Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It was obvious that RGIII isn't at Full Speed. Probably won't be against Dallas.

sharkproof

I think its hard to know how bad he still is.

Maybe he was just being cautious when moving on it. Maybe the brace was fitted in such a manner to prevent full movement.

Either way, I think when he's playing all bets are off. RG3 will go on adrenaline alone. He doesn't appear the type who wants to die wondering. This kids 100% all in.

It obvious to me what to do. If he is limited, Dallas wont buy his run threat, and key on Morris. That appeared to be what happened today.

In that situation, Kyle has to call passes on 1st down, or "obvious" run downs. Its so simple.

We came out in the 2nd half and threw a nice deep sideline to Garcon on 1st down. And Morris ran all over them.

Its like we have 4 playbooks. The Kyle Cousins bootleg, The RG3 Baylor Experience, The Denver Shanahan, and finally yesterday, the RG3 Limited Express.

But I think we may have been sandbagging RG3, asked him not to call his own number, limited his runs, just to play it safe.

The only thing bothering me was seeing him pull up as he was galloping out of of bounds.

The first half of that scramble to the sideline, that brace didnt seem to hinder him at all.

Maybe he was just playing it smart, and didn't bother to try to turn the corner, and pulled up because why run faster than he had too?

It wasn't a mission critical situation. We may have just been seeing him evolving into being a smarter runner, one play at a time.

I'm not sure why fans are/were puzzled by RG3 being hobbled or noticeably slowed yesterday. Have we already forgotten how his leg was whipsawed? With that said our offense still matches up incredibly well vs Dallas. They still don't have what I consider a formidable pass rush & their most notable pass rusher was completely neutralized by Trent on the Thanksgiving game. Bring it Cowgirls.

The Dallas O may be hot but our D will somehow make a play. And the Cowgirls defense is wretched. Their weakness is our strength which is the middle of the field. Bree's lit them up on crossing routes all day, we will be doing the same thing. We're going to score 35+ again.

The first half of that scramble to the sideline, that brace didnt seem to hinder him at all.

Maybe he was just playing it smart, and didn't bother to try to turn the corner, and pulled up because why run faster than he had too?

It wasn't a mission critical situation. We may have just been seeing him evolving into being a smarter runner, one play at a time.

I can understand your reasoning, but consider this:

It seems one of two things happened when he pulled up on that sideline move.

1. RGIII dialed it back cautiously because it wasn't a game critical down & distance

2. RGIII felt discomfort/pain as he began the edge cut/corner explosion that defenders seem helpless to defend

Of those two scenarios, it seems to me that the second is a more likely explanation. When someone is reacting at the speed that RGIII plays with I would guess physical responses trump strategic/cerebral responses every time.:2cents:

we can win this game with Dallas, in fact the Redskins will. Did I miss something, but on what planet is Dallas this great team that everyone in the media is talking about, they couldn't win a must win game at home. I heard a question today on NFLN, how in the world can the Redskins beat the Cowboys, RG3 will be fine and he will destroy the Cowboys just like he did on Thanksgiving when no one gave us a chance

Robert didn't look like his old self today that's for sure. I hope he is good to go next week. 3 weeks will hopefully do it. We need him to be all worldly next week.

Agreed, anyone who thinks otherwise must not have been watching him play...

But to the Eagles credit, they played him (contained) in both games. The game against Dallas will come down to everyone playing balls out. Our receivers catching everything thrown their way, our defense containing Tony Romo sits to pee.

we can win this game with Dallas, in fact the Redskins will. Did I miss something, but on what planet is Dallas this great team that everyone in the media is talking about, they couldn't win a must win game at home. I heard a question today on NFLN, how in the world can the Redskins beat the Cowboys, RG3 will be fine and he will destroy the Cowboys just like he did on Thanksgiving when no one gave us a chance

Because Dallas like Washington has a legit offense.

Both of our defenses are in shambles and decimated by injuries. We have 7 defensive starters out on I.R. and others that are missing.

Dallas, like Washington can get hot or just plain stink it up. We beat decent Pittsburgh and Cincy teams. New Orleans is not the same team that they were a few weeks ago. It was a toss up.

The question becomes, Can Dallas sustain drives and score points before the 4th quarter? Can we stop RG3 from throwing 300 yards across the middle of our poor defense.

Either way, I can't wait!

I think it was by design to not let him run around, icing his knee on sideline was just precaution. Rest easy my fellow Skins, our boy will be under the Big Lights in front of the world come Sunday night and we all know he likes to shine when the lights turn on. We will win this game and Fedex will be the loudest its been probably EVER!!!! (what I would do to be in attendance) I attended the first game against philly, sat in the club zone and missed the entire game because I couldn't hold my damn liquor. Yes I slept through the entire game and only remember being woken by my friends saying "its time to go" and I'm like "WTF".. Still upset over that one...

HTTR!!!

RG3 off day = 102.4 QB rating.

I will take it.

Yes, the game was close at the end. Very close. But honestly, IMO we were a fluke INT away from it also being a blowout. If that ball doesn't get tipped wildly into the air, I think we win comfortably and RG3's numbers are even more impressive.

I think next week you will see an explosive RG3 back on the field. I am not worried.

RG3 off day = 102.4 QB rating.

I will take it.

Yes, the game was close at the end. Very close. But honestly, IMO we were a fluke INT away from it also being a blowout. If that ball doesn't get tipped wildly into the air, I think we win comfortably and RG3's numbers are even more impressive.

I think next week you will see an explosive RG3 back on the field. I am not worried.

this. we were up two TD's in the 4th quarter and were driving to make it a 3 possession game before that INT happened. That game could have easily been a blowout if Morgan makes that grab

I would answer the question for the pundits on ESPN by saying,the Skins can beat them the same way they beat them 4 weeks ago.For them to even say that makes no sense.Will the Skins win,don't know for sure.I am cautiously optimistic at this point.

Archived