Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What Do You Think About the Chippiness/Taunting/****-Talking?

PleaseBlitz

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I still don't see how/why the Browns weren't penalized for refusing to follow the referees command to get off the fumble pile. One ref was pulling a Brown who still wouldn't get off. We're very lucky that Garcon was able to keep control of that ball. That should be a 15 yard unsportsman like call

What Garcon did was fine. He does it after every catch... that was a stupid flag and the refs in that game were terrible anyways...

1) that call was horrible

2) the Garcon catch that was reviewed was a horrible call

3) the pass intereference that wasn't called was horrible

4) the pass intereference that was called illegal contact was horrible

This officiating crew was bad.

So it wasn't just me seeing this.:whew:

I like it because it hypes the team up. Did you all not see how aggressive the offense was out there yesterday. Especially Garcon and Trent, those dudes were animals yesterday.

Trash talking is always going to be in the game. It was unfortunate that Garcon got that bs penalty yesterday, but it is what it is.

GOOD teams with admired QB's don't do it (not saying RGIII not admired, just young)... Pats,

:ols: I guess you never heard Tom Brady mic'd up before. Dude talks trash all game. And don't even get me started on Gronkowski :ols: But that is why I like them...

Screw all this PC stuff. People are getting to soft nowadays. "Act like you been there before" aint nothing wrong with that, but this is an emotional game. You practice hours a week, aint nothing wrong with showing-off every now and then.... But never do it when it's ;late and you're losing.

:ols: I guess you never heard Tom Brady mic'd up before. Dude talks trash all game. And don't even get me started on Gronkowski :ols: But that is why I like them...

Screw all this PC stuff. People are getting to soft nowadays. "Act like you been there before" aint nothing wrong with that, but this is an emotional game. You practice hours a week, aint nothing wrong with showing-off every now and then.... But never do it when it's ;late and you're losing.

I was going to say, MLS... didn't he almost have a fight with Bill O'Brien at FedEx last year after Josh Wilson picked him off? lol. He's also one of the bigger **** talkers in the league.

I hate the ball spinning and excessive celebrating that has been going on lately but I'm not going to complain because they are winning and are in first place. I think this team is going to be very, very good for a long time so hopefully they get it out of there system this year and in coming years they will be able to act like they have been there before and cut down on the after play antics. Even old pro's like London Fletcher is doing trash talking and pointing. Again, I don't really like it because I'm old school but I am glad to see some emotion out of the team and I guess they are just thrilled to be winning and I sure can't complain about that.

What Garcon did was fine. He does it after every catch... that was a stupid flag and the refs in that game were terrible anyways...

That was the most lop-sided officiated game I have ever seen. And we won, that tells you how bad it was if I am still steamed about it.

Add to that 2 shots to Cousins' head and 2 defensive holding penalties (including one in the end zone). I was literally screaming at the TV (and scared my wife and dogs).

That being said, and back on topic, I have no problem with a little emotion. This game isn't golf -- it is played with emotion. It is a passionate game. Yes, Art Monk did not engage in it -- and he is revered for it. But Gary Clark sure did. There was the Fun Bunch -- which is a 15 yard penalty now.

I like seeing passion and energy. I have no problem with what Garcon did -- it was a terrible call. However, don't be stupid, like Morgan against the Rams!

GOOD teams with admired QB's don't do it (not saying RGIII not admired, just young)... Pats, Broncos.... I've always gone on the side of Art Monk, act like you have been there before, hand the ball to the ref. The fans cheer whether or not you spin the ball. I live in Charlotte, and people around here hate it when Newton does his little pointing for a first down like he just won the game in the first quarter. Where was all this ball spinning when they played the Steelers, when they dropped double digit passes?

This. I know Santana has spun the ball since he's been in the pros. The Garcon spin should not have been a penalty. I think Shanny needs to just tell these guys to stop spinning the ball and let the other team get chippy. I'm not a fan of the ball spinning. Act like you've caught a pass before. There are other ways to get excited about a catch.

Hate it.

Garcon got the penalty for celebrating a freakin' first down. A first down...really? Go back to the huddle, you still got work to do!

The old saying is tried and true:

Act like you've been there and you'll be there all day.

Yep. And for what it's worth, I don't care what players do once they reach the endzone. They can celebrate a TD any way they want, even if they look like an idiot. I've never been against endzone celebrations. Just the celebrations between the numbers.

So long as the team keeps winning, who cares!

I for one want the team to be brash and ****y, it means that they will not be intimidated or pushed around. This team is NO LONGER a door mat to other teams. Finally, we appear to be a team that other teams do not want to contend with. I say let the boys piss testosterone if they want as long as they play within the rules if they get flagged, so be it.

I would rather have a team that is a little arrogant than a passive one. I hope some DHall, Piere Garcon attitude rubs off on the younger guys.

If Tom Brady was back there the two hits to Cousins head would have drawn PF easily.

I think you're a ****wit if you celebrate a routine play.

If it's that big a deal, let's stop the game and hand out a trophy for ****'s sake. Sheesh. Is there a category for best celebration of a pass completion for a first down? Maybe Monty should start celebrating each successful snap. <rolls eyes>

I was going to say, MLS... didn't he almost have a fight with Bill O'Brien at FedEx last year after Josh Wilson picked him off? lol. He's also one of the bigger **** talkers in the league.

:ols: I forgot about that last year. Everybody thinks Brady is all cool or whatever, dude plays with passion.

I was going to use Phillip Rivers as another example, but he is not having that good of a season....

I'm fine with the attitude and not taking crap, having confidence and showing you won't back down and also having swagger so long as their play backs it up. But when it leads to a foolish act like what Morgan did vs. the Rams that crosses the line (though Morgan was being aggravated). Garcon's penalty was pretty ticky-tacky IMO.

I found this yesterday LOL:

Wide receiver Pierre Garcon, a Mount Union product who signed with the Redskins in the offseason after the Browns targeted him in free agency, had a team-high six catches and also recovered a fumble late in the game that could have given the Browns a chance to come back. He also trash talked with a couple of members of the Browns’ defense, particularly cornerback Joe Haden and linebacker D’Qwell Jackson.

“[Garcon] talks too much,” Jackson said. “It’s like, ‘Who are you talking to?’ I’m too old. Hey, I used to do it when I was young. … You just always hear him. He’s fiery, I get it. But I’m not that guy. … I don’t have time for that. Line up at running back, then you can talk to me.”

Haden downplayed the trash talking, which included a 15-yard taunting penalty on Garcon.

“I wasn’t really worried about Garcon,” Haden said. “I mean, I did my thing against him. … But Garcon is a really good receiver and I don’t want to take anything away from him.”

Garcon finished with 65 receiving yards.

“It was just football,” Garcon told reporters after the game. “Those guys [Jackson and Haden] love playing football. They’re passionate about it. They’re the cornerstones of the defense, so they have to bring their emotion. I have to bring my emotions.”

http://www.ohio.com/sports/browns/browns-notebook-rookie-rb-trent-richardson-questions-play-calling-1.358348

Eh, I'm old fashioned, I don't like seeing it. Make a play, get back in the huddle. Save the celebrating for getting in the end zone, not for a first down.

The OP is flawed by the way, revisionist history that occurs on this board. Josh Morgan didn't cost us the Rams game, he cost us a better chance at it. Still would have been a 47 yarder with Billy Cundiff kicking, far from a guarantee.

That line from Haden is laughable. He did his thing: A big uncalled PI, 2 uncalled holdings. And Garcon still had 6 catches on you. Oh yeah, don't forget the blatant uncalled taunting, standing over Morgan after a big hit...

Archived