Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It was obvious that RGIII isn't at Full Speed. Probably won't be against Dallas.

sharkproof

Because Dallas like Washington has a legit offense.

Both of our defenses are in shambles and decimated by injuries. We have 7 defensive starters out on I.R. and others that are missing.

Dallas, like Washington can get hot or just plain stink it up. We beat decent Pittsburgh and Cincy teams. New Orleans is not the same team that they were a few weeks ago. It was a toss up.

The question becomes, Can Dallas sustain drives and score points before the 4th quarter? Can we stop RG3 from throwing 300 yards across the middle of our poor defense.

Either way, I can't wait!

I worry about our defense's capability to contain Romo sits to pee et al more than I like to admit. Bryant is a beast. But Dallas's offense can come unglued at any time. And with 80000+ screaming Redskins fans, it might be next Sunday. That December curse, imho, still hangs 'round Romo sits to pee's neck.

If RGIII is anywhere close to where he was before Haloti Ngata's hit, especially if DWare is out, he's going to have a ginormous game. And don't forget Alfred.

Everyone is picking the Cowboys to beat us because of Dez Bryant. I dont see us stopping him and RG3 will have to be at his best for us to have a chance to win. Either way, this season has been a tremendous success. We are gonna be a good team for the next 10 years.

Definitely some rust but, beautiful pass to Moss. Too many passes are a tad high... one was tipped for a pick. But he coudln't really turn the edge and his explosiveness after he takes off was greatly diminished. He was smart in getting out of bounds but the former RG would have turned a few corners and picked up substantially more yds. Still was mobile, but how will this affect how Dallas prepares for us. I don't see RG being 100 percent next week.

Yeah, the high passes were alarming. We gotta hope he's closer to 100% by Sunday.

I honestly don't remember him throwing high that much besides the INT (which I still feel should have been caught). Can someone give me any other instances?

And I am pretty sure the scaled the runs back purposely so can we stop freaking out about that? I've seen like 4 ppl say that he went to Kyle and told him to stop calling read option plays...Anyone actually have prove of that?

That Donjoy brace RG3 was wearing restricts movement and will slow anyone down. What we saw yesterday was due to the brace more so than his knee health.

I have torn my collateral ligaments and was in a cast for 4 weeks. No surgery. However it was a Grade 1+ verging on a 2. After the cast came off which they had to change twice to to atrophy in the calf and quad/hamstring muscle the leg was really stiff due to the lack of movement it had been placed in. Breaking up the adhesions was painful to say the least. Later in life I sprained the left knee collateral ligs... Snowboarding. wore the exact same brace as RG had on. It's some what limiting, but not as much as you think. I played two man sand volley ball with it many times and it was more irritating due to sand getting inside the brace than limiting. I could still move laterally well and had good hops still able to spike easily. However my movement post the injury was pretty much exactly what I saw from RG yesterday. There was a reason that he sat on the bench between series vs being on the sidelines. It wasn't the brace...He knee took a brutal blow two weeks ago and many here seem to think that it's something that is easily recovered from. It's not. The fact that he appeared to be icing it on the sidelines tells me there is more to it than most here want to acknowledge. As I posted earlier the braces can be cumbersome to a degree and somewhat limiting, but that's not what I saw. Most of what I experienced on the second one was the pain/paranoia from the fact that the joint didn't feel as stable or strong. I guarantee that is what RG feels. Fast forward to today and that old injury has morphed into my fibula and tibula dislocating at times while playing sand volleyball. It happens when I'm in a deep knee bend at a bad angle. It's beyond painful, and my teamate has to pull the leg straight and you can actually see and hear my shin bone move back toward the center. It's gross and the pain lasts for about ten minutes and i can actually resume playing, however it appears to have worsened over the last year where it's sliding around alot when I turn my hips with feet planted. Looks like I'm going to be slated now for another surgery. The collateral lig damage put stress on my MCL and now it's jacked up. Yeah I could probably go through life with no surgery and a slightly loose knee joint, but I want to continue to play sand volleyball so under the knife I will go. The point of this is what started out as a minor strain morphed into something bigger, and I'm not going nearly as hard on it as RG does. That is why I've had problems reading about how he should just kill the brace, buckle up his chin strap and run his azz off. Or that this isn't really that big of a deal.

---------- Post added December-24th-2012 at 10:12 AM ----------

I can understand your reasoning, but consider this:

It seems one of two things happened when he pulled up on that sideline move.

1. RGIII dialed it back cautiously because it wasn't a game critical down & distance

2. RGIII felt discomfort/pain as he began the edge cut/corner explosion that defenders seem helpless to defend

Of those two scenarios, it seems to me that the second is a more likely explanation. When someone is reacting at the speed that RGIII plays with I would guess physical responses trump strategic/cerebral responses every time.:2cents:

Completely agree. RG is in tune with his body and knew that he needed to lay off the throttle.

I honestly don't remember him throwing high that much besides the INT (which I still feel should have been caught). Can someone give me any other instances?

