of grief he gets for it.

First they arent great second rg3 was so injured he couldnt throw

I was talking about taking him out at the half with my dad, but that run that he had to limp to the sideline should have been the sign. He couldn't move, and couldn't throw. Anyone could see he was at 20% or less. I'm not saying Cousins would have won it, just that RGIII's health is bigger then this game.

And the only one who should be praying on the sideline is Shanahan...

I'm for the mods suspending anyone who repays the coach who just took us on our longest winning streak in forever as well as an NFC East championship with this bull****.

Seriously. I'm all for it. Get mad at me cry babies.

Why don't you just send us all a private message weekly with what our opinions are allowed to be this week? In case I was unclear I think your opinion is crap. I'm not asking or Shanahan to be fired but his coaching decisions today deserve to be second guessed .

While you are correct that RG3 is a passer first, even a passing quarterback needs healthy legs to deliver the ball effectively.

Archived