Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What Do You Think About the Chippiness/Taunting/****-Talking?

PleaseBlitz

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Garcon brings hype and energy to the table. A little swagger. Confidence is key and as long as it's kept in check, I'm all for it. No doubt Shanahan will make it clear that some celebrating and confidence is fine, but when you jeopardize the team you're being selfish.

I don't think Garcon is 100% responsible for our winning streak, but I don't think it's an accident that the offense is operating with more confidence and we're seeing guys step up in the receiving game -- which is completely opposite of the Steelers game, for example.

The Garcon penalty was just horrible...not taunting at all

I know, right. He has been doing that all season after every big play and they decided to throw a flag on that one. As for the jawing, it seemed more like the Browns were doing a bit more talking while they were down by 2 scores. I wish Brad Edwards was around to tap them on the shoulder and point them to the scoreboard.

The rules clearly state that throwing, spiking, spinning, etc. the ball at or in the direction of the opposing team's player(s) will result in a taunting penalty. Moss usually spins the ball in the open field, Garcon, however, threw it right at the feet of three defenders and had it spinning right between them. Easy call, and I screamed at the television the moment he did it about two seconds before the flag went up in the air. that rule has been in play for years, so yes, Garcon deserved the penalty. He's just lucky it didn't cost us in the end.

I do agree that the penalty should have been called. However the lucky comment seems a bit harsh. He showed a good amount of skill and perseverance while having bad luck yesterday IMO. Being held by a player that he beat but not getting the call was not good luck. Making what looked like a catch to most people but not getting the call was not good luck. Continuing to perform and also recover what could have been a costly fumble was not luck. What part of the game was he actually lucky on?

I do agree that the penalty should have been called. However the lucky comment seems a bit harsh. He showed a good amount of skill and perseverance while having bad luck yesterday IMO. Being held by a player that he beat but not getting the call was not good luck. Making what looked like a catch to most people but not getting the call was not good luck. Continuing to perform and also recover what could have been a costly fumble was not luck. What part of the game was he actually lucky on?

I agree with you. We were dominant.

So long as it isn't seriously detrimental to the team, too many penalties, etc. Get after them! don't back down,have some dog in you! I like attitude, just be smart about it. I wish refs called it more evenly/fairly...several times the browns (linebacker johnson in particular) pushed after the whistle..and another brown hit josh morgan hard, then stood over him and jawed for a good 10-15 seconds. But spinning a ball is taunting? sheesh. I don't mind some trash talk and and chippiness, just be smart about it.

Garcon should have been penalized, doing that ball spin infront of defender is unnecessary. Act like you've been there before, we don't need to give the refs an excuse to throw the flag. Ticky tack or not, you gave them an excuse to call it.

I get you. I love the spin, especially when Moss does it, but I don't think it's a good idea for the players to do it right IN FRONT of the guy who was covering him after the play. At that point you're clearly asking for a penalty.

This isn't out of control yet, but when I see these senseless plays, it makes me think the player is putting their ego in front of the team. I've seen garcon on the verge of going too far several times this year.

I don't care who wins the "verbal sparring match" or who comes up with the best "First Down celebration" routine.

I have no problem in someone protecting themself or their teammates, but trash talking is exactly that...Trash.

I'd rather see more class and professionalism.

Hail !

I still don't see how/why the Browns weren't penalized for refusing to follow the referees command to get off the fumble pile. One ref was pulling a Brown who still wouldn't get off. We're very lucky that Garcon was able to keep control of that ball. That should be a 15 yard unsportsman like call

Yeah, that pileup was ridiculous. A ref should be able to say "get off or I'm flagging you". Or maybe they are able to and just need to grow a pair.

Multiple times a Browns player shoved someone right in front of the ref. Apparently that's ok, but don't you dare yell at the ball.

I hate to see guys get penalized (for doing something stupid), but I love the fire in these guys. Garçon the beast, Morgan the enforcer, and Moss... the scrappy little guy. Much better than a safety flexing after giving up a first on third and long.

Lastly, I love the heads up play by our receivers on the fumbles.

I like it when our guys celebrate with each other. However, Moss' spinning the ball/first down point is one of my favorite things ever.

Mine too, but don't do it in front of a defenders face, don't give the refs an excuse to throw the flag. I don't want to see this becoming a culture of our team that costs us in an important game down the road.

So long as it isn't seriously detrimental to the team, too many penalties, etc. Get after them! don't back down,have some dog in you! I like attitude, just be smart about it. I wish refs called it more evenly/fairly...several times the browns (linebacker johnson in particular) pushed after the whistle..and another brown hit josh morgan hard, then stood over him and jawed for a good 10-15 seconds. But spinning a ball is taunting? sheesh. I don't mind some trash talk and and chippiness, just be smart about it.
It wasn't just the spinning of the ball, man. He was pointing at it and appeared to be jawing at the Browns player with the official close by. Not surprised at all they called it.

---------- Post added December-18th-2012 at 03:35 AM ----------

I was going to say, MLS... didn't he almost have a fight with Bill O'Brien at FedEx last year after Josh Wilson picked him off? lol. He's also one of the bigger **** talkers in the league.
Brady doesn't talk trash to the opposing team. I rarely, if ever, have seen him do it. If anything, he's ususally yelling at his offensive line or QBs coach every now and then. And there's nothing wrong with that. That's being a leader. When you cross the line, is when you push one of your lineman like Cutler did.