Yeah I don't think there were that many of them. The only other one that sticks out off the top of my head was the deep out to Garcon where he had to make a (really nice) leaping grab.

I think the shackles (knee brace) come off next week and RG3 will damage the hearts of the Cowboys. We will win the division. It will be loud and crazy at Fedex.

This, i expect him to not be wearing a brace this week unless the knee injury is way worse then is being reported.

Everyone is picking the Cowboys to beat us because of Dez Bryant. I dont see us stopping him and RG3 will have to be at his best for us to have a chance to win. Either way, this season has been a tremendous success. We are gonna be a good team for the next 10 years.

Who has picked Dallas? Everything I've seen has been all Washington thus far.

IMO, it's pretty much a toss up pick em' game.

ESPN 980 ‏@ESPNRadio980

Mike Shanahan says RG3 is "full speed, ready to go." Said they had a plan to have more QB keeps than runs

Hmm... He didn't look full speed yesterday when he was running... Hopefully he looks more like himself (when running/moving) against Dallas!

Hmm... He didn't look full speed yesterday when he was running... Hopefully he looks more like himself (when running/moving) against Dallas!

Well that was because of the brace. I guarantee that with another week to rest, and heal that knee up, he'll have the brace OFF against Dallas and we'll see alot more Pistol.

Well that was because of the brace. I guarantee that with another week to rest, and heal that knee up, he'll have the brace OFF against Dallas and we'll see alot more Pistol.

Exactly. I think the brace comes off this week. At least I hope. We may need that extra dimension he brings with his legs

The Saints defense is a joke! Way worse then ours and no way Dez has that performance at Fed Ex. Piss on the entire Cowboys bandwagon! After we throttle them Sunday Night, all those idiots will have the entire off season to realize their Cowboys don't own this division!

Watching the game again it looks like RG3 was just being extra cautious more than anything and not putting extra pressure on it than necessary. For instance, on the option play you can clearly see he explodes off to the right when he sees the linemen crashing down on Morris, but as he's heading to the sideline just lets up. At first glance, you'd think he might have strained it again on the way to the sideline and that's why he let up, but then there were numerous times in the pocket where he escaped pressure by being explosive.

So either he did feel something in his knee on that run but it felt better again as the game progressed, or he was just being extra cautious and would rather not risk running full speed towards the sideline.

Total hunch of mine, based on no facts whatsoever:

* Griffin continues to rehab his knee all week and get daily treatments (massages, ice packs, stretching, whatever else the trainers prescribe, etc.)

* Griffin gets a pre-game cortisone injection for the Dallas game to numb any pain he might feel in the knee

* Griffin goes without a brace against Dallas

* The play-calling against Dallas is designed to minimize designed runs for Griffin, but they're still there if necessary

BEAT DALLAS

Tony Dungey picked Dallas and the consensus of the NFL Network analysts are picking Dallas

I don't know what you're watching....Irving, Deion, Faulk, Billick, Sharper, and Sean O' Hara have all said the Redskins have the advantage. This isn't even counting people from other networks like Bradshaw, Damien Woody, Merril Hoge, Chris Carter, Tom Jackson, Mike Ditka, Jimmy Johnson who have all picked Washington to win the divison.

Watching the game again it looks like RG3 was just being extra cautious more than anything and not putting extra pressure on it than necessary. For instance, on the option play you can clearly see he explodes off to the right when he sees the linemen crashing down on Morris, but as he's heading to the sideline just lets up. At first glance, you'd think he might have strained it again on the way to the sideline and that's why he let up, but then there were numerous times in the pocket where he escaped pressure by being explosive.

So either he did feel something in his knee on that run but it felt better again as the game progressed, or he was just being extra cautious and would rather not risk running full speed towards the sideline.

Yep, I agree. Doc Walker on inside the locker room made the same EXACT observation today.

---------- Post added December-24th-2012 at 10:49 PM ----------

All 2 times? Hahaha. We didn't even get a good base line for what he would have looked like if he A) Pushed it or B) Didn't have a brace. The game plan was designed around resting it one more week to let him have full un-braced range next week against Dallas in my opinion.

In his post game press conference he said that he saw he wasn't going to get around the corner and "took the liberty" of strolling to the sideline. He could be lying, I suppose, but that's sure what it looked like to me, and he didn't seem to have any trouble moving to avoid the rush when he had to.

I also believe he said something about having his runs limited to protect the knee, which wouldn't surprise me either.

I don't know what you're watching....Irving, Deion, Faulk, Billick, Sharper, and Sean O' Hara have all said the Redskins have the advantage. This isn't even counting people from other networks like Bradshaw, Damien Woody, Merril Hoge, Chris Carter, Tom Jackson, Mike Ditka, Jimmy Johnson who have all picked Washington to win the divison.

Yeah. In one of their wrap-up shows, I saw the host throw it over to Michael Irvin with something like "tell us how Dallas is going to win", and Irvin pretty much sputtered. It was pretty funny, actually. :ols:

Archived