Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trent Richardson vs Alfred Morris. Straight up trade. Would you?

Dapo

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Yep. Plus, Alfred is a part of the Redskin family. I really like his work ethic and how humble he is. He has a bright future ahead of him, and I don't want him going anywhere!

Exactly, for the first time in forever the Redskins are playing as a TEAM. These guys are like family and step up for each other when needed.

Why does everyone always want more?

We have kid that's done things a 6 round rook just isn't 'sposed to do, all things being equal. And still we're not satisfied.

To answer the OP, no, I wouldn't make the trade, The cap hit for one would cripple us, and totally screw up the rebuild just as we're getting close to competing again. And honestly, I don't rate Richardson as an elite back. Didn't in college,. Don't in the pro's. Would I upgrade 'The Butler' to someone with breakneck, game changing speed? No question, and that's no slight on Morris. But an All Day/ Sanders/ Emmitt type back are special, special commodities that win games all by themselves. But Richardson just isn't that type of back IMHO. And until there's one out there, I'm happy to ride the honest hard graft of Alfred as far as it can take us.

Hail.

Emmitt doesn't belong in there. Evan Royster with that line looks comparible to Emmitt Smith.

No way. I'm happy with Morris. He fits in with our system and he's a true redskin. Clearly, Morris is the biggest steal in the draft and we lucked out by getting him. He's a 6th rounder playing like a 1st rounder.

Richardson will be elite, but I don't think Trent would have the same success that Morris is having with our team because of size differences. Same thing could be said the other way around.

Childress says no plans to demote Richardson

BEREA — Brad Childress put a firm kibosh on the thought of Montario Hardesty taking Trent Richardson’s job. “We’re not there,” the offensive coordinator of the Cleveland Browns said. “Certainly we’re not there.”

http://www.cantonrep.com/browns/x1922377751/Childress-says-no-plans-to-demote-Richardson?zc_p=0

dude is doing the smoke and mirrors kind of like Luck. They are both very high picks and and people are falling all over themselves praising them because they are having mediocre seasons. Sure Luck is winning, but the Colts are doing that despite him sometimes. He's kind of like the arsonist and the firefighter all in one.

Richardson has two runs over 20 yards this YEAR.

Childress says no plans to demote Richardson

http://www.cantonrep.com/browns/x1922377751/Childress-says-no-plans-to-demote-Richardson?zc_p=0

dude is doing the smoke and mirrors kind of like Luck. They are both very high picks and and people are falling all over themselves praising them because they are having mediocre seasons. Sure Luck is winning, but the Colts are doing that despite him sometimes. He's kind of like the arsonist and the firefighter all in one.

Richardson has two runs over 20 yards this YEAR.

Seems like the media hates being wrong on whos going to be the best. They want to stick their fingers in their ears and say "lalalalalala" whenever it comes apparent that Andrew Luck is simply not as good as RG3 or that Richardson isn't as good even though he has a great o-line.

I say nay...we have tremendous value, a guy with a serious no one thought I was fast enough, big enough, etc etc. late in the draft pick mentality that fits the system and what the Redskins do running scheme wise. Why screw with that. The player fit matters. And the guy is awesome. Trent Richardson is great in his own way...but I like Al. Alfred reads blocks so well, is decisive, runs with great power, not super fast but can really put his cleat in the earth and explode, always falls forward and gets you 3-4 yards even when it wasn't blocked well.

T Richardson is a quality back but I wouldn't trade Morris straight up for him. Morris is a beast and runs over people. He rarely loses yardage when he gets the ball. He has to correct some of the fumbling issues but it isn't a big issue right now. Most of his fumbles come from trying to get that extra yard or a very good defensive play. At least 3 of the 4 were punched out by a defender coming in from behind because of a good hit on the ball. Because Richardson came from Alabama doesn't mean he is better. Look at the top 5 all time leading rushers and where they went to school at. Emmit Smith went to Fla, Walter Payton went to Jackson State, Barry Sanders went to Okla St, Curtis Martin went to Pittsburg and LaDainian Tomlinson went to TCU. Great backs come from different schools throughout the country and non of these schools are considered to be a dominate National Championship player in College football year in and year out except maybe Florida. Jackson State is a prime example. So give me Morris and I bet you he has a better career than Richardson.

I like Morris. I like his style, his heart, and his place on our team. There is no trade necessary. I dont see a worthwhile upgrade by trading him.

agreed...i cant believe this is even being discussed. Morris is our back and has been a work horse for us, you almost cant say redskins without mentioning/hearing about RG# and Almo in the same sentence. SOOOOOO helllllllll no morris needs to stay here in DC for a looong while

Richardsons a beast I wonder if people would do the trade after the game

Trent is definitely a better back, but it isn't all that fair. The Browns have a nasty defense and tackle well...we on the other hand have a "bunch of guys". Nothing special

I'm fairly sure you guys spoke too soon. Trent averaged less than 3 yards per touch and benefited mightily from some poor tackling on his few good runs. Morris faced much more stifling defensive play and was considerably more productive by virtue of consistently churning out yards after contact.

Richardson is a talented guy but he's inconsistent and that's not a good thing for a RB, especially one who needs to carry his team.

Still not voting, but Morris really impressed me today, on top of everything he's done so far. He got bogged down early, but kept trying, and finally started breaking some tackles later on when we needed him to. Super effort, and I really liked how he seemed to run harder the more carries he got. Normally guys start getting winded after 20ish carries, but he had 27 and was looking more dangerous then than at any point in the game.

Why is everyone so ready for the off-season to trade things away? Why not take enjoyment in this SEASON, the NOW, the HERE, the PRESENT, the REALITY. Oh I forgot, you're all GM's.

Amazing sports guys like Lavar, Dukes, Czabe, and Pollin have clearly shed their amazing intelligence on all of us. We're so enlightened.

Help us.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived