Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trent Richardson vs Alfred Morris. Straight up trade. Would you?

Dapo

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

No. This isn't to say that Richardson won't be a better back than Morris, because he sure as **** has that potential, but Morris has proven that he can be one of the best backs in the entire league (let alone rookie backs) in this system. Why in the world would anyone want to change that?

This one was a tough call so I chickened out and didn't vote. I do prefer T Rich to Mo but if we're. Nevermind, because our scheme is so RB friendly. Then I look at Cleveland. They run a power run game. Which I believe Mo would Excel in better.

Actually, Morris is perfect for the ZBS. He is very good at identifying the cut lane in an instant. The folly of some that think we need a burner back there for this running game to work is, it's not designed to hit a home run every time. It's designed to get the back into the second level, which is exactly what Morris does. It's designed to tear off huge chunks of yardage and not necessarily be a breakaway type running game. Richardson would probably be good as well in our system, but I doubt Morris would be a good back for the power running game even though he is a punishing runner. He would not be able to get to the 2nd level in a power running game.

The "Butler" is such a stupid nickname for him. I hope it doesn't catch on.

Too late. It was on NFL Network already. So you could do better? Let's hear your brilliant nickname (not that I'm a fan of nicknames anyway.)

---------- Post added December-11th-2012 at 01:44 PM ----------

Depends what kind of car Trent has. It really does.

Never thought of this. haha!

I may be nuts but you are clueless. Again' date=' in terms of value? It's not even close. TR is not a ZBS, one cut back that Almo is.

****ing Madden.[/quote']

I agree. I hate ****ing Madden.

No skirting here. Please explain to me why you believe having three kids at 21 is a character concern. Drunk driving, club shoot-ups and stabbings and drug abuse are character concerns. Having children are not.

First kid at 16, 2nd kid before he's out of high school and third kid all without being married....... should remind you of other athletes that can't help but ruin themselves.

While that may be true, I'd question how much of the Browns any Redskin fan has actually watched to make those claims. Morris has outperformed Richardson this year, and Morris' style is identical to what people would expect from Richardson anyway. I just don't see the point of switching.

I suspect the ones who are most insistent on Richardson being better haven't followed his pro career much at all. He's a talented guy but he doesn't jump out at you in a way that's consistent with his billing as a college prospect.

There's no question Morris is better for our scheme but I actually think there's a solid chance that Morris would be more productive (as a runner) in the Browns' scheme, too.

No skirting here. Please explain to me why you believe having three kids at 21 is a character concern. Drunk driving, club shoot-ups and stabbings and drug abuse are character concerns. Having children are not.

I disconcur. Any schmuck can be a father, but it takes a little character to be a "Dad."

The only reason I might not is the contract thing. Richardson is the more talented player, and I believe in our system he'd have as good or better numbers than Alfred. But Alfred is also great and his cap number is so nice for a team that has a lot of holes to fill and no cap room to spare.

If the contracts were equal, or if I had someone in the front office tell me it wouldn't make a significant difference in the short term because of the way they are structured, then yes I probably would.

I disconcur. Any schmuck can be a father, but it takes a little character to be a "Dad."

That is true. However who are we to declare Trent Richardson as having character issues because he is a father of three. For that matter who are we to say what kind of "dad" he is either based on that fact.

First kid at 16, 2nd kid before he's out of high school and third kid all without being married....... should remind you of other athletes that can't help but ruin themselves.

Well you did your research on him and apparently your view is you have to be married and older to procreate in a respectful manner. Otherwise people may judge your character. Well the problem with life is it throws you a few curve balls now and again. From what I can tell he is with the same woman and mother of his kids. This is no dead beat. Look into his biography a little more and you will realize that you were quick to judge on him based on your own steriotype.

I just think some super fast RBs are too impatient for the ZBS that they try to take off too quickly before proper lanes develop in the ZBS. Slower one cut RBs IMO Ryan Torain, Alfred Morris and Peyton Hillis are sometimes have more success in ZBS because they let the o-line develop the lanes and then hit the hole with more power.

Would I trade a 6th round draft pick who runs hard and seems to be a good find for our type of system for a freak of nature running back who can do it all out of the backfield and who has been touted as the best back since adrian peterson who would be an even better fit in our system? Is this a joke? Maybe i understand not doing it from a contract point but still, danny boy has always found a way when it comes to being under the cap. I can only imagine the people who say no are the same people that think Kirk should start under center because it would be hardly any dropoff from RG3. Lets stop being homers and get a grip on reality. Last week we were laughing at dallas people choosing Romo sits to pee over RG3, and if you are choosing Alfred Morris over Trent Richardson you need the same sense of reality.

Disclaimer: Alfred is a very nice back who has found success and I hope he has continued success. He may even make a few pro bowls if he stays in this system and runs hard like he has been. Go Alfred!

