Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What Do You Think About the Chippiness/Taunting/****-Talking?

PleaseBlitz

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

home run swinging;

Alfred Morris better watch out. Seriously thought Roger Goodell has done enough damage to this game and hes not done.

What's funny is that Morris' home run swing is fine as it is (as it should be) but if he is slightly off one time and it looks like he's swinging at the football.... that's a 15 yard penalty. How dumb is that?

I have no problem if the refs had an issue with Garcon's spinning of the ball but they have to be consistent with the taunting calls. I saw one Cleveland Brown player, who wasn't even in on the tackle, run 10+ yards just to stand over one of our Wrs on the ground just to talk crap to him... but hey, that's not taunting.

Also, is it legal for players to grab other players by the leg and fling them off fumble piles AFTER the whistle has blown?

I like it when our guys celebrate with each other. However, Moss' spinning the ball/first down point is one of my favorite things ever.

I love the ball spin and don't mind it, but yes the verbal taunting has to stop. Especially D.Hall. It seems like D.Hall takes it to another level and usually Fletch has to pull him away from the other team before the flag gets thrown.

Also, like the shooting the bow first down signal. Can't remember what player used to do that. I haven't seen it in awhile (D.Young or Hank maybe).

I love the ball spin and don't mind it, but yes the verbal taunting has to stop. Especially D.Hall. It seems like D.Hall takes it to another level and usually Fletch has to pull him away from the other team before the flag gets thrown.

Also, like the shooting the bow first down signal. Can't remember what player used to do that. I haven't seen it in awhile (D.Young or Hank maybe).

A. Armstrong used to shoot the bow

Quite the opposite actually. Also Cousins took two blows to the head while in the pocket that did not get called. It is hard to imagine that the Ref's have it out for the Redskins or is it?

They actually do. I've been noticing in all of the games since our winning streak they have been shafting us on the calls. A few examples...(Dallas game) Romo sits to pee knee CLEARLY on the ground,but yet after review they gave him the two point conversion anyway. Then the late hit RGIII took when running out of bounds,the ref threw a flag, but picked it back up and didn't even give an explanation? As you've said already in the Browns game but failed to mention the review on the Garcon catch???????? WTF they said that he didn't catch it and the ball hit the ground? There was many more bad calls in the favor of the brown in that game that wasn't called also. Hell, I thought it was the NFL agenda to get RGIII hurt because he consistantly takes cheap shots, spearing head shots on a regular without any yellow being drawn, but after witnessing the Mike Tyson like blows that Kurt was taking It must just be a Redskin QB thing WTH? Mike has made this team a legit contender. People do you even realize that we are missing good ,good, players like FD83,Helu jr.,Jackson,Meriweather,ect. Also, we have been winning games even with all of the bad/no calls by the officials.We are a good team. SMH, imagine what we will look like when FD83 and helu are in thos offense wow. Oh yeah, Jim Hasslett has to be fired for us to be considered a legit contender. I still don't like him as the D coordinator. Fire Jim,and Mike keeps finding gems in the draft we will have us a contednding team next season. #HTTR

Here's the difference: Garçon does it after a nice play: big catch, big 1st down, something along those lines; Landry did it after giving up a big catch, a big 1st down, when he got out bed and didn't hurt himself...or any time...

Yeah, that was infuriorating about Landry. The Browns did a lot of it as well. Ward, Haden and Jackson were particularly bad about. How do you taunt a guy who just busted off a 20 yard play on you just because you tackled him hard (see Joe Haden on Royster). D'Qwell Jackson even went after Morris, who doesn't say jack on the field, after he scored a touchdown. Ward taunted Morgan after Morgan's catch gave us a first and goal. All I could think of is "What a bunch of idiots". Kind of sad too since Haden went to my highschool and I'm a Maryland fan (Jackson).

Yeah, that was infuriorating about Landry. The Browns did a lot of it as well. Ward, Haden and Jackson were particularly bad about. How do you taunt a guy who just busted off a 20 yard play on you just because you tackled him hard (see Joe Haden on Royster). D'Qwell Jackson even went after Morris, who doesn't say jack on the field, after he scored a touchdown. Ward taunted Morgan after Morgan's catch gave us a first and goal. All I could think of is "What a bunch of idiots". Kind of sad too since Haden went to my highschool and I'm a Maryland fan (Jackson).

I was screaming at the TV. I couldn't believe the one-sided nature of the officiating last Sunday. What do you want to bet it's worse this weekend?

Is it me or has it become pretty noticeable that opposing teams seem visibly upset and angry that they are losing games to the 'Skins?

It almost seems as if this team is still viewed as the disaster franchise of the last decade despite the upward development/RGIII//5 game win streak etc etc.....

It may take an actual full season of expectations and exceeding expectations to become a team with that "respect from other teams" status, because right now, it seems if you lose to the 'Skins, your entire franchise gets thrown into an upheaval and folks get fired, lambasted, publicly humiliated, like it just isn't acceptable to lose to the 'Skins yet.

It may take an actual full season of expectations and exceeding expectations to become a team with that "respect from other teams" status, because right now, it seems if you lose to the 'Skins, your entire franchise gets thrown into an upheaval and folks get fired, lambasted, publicly humiliated, like it just isn't acceptable to lose to the 'Skins yet.

That's definitely the case. Seen it most recently with SF. They went from doormats to contenders last year. I know I was not the only one who needed to see them repeat that level of play in order to take them seriously. It will be the same for us with opposing fans and players alike.

Coming from a UK background, all this taunting stuff always seems odd to me. If you don't want your opponent to gloat, don't let him beat you...

It's the same as running up the score. If you don't want to lose by 30+ then don't play atrociously...

Archived