Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trent Richardson vs Alfred Morris. Straight up trade. Would you?

Dapo

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

No. AlMo has the right personality for this team (Richardson may as well, I don't know much about him). But, aside from that, AlMo embraces his role, has put up the best numbers we've ever seen from a rookie back and has earned his spot on the team.

Also, after his rookie contract is up, I doubt he's gonna be hard-assed about a huge 2nd contract. Richardson will likely expect a top 3 RB deal. This is assuming both have the types of numbers it seems reasonable to expect from them (1200+ yards, around 10 TD per year).

Love Morris, but you've gotta be nuts if you don't think Richardson would absolutely beast in this offense, especially with RGIII providing a passing game, and an additional running threat. From a value standpoint, it doesn't make sense since Morris is so cheap...but if say, their salaries were equal, I don't think anyone in their right mind would take Morris over Richardson.

Whether it's a good or bad thing, history with Shanahan leads one to think that Morris is probably more like a Olandis Gary, Mike Anderson, or Reuben Droughns than franchise back.

Honestly, the only thing holding back both richardson and almo is break away speed. i mean imagine what kind of damage a guy like adrian peterson or c.j. spiller could do in Washington. wow. and then add calvin johnson. and then clone him and line the clone up on the other side. *sigh* i need to stop dreaming

Don't forget Jamaal Charles, the fastest back in the league (sorry Calvin Johnson).

As it pertains to AlMo, he has been very consistent this year, very solid and has not made many mistakes. Please remember he also beat out some v. good backs in Hightower, Helu and Royster for the Top Dawg RB spot. That is not an easy feat.

Yes, he was overlooked in college. This team fits his running style, he has a no-nonsense approach to running (ala Brian Mitchell) and appears very, very durable (you can't put a price on that). So, if I had a choice I will stick to my back AlMo. Shanahan knows RBs so I am sure AlMo will have a great career in Washington, if he stays healthy.

No. AlMo has the right personality for this team (Richardson may as well, I don't know much about him). But, aside from that, AlMo embraces his role, has put up the best numbers we've ever seen from a rookie back and has earned his spot on the team.

Also, after his rookie contract is up, I doubt he's gonna be hard-assed about a huge 2nd contract. Richardson will likely expect a top 3 RB deal. This is assuming both have the types of numbers it seems reasonable to expect from them (1200+ yards, around 10 TD per year).

^ This and then some. We have a great young RB who does nothing but gain yardage and churn. He has no off-field issues and is a perfect compliment to our speedy QB. I really don't want to have to find out if Batman can still be effective without Robin. What we have now works. For decades we've suffered through ineffective offensive schemes and players, now that we have them our fans want to trade away the winning combination??

There is only one back in the entire league that is worth trading for, and giving a lot of money to: AP. That's it. That's the list.

I love what we have in Morris. Great guy, great personality, fits the scheme like a glove. He doesn't have to be a 2000 yard back to be effective. He just needs to force defenses to respect the run, bring defenders up, and allow RGIII to hit them over the top.

What they have is a perfect blend of personality, talent, chemistry and teamwork. I wouldn't break that up.

Why does everyone always want more?

We have kid that's done things a 6 round rook just isn't 'sposed to do, all things being equal. And still we're not satisfied.

To answer the OP, no, I wouldn't make the trade, The cap hit for one would cripple us, and totally screw up the rebuild just as we're getting close to competing again. And honestly, I don't rate Richardson as an elite back. Didn't in college,. Don't in the pro's. Would I upgrade 'The Butler' to someone with breakneck, game changing speed? No question, and that's no slight on Morris. But an All Day/ Sanders/ Emmitt type back are special, special commodities that win games all by themselves. But Richardson just isn't that type of back IMHO. And until there's one out there, I'm happy to ride the honest hard graft of Alfred as far as it can take us.

Hail.

Seriously?

This thread has the makings of a "Romo sits to pee trade for RG3" type thing.

Um, yeah...I'll take the next dual threat megastar. And people using a comparatively cheap rookie wage scale contract to justify their homerism is amusing.

Still love Alf, though.

Ha ha. I know it's a hypothetical question, but TR has not seperated himself from Almo and look at the YPC. I'll enjoy our low draft pick, his salary and his output.

Remember the Almo.

You're nuts. Richardson is clearly better than Albert--Albert plays on a team dedicated to the run, with a good run blocking line and a coach who has a rep for getting the most out of his running backs. Richardson plays behind a bad line.

Trent Richardson is a different type of Runningback, and I do not believe he would be as good of a fit in our offense. While he would still be great, like a Clinton Portis type runner in our Offense, who I have loved, but I think Alfred Morris just fits this Offense to a tee! One-cut, reads the hole well, and always makes the first Defender miss. Great stuff.

This has been answered the way I see it several times, but I'll put my 2 cents in on it. No, I would not. Not with the difference in salery and our cap hit. Trent is a better back, but he isnt 10x better than Alfred. I really like what we have in Alfred and he is dirt cheap. And that means something when you have a 18 million dollar cap hit. I'm very happy with Morris right now.

You're nuts. Richardson is clearly better than Albert--Albert plays on a team dedicated to the run, with a good run blocking line and a coach who has a rep for getting the most out of his running backs. Richardson plays behind a bad line.

I thought the Browns OL was considered one of their strengths...

OL can be a strength but if teams dont fear your passing game, when they stack the box its harder to run on.

While that may be true, I'd question how much of the Browns any Redskin fan has actually watched to make those claims. Morris has outperformed Richardson this year, and Morris' style is identical to what people would expect from Richardson anyway. I just don't see the point of switching.

I'd like them both actually. Perfect 1,2 punch

---------- Post added December-11th-2012 at 10:08 AM ----------

T-Rich is overrated man. 3 yards a carry are you serious.

Dude I once saw him run with 10 men in the box and still got 8 yards.. he's been facing a full box all season.

Archived