And btw, Brady and Bill O'Brien used to go at it all the time. And then after the game, it was done with. Like it never happened. Heard a guy mention that very thing on the radio today.

---------- Post added December-18th-2012 at 03:40 AM ----------

Yep. And for what it's worth, I don't care what players do once they reach the endzone. They can celebrate a TD any way they want, even if they look like an idiot. I've never been against endzone celebrations. Just the celebrations between the numbers.
I prefer the guys that, when they score a TD, they go pat their offensive lineman on the hat, or the QB that threw it to them. I mean, it's not like the guy got into the endzone on his own. Curbing the celebration thing was one of the best things the NFL has done.

---------- Post added December-18th-2012 at 03:48 AM ----------

Only every week.
I doubt it. If that was the worst officiated game you've ever seen, then obviously you didn't watch many games during the first half of the season. Those replacement refs were beyond awful.

---------- Post added December-18th-2012 at 03:51 AM ----------

Since when is spinning the ball considered taunting?

Total BS penalty.

When there are opposing players in the vicinity. It's in the rules that someone posted earlier. Plus, the pointing at it probably made it taunting, in the refs eyes.

This will be Dallas' tactic all game long. Hall needs to have his mouth duct taped and the rest of the team needs to be really talked to about the consequences of possibly costing us a playoff birth by running their mouth, spinning the ball at opponent's feet, etc etc.

The game is important, and focus on doing your job.

Now, on the other hand, if we end up blowing out the Pukes, a last T.D. should be met with a 'fun bunch' celebration, but only if the game is outta reach, which I suspect will not be the case, but it sure would get the crowd riled up...

I prefer the guys that, when they score a TD, they go pat their offensive lineman on the hat, or the QB that threw it to them. I mean, it's not like the guy got into the endzone on his own. Curbing the celebration thing was one of the best things the NFL has done.

I don't know how old you are as your age is not shown. I loved the Fun Bunch. I didn't mind the Dirty Bird or the Bob and Weave. All team celebrations. I don't even mind individual celebrations. Here's what I would do. The moment the player scores, get the "K" ball, have the umpire set the ball down and start the play clock. If the doofus is still in the endzone celebrating, then he might cost his team 5 yards for delay of game or too many men on the field. Endzone has never bothered me and it really pissed me off when Don Shula was the head of the competition committee and he lobbied to get rid of things like the Fun Bunch because he was getting his ass waxed by us in the Super Bowl.

Brady doesn't talk trash to the opposing team. I rarely, if ever, have seen him do it. If anything, he's ususally yelling at his offensive line or QBs coach every now and then. And there's nothing wrong with that. That's being a leader. When you cross the line, is when you push one of your lineman like Cutler did.

And btw, Brady and Bill O'Brien used to go at it all the time. And then after the game, it was done with. Like it never happened. Heard a guy mention that very thing on the radio today.

Have you ever seen the mike'd ups with him? He talked trash to pass rushers... Ed Reed... Ray Lewis... Ochocinco... now.. he respects these guys, but that doesn't mean that he won't try and get a mental edge during a game. Brady can run his mouth with the best of them.

In fact, one of his biggest weapons is when he talks trash to pass rushers and ****es to refs about late hits.

You said it yourself. We had calls going against us left and right. That drive that Garcon got the taunting penalty stalled and we ended up punting. At that point, there was still plenty of time in the game, and with the bad calls, it was very possible that the Browns could have gotten back into the game. Let's not pretend, after all, that our defense has been world beaters all season or anything. Bad luck, good luck, it is all still luck, and Garcon is LUCKY that his penalty did not end up allowing the Browns, along with the refs if you want to play that card, to get back in the game.

[/color]I doubt it. If that was the worst officiated game you've ever seen, then obviously you didn't watch many games during the first half of the season. Those replacement refs were beyond awful.

Doubt all you want. I would have rather had the replacements. There were ~10 to 12 calls blatantly missed. The replacements averaged around 6 in the Skins games.

---------- Post added December-18th-2012 at 09:16 AM ----------

Have you ever seen the mike'd ups with him? He talked trash to pass rushers... Ed Reed... Ray Lewis... Ochocinco... now.. he respects these guys, but that doesn't mean that he won't try and get a mental edge during a game. Brady can run his mouth with the best of them.

In fact, one of his biggest weapons is when he talks trash to pass rushers and ****es to refs about late hits.

Absolutely, Brady is a top ten trash talker.

You said it yourself. We had calls going against us left and right. That drive that Garcon got the taunting penalty stalled and we ended up punting. At that point, there was still plenty of time in the game, and with the bad calls, it was very possible that the Browns could have gotten back into the game. Let's not pretend, after all, that our defense has been world beaters all season or anything. Bad luck, good luck, it is all still luck, and Garcon is LUCKY that his penalty did not end up allowing the Browns, along with the refs if you want to play that card, to get back in the game.

Garcon is lucky that the penalty didn't cost us the game.

We are all lucky that Garcon recovered that fumble.

I do see your point my friend.

In the end, our team got the win. Let's enjoy the victory and hope we win out.

When Landry did stuff after the play it always kind of pissed me off and seemed cheesy.

For some reason with Garçon I just love it. He plays with the biggest chip on his shoulder- and the ferociousness just seems to rub off on the rest of the team.

Here's the difference: Garçon does it after a nice play: big catch, big 1st down, something along those lines; Landry did it after giving up a big catch, a big 1st down, when he got out bed and didn't hurt himself...or any time...

Archived