Would I trade a 6th round draft pick who runs hard and seems to be a good find for our type of system for a freak of nature running back who can do it all out of the backfield and who has been touted as the best back since adrian peterson who would be an even better fit in our system? Is this a joke? Maybe i understand not doing it from a contract point but still, danny boy has always found a way when it comes to being under the cap. I can only imagine the people who say no are the same people that think Kirk should start under center because it would be hardly any dropoff from RG3. Lets stop being homers and get a grip on reality. Last week we were laughing at dallas people choosing Romo sits to pee over RG3, and if you are choosing Alfred Morris over Trent Richardson you need the same sense of reality.

Disclaimer: Alfred is a very nice back who has found success and I hope he has continued success. He may even make a few pro bowls if he stays in this system and runs hard like he has been. Go Alfred!

Just because a guy is touted to be the best _____ since _____ does not mean he actually is (remember when Reggie Bush was supposed to be the best back since Barry Sanders?). Richardson looks like a very, very poor man's AP. That doesn't mean he's not talented, it just means that he's not talented enough to make this as simple a decision as you think it is.

Why does this freak of nature has 400 less yards than Alfred?? Did he hold out? (attitude problem and only wants money) Have an injury? (Oh, so he's injury prone) Is he in the wrong system (ie a "system back") Have less carries? (can't be called upon to carry the load) Goes down at first contact? (we've had those before)

*although I'm being a little facetious (and playful) Some of these questions should make you wonder if he really is that "freak of nature" and really that much better than Almo.

Well if we are throwing out numbers be sure to include the 45 receptions and 348 yeards receiving Trent has. He is a more complete back. Trent also reported on time to training camp, so not exactly sure where you are getting your sources. If you are referring to how long it took him to sign, yes his agent told him to wait to sign... as im sure you know most agents told their clients that this summer due to the new collective bargaining agreement implemented in the past few years, until the picks in front of them did, which is exactly what happened. Oh running backs get injured? theres a shock, but you failed to mention he has played in every game this year. He is the focal point of their entire offense, He also doesnt have an RG3 threat qb running the ball, or a great QB who can throw. Goes down at first contact? Baltimore has already claimed that Trent is the hardest back in the NFL to tackle... If Alfred can be this good in our offense, Trent would only make it that much more explosive.

Well if we are throwing out numbers be sure to include the 45 receptions and 348 yeards receiving Trent has. He is a more complete back. Trent also reported on time to training camp, so not exactly sure where you are getting your sources. If you are referring to how long it took him to sign, yes his agent told him to wait to sign... as im sure you know most agents told their clients that this summer due to the new collective bargaining agreement implemented in the past few years, until the picks in front of them did, which is exactly what happened. Oh running backs get injured? theres a shock, but you failed to mention he has played in every game this year. He is the focal point of their entire offense, He also doesnt have an RG3 threat qb running the ball, or a great QB who can throw. Goes down at first contact? Baltimore has already claimed that Trent is the hardest back in the NFL to tackle... If Alfred can be this good in our offense, Trent would only make it that much more explosive.

I had no idea, and was admittedly too lazy to look, as to why he had less yards. That's why I posted almost every possible excuse/reason to be 400 yards behind Almo. Call it Christmas elfishness (elfish-ness, elf-ish-ness elf-ishness?) But 400 yards less in almost the same amount of carries does make me wonder.

No. Better value w/ Morris's cheaper contract--4 years 2.2M vs. 4 years 20M. Next question.

I was leaning T-Rich until I read that. If Trent had RG3 he'd be approaching 2000 yards, but- too much scratch for a team trying to rebuild from old spending mishaps.

Morris will do just fine at a vastly reduced risk. I heart the Butler.

I would make that trade in a heartbeat so we would have a real 3rd down back, watching Royster blow blitz pickups over and over is going to get RGIII killed, his terrrible misread and then whiff is what caused Robert to abandon the pocket and nearly have his leg ripped off last game. Morris is not a 3rd down back and we need one desperately, just look at our terrible 3rd down conversion rate for the season and its not hard to figure out why it is that bad. Full playbook running backs like Arian Foster or Trent Richardson are so valuable and if you have the chance to get one you do it. Alfred Morris is our guy and putting up great numbers, but you have to be blind or a huge homer to not see the difference in talent and ability between him and Trent Richardson, let alone the dynamic it would add to our offense to have him out there. Our RB screens would be homeruns with how our line hits the second level.

I read a few posts that actually entertained this idea. To be honest, I would, without hesitation, take Morris all day. This team has started to become the prideful, hard nosed team of old and I want to keep it that way. Guys like Morris ad an intangible presence to our team. He is one of the players that drive our team's morale and grit. A 20mil "superstar" brings us back to the years where we failed miserably. I love seeing our guys play for each other. They love the fact that this dude drives an old car and runs his ass off every play. I'll take Morris all day, every day.

Archived