Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What Do You Think About the Chippiness/Taunting/****-Talking?

PleaseBlitz

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Garçon should've spun the ball over joe Haden's ugly face and ripped off his elf ears and shove them up evan roysters ass

Agreed. Had my first look at Joe Haden yesterday. The guy could be flagged for defensive holding on almost every single play. The blatant pass interference on Garcon was ridiculous and the refs, every week, show how inept they are.

I think you're a ****wit if you celebrate a routine play.

If it's that big a deal, let's stop the game and hand out a trophy for ****'s sake. Sheesh. Is there a category for best celebration of a pass completion for a first down? Maybe Monty should start celebrating each successful snap. <rolls eyes>

Actually, I disagree wholeheartedly. I LIKE the fact that these guys get excited after making a first down and getting a good pass completion. Hell, I stand up and cheer at home. I would be worried if they did not get excited. All this does is get the rest of the team pumped up and excited even more. They tend to play harder and make more big time plays.

Let them play and actually enjoy the game. If you really think that after all these years of massive mediocrity that these plays are 'routine', then I guess we can agree to disagree. You are entitled to your opinion, so am I.

A lot of receivers spin the ball when they make a play, whether it's a TD or a first down. I was actually pissed that Garcon got called for that considering the Browns player shoved him after the play.

According to Garcon he said the flag was because there was so many Browns around, but I call BS on Goodell for even making taunting a penalty in the NFL.

In the case of the one today, I felt like THEIR guy was the one who should have been flagged. Was it Jackson? Can't remember. Also noticed he was giving extra shoves after the play the whole game, similar to what was going on in that Rams game when Morgan snapped, baby cheap shots - not enough for the refs to notice but enough to piss our guys off and trigger an incident (that the refs DO notice).

Alexander was playing with a lit fire in his belly. I thought he was going to get hit with an USLC penalty or two. I love the passion, but I don't like that the Skins are basically Oakland East at this point. The Skins veteran skill position players can't continue to put their rookies in that situation, no matter how good their are.

---------- Post added December-17th-2012 at 12:44 PM ----------

Since when is spinning the ball considered taunting?

Total BS penalty.

It shouldn't be on its own (Moss does it a lot, typically as a TD celebration), but he was also jawing as the ball spun...maybe the refs took exception. On the other hand, Garcon seems to jaw after every play in which he's involved. It's never his fault that he did catch the ball (I.e. pass interference), or if he does, he has something to say to the counterpart covering him.

Hate it.

Garcon got the penalty for celebrating a freakin' first down. A first down...really? Go back to the huddle, you still got work to do!

The old saying is tried and true:

Act like you've been there and you'll be there all day.

A-freakin'-men! I especially hate silly little first down celebrations. A first down is worth 0 points, and it's your job to catch the $#$@ ball. Give it to the ref and get back to the huddle. You want to show some "attitude"? Win the game!

I don't have an issue with the chippiness of a game, only when it becomes a distraction from doing your job and focusing on making plays rather than "showing somebody up". For some players, it is their strength to get under the skin of the opponent, but for others, it's their strength to race against the clock and to focus on the X's and O's.

My issue is that it never seems to be clear with the refs what they will let players get away with at any point. I wish after the moment where it gets excessive they would go sideline to sideline and tell the coaches to remind their players that they're going to start flagging for anything excessive. However, I understand they don't owe the coaches any fair warning, so it's up to the coaches to keep their team in line. Either way, I'm sick of the rule where only the second guy gets caught. That's BULL. If you see it, call it, don't wait for people to react.

I LOVED ST21 for his style of play and demeanor:

752843_o.gif

taylorboogeyman7mn5xu9uy.gif

sean-taylor-o.gif

This is the kind of excitement I love to see

167078_o.gif

He never took it too far, and wasn't a primma donna. He laid you out and didn't care to do a backflip afterwards or dance around. He just shook his head at you and said to not come his way.

I like them being in the game and showing emotion, but I do get irritated at spinning the ball after routine first downs. It's not that I dont think they can celebrate but it gets old if you do it after every little thing you do. Let it be a big first down at least or something especially difficult. You start to seem like someone who desperately needs attention if you have to overreact to everything you do.

I thought the taunting call was sorta bs.. cause all he did was spin the ball, even if it was near the guy. However, I hope it makes him maybe slow down on some of the spinning. It reminds me of cam newton doing his superman or whatever thing after every little thing he does. It gets old and annoying. You're supposed to catch passes. Celebrate more on TDs or amazing catches or something.

Put it this way - imagine RG3 running for a first down. Can you imagine him getting in the opponent's face about it? Going up to a LB and trash talking?

I seriously doubt it. Not to say he doesn't celebrate good plays, but he does it in a classy way.

Now, of course, different guys have different roles on the team and trash talking can be a great tactical advantage, but when I watch Pierre, I tend to think that he is not being tactical, but letting his emotions get the best of him, which is where I think the problem comes in.

All of that said, he clearly provides more positives than negatives, so that is why there isn't a bigger concern here.

um...he was talking **** against the Rams...

Since when is spinning the ball considered taunting?

Total BS penalty.

Not singling you out, just responding to a few similar posts..

(taken from yesterday's GDT) Link to rulebook: RuleBook.pdf

Rule 12, Section 3, Article 1

"Penalty: Loss of 15 yards from the succeeding spot or whatever spot the Referee....

Note 3: Violations of (B) will be penalized if any of the acts are committed directly at the opponent. These acts include but are not limited to: sack dances; home run swinging; incredible hulk; spiking the ball; spinning the ball; throwing or shoving the ball...."

Apparently since Browns were right there, it was considered "directly at the opponent"??

I like that the team won't be push overs and they have each others back. I also like that they play with passion. Do I think every first down catch warrants the ole ball spin ? No but I'll take the good with the bad and roll with it. Being chippy brings energy to the team and I have no problem with that.

Not singling you out, just responding to a few similar posts..

(taken from yesterday's GDT) Link to rulebook: RuleBook.pdf

Rule 12, Section 3, Article 1

"Penalty: Loss of 15 yards from the succeeding spot or whatever spot the Referee....

Note 3: Violations of (B) will be penalized if any of the acts are committed directly at the opponent. These acts include but are not limited to: sack dances; home run swinging; incredible hulk; spiking the ball;spinning the ball throwing or shoving the ball...."

Apparently since Browns were right there, it was considered "directly at the opponent"??

home run swinging;

Alfred Morris better watch out. Seriously thought Roger Goodell has done enough damage to this game and hes not done.

I may be alone in this one...

After watching years of passive Redskins teams take the field I for one am happy that players are fired up after making plays. This activity is contagious and picks everyone else on the team up. IMO RG3 needs to have players that are willing to go across the line to hold opposing players actions accountable. We have already seen players taking shots at him and if the team was passive, like past years, then everyone would be going for the knockout blow. You think it's bad now? Imagine what it would be like with a passive team.

Give me a team of on the field goons (with clean criminal records) to protect our star players!

Memories of Dale Hunter and Scott Stevens come to mind...

I am going to celebrate at my desk for sending an email. I am going to spin my mouse like a football and yell really loudly.

Give me a team of on the field goons (with clean criminal records) to protect our star players!

Memories of Dale Hunter and Scott Stevens come to mind...

Dale Hunter = D Hall perhaps

Scott Stevens = Garcon

Chris Simon = Lorenzo

Donald Brashear = Trent Williams

Ovechkin wait for it....

Yep, RG3

What Garcon did was fine. He does it after every catch... that was a stupid flag and the refs in that game were terrible anyways...

That's what I was thinking. Almost every call went against us. The only one that went for us was the reversed Brown's td. How you call defensive holding with the ball in the air and landing inches away from Garcon with the guy still tugging on him is unbelievable. That drive the refs really tried to prevent the Redskins from scoring. Every time we moved up, they pushed em back. On the taunting, Garcon was shoved said something and immediately walked away, there was no escalation, no threat of a fight... so, I thought we were getting the advantage because their guy hit our guy and the only thing our guy did was say something back.

Terrible.

The rules clearly state that throwing, spiking, spinning, etc. the ball at or in the direction of the opposing team's player(s) will result in a taunting penalty. Moss usually spins the ball in the open field, Garcon, however, threw it right at the feet of three defenders and had it spinning right between them. Easy call, and I screamed at the television the moment he did it about two seconds before the flag went up in the air. that rule has been in play for years, so yes, Garcon deserved the penalty. He's just lucky it didn't cost us in the end.

Hmm. I thought today Garcon deserved it, although the guy did shove him afterwards, so that could have been offsetting penalties. Against the Rams it was Cortland Finnegan, who is probably the NFL's king of doing that kind of ****. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-71mGtFQVSw

It looked to me as if Garcon was trying to draw the other guy into a personal foul but failed and got it on himself.

Archived