Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Rob Parker on RG3 comments: “I blew it and I’m sincerely sorry”

flexxskins

If he is truly sorry, and it sounds like he is, he should be forgiven

Swallowing your pride in front of millions isn't easy. We all say very stupid, wrong things in our lifetimes. Most of us never apologize for them

Agreed. There are already too many things people are unwilling to forgive. No need to grow the list to include dumb statements of little importance.

Swallowing your pride in front of millions isn't easy. We all say very stupid, wrong things in our lifetimes. Most of us never apologize for them

Sorry, his comments the day after, after a nights sleep and all... were very smart-ass. Things like "haha, see you on first take tomorrow". I really doubt he had some sincere revelation that he was wrong.

Sure we all say stupid things, and we don't all belong on national TV. He can have a blog now.

People need to relax. I seriously doubt Robert Griffin lost any sleep over this.

Yea I don't think he did either. I do think too many people acted 'offended' (honestly it was a lot of white people being 'offended', politically correct and all that). The point is, it's just a stupid pointless thing to bring up on a show like that. Stupidity is enough to lose your job, too.

When I saw the video link I did not take him serious. He need to take a look at himself in a mirror. he fell for the bait and hook. Kobe was asked if Carmelo is a MVP. He said what! next question. that is a stupid question. Rob should have said next question and looked at the reporter like is will talk to him outside.

He is a liar. What a fake, weak apology. On his twitter page, you can see that he re-tweeted people who agreed with him...

https://twitter.com/RobParkerESPN

Rob, you want to "tackle difficult, important topics"?? Hahaha b**** your dumb*** can not even form one complete thought. You're not Malcolm X, so leave controversial racial thoughts to the professionals.

Well, nice of him to realize.....after a suspension.....that maybe his comments were uneducated and silly. But, the person he owes the apology to is rgiii. Instead of holding up this young man for "getting it" both on and off field.....he chose the low road in questioning some preconceived notion of blackness.

As far as I am concerned, both him and skip clueless are never worth listening to......

Thankfully, Jesus can forgive the repentent person, but I take exception to the a hole that derides another person and is only contrite when they are held accountable.

A bully being punished a week later does not forgive their transgressions.

How about this Rob Parker?

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character." What do you think Reverend King would think of your judgement of Robert Griffith because of the color of his skin?

Shame on you sir, shame on you. You should have condemned the people that question if he is "brother" enough.

:helmet: The Rook

I agree, if he's really sorry then he deserves a second chance, as does everyone.

However, the part about "swallowing your pride in front of millions isn't easy," is wrong. It's VERY easy when it affects your cushy television job and keeps you getting a pay check. Saying, "I'm sorry. I was wrong," is cake.

I like to give people second chances, but I have a hard time believing this is about truly understanding what was wrong versus that he's in hot water. This type of stuff is in his DNA. During Detroit's 0-16 year, 2008, he asked the Detroit coach Rod Marinelli if he wishes his daughter had married a better defensive coordinator. Detroit's DC was the Marinelli's son-in-law. Apparently Terry Bradshaw took him to task.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3787809

Yea I don't think he did either. I do think too many people acted 'offended' (honestly it was a lot of white people being 'offended', politically correct and all that). The point is, it's just a stupid pointless thing to bring up on a show like that. Stupidity is enough to lose your job, too.

Yeah, those darn white people, getting offended and stuff.

I agree, if he's really sorry then he deserves a second chance, as does everyone.

However, the part about "swallowing your pride in front of millions isn't easy," is wrong. It's VERY easy when it affects your cushy television job and keeps you getting a pay check. Saying, "I'm sorry. I was wrong," is cake.

Second chance? Dude was already busted for lying about Cousins in college. This WAS his second chance. He loses.

I don't understand what the heck he means by "down with the cause"? What cause? And how the heck is Rob Parker any more "down" than RG3?

I'm sorry, but if this was a "white guy" on ESPN making fun of a white athlete because he was engaged to a black lady, then this thing would be getting MUCH more attention. His comments were ignorant, his apology is forced and flimsy. I'm ready to move on and stop giving this clown attention.

Judging by his last weeks performance, I question if he is educated enough to write up such a paragraph. Screw the suspension, I say he needs to get fired. That's when I'll forgive him, he's in the wrong line of business. Needs to go somewhere his voice isn't heard by so many people.

It doesn't really sound like he's changed his mind about his "cause", though -- just about the way he broached the subject. If all he's ashamed of is the idiotic presentation of his idiotic argument and not the idiotic argument itself, then screw him.

Archived