Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trent Richardson vs Alfred Morris. Straight up trade. Would you?

Dapo

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I love Morris but Trent Richardson is a stud. He has everything Morris has in terms of toughness, vision and power plus break away speed as well. He catches the ball very well out of the backfield too.

He would be putting up unbelievable numbers in our offense.

No. Better value w/ Morris's cheaper contract--4 years 2.2M vs. 4 years 20M. Next question.

This right here is the perfect answer. Similar stats on these guys, yet Morris is significantly cheaper. Additionally, Morris is already proven in our scheme. Not worth a trade.

You're nuts. Richardson is clearly better than Albert--Albert plays on a team dedicated to the run, with a good run blocking line and a coach who has a rep for getting the most out of his running backs. Richardson plays behind a bad line.

I may be nuts but you are clueless. Again, in terms of value? It's not even close. TR is not a ZBS, one cut back that Almo is.

****ing Madden.

I think Trent's a more complete back skillwise, but Morris fits our system perfectly and his attitude is exactly perfect too. Guy has tons of heart and an infinite amount of fight in him. We saw him play after his fumble in the Giants game, he was angry, and ran like it.

And as someone mentioned, a straight up trade would cost us about 4M more per year. Personally I'd *probably* say no, and just let Shanahan do his "runningback whisperer" thing. I didn't vote though, because it is an interesting question.

Here's a question:

Marcus Lattimore looks like he's entering the draft. He's injured, and will take some time to rehab, but he's got a very solid skillset, good enough to be a 1st rounder when healthy. His injury probably drops him into the late 2nd day, or possibly even the 3rd day. Let's say we're drafting, and Lattimore is sitting there in the 5th. Do we take him?

Seriously?

This thread has the makings of a "Romo sits to pee trade for RG3" type thing.

Um, yeah...I'll take the next dual threat megastar. And people using a comparatively cheap rookie wage scale contract to justify their homerism is amusing.

Still love Alf, though.

We have to deal with an 18M cap penalty. RB would also rank dead last in the areas we need to upgrade.

If the Redskins were in a fantasy football keeper/dynasty league though, I'd do the trade.

I'm answering a big ol' NO to this question. I've been heavily drinking the Redskins Kool-Aid of late and I'm such a fan of our homegrown talent. The more guys in our starting lineup that we've drafted ourselves the better. I want the Skins to be the team that all the other teams in the league feed off the dregs of our team and sign the crappy guys we cut in hopes that they've just been a victim of displacement on a very talent-heavy Redskins roster. So no, they can keep Trent, and we can be running down every teams throats with FroMo

Trent Richardson is a top quality, potential all-pro back. That's a no-brainer. It's nothing against Morris. I don't pine for T Rich or anything and Morris is a spectacular member of our team. But T Rich is by far the superior RB.
How is he the superior RB when Morris is smoking him in every stat? Morris has busted 100 yard games against the best defenses in this league, with TD's to add.

I do think Morris is a great player in our scheme and the only things missing is his break away speed and his pass catching. However Trent is an complete back with major upside and has the ability to break away and go beast in the pass game. That being said I would tend to agree with many on the board that when you weigh in what the cost would be to retain Trent and the fact that Morris is elite under our system running the ball the difference is not that great. However straight up talent, I would have to go Trent.

If you think RG3 is good now, imagine him with an elite RB that had to get a lot of attention.

I've watched TR and see a RB who is stronger and faster than Morris, and he just happens to be the focal point of every defense that plays the Browns. I think he's an elite talent and I'd take him over any RB not named AP.

We have our good, young, cheap RB, so we're set for now. However, as a pure talent trade, I'd do it 100 times out of 100. It's not even close.

Essentially Trent Richardson is a stronger and much faster Alfred Morris that is a factor in the passing game. If you gave Trent Richardson numbers in the hashes like Alfred Morris gets off the zone read he'd reap DBs souls. I'm not sure about his vision as so I don't know how he well he would be in a zone running game but like others have said pure talent you make that trade. He is the most athletically gifted RB in the league outside of Peterson

If Morris keeps up a little bit over 100 yards in his next game he could break our single season rushing yards record that Portis set in 2005, I read somewhere.

Trent is good, but in college I always saw a running back that would get maybe 3 or 4 yards a pop all game and then would have one or two huge mindblowing highlight runs where he makes defenders look like pop warner players. If you watch him he is very indecisive on where he will run and tends to dance in the backfield a lot, which is a huge cardinal sin in our offense and in Mike Shanahan's mind. Morris has pretty much outperformed Richardson this year, and I thought Trent was a bit of an overrated back coming out of college, he is kind of a highlight reel player if you know what I mean. Overrated doesn't mean he is a bad player, because Trent is a good player.

Archived