Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trent Richardson vs Alfred Morris. Straight up trade. Would you?

Dapo

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

i'd go with alfred moriss. he's been spot on for this team this season :) really a bright spot. this season he has proven that he can carry the workload for our team and he can get TDs. when was the last time any of our RBs got more than 3 or 4 TDs in a season? he could be on pace for 9 or 10 by seasons end. definitely have to go with him.

i'd go with alfred moriss. he's been spot on for this team this season :) really a bright spot. this season he has proven that he can carry the workload for our team and he can get TDs. when was the last time any of our RBs got more than 3 or 4 TDs in a season? he could be on pace for 9 or 10 by seasons end. definitely have to go with him.

Trent already has 10 total tds on the season...

no, only because this is 2012, not 1983. you don't build around RBs anymore, so spending 20 mil over 4 years makes no sense. RBs are a dime a dozen...better to use that money in other spots, like safety for instance.
Morris has more heart, and you can't beat his character.

Easy choice....

I completely agree with both of these. The choice is simple IMO, Alfred all day.

Listen to Richardson and here's why you don't trade Alfred (Al'Fred) Morris...his childhood rival!

http://video-embed.cleveland.com/services/player/bcpid619326673001?bctid=2031493977001&bckey=AQ~~,AAAAQBxUNqE~,xKBGzTdiYSQED_HQJlhmSCKNFh rBY-nL

Seeing how they were rivals throughout little league and even into high school, I wonder how Richardson ended up at Alabama and Morris at FAU. I think a lot of people are giving Richardson more respect because of him playing at a school where he got a lot of exposure. No one has considered the possibility that Morris is actually the better of the two.

I don't know of any back in the league I'd rather have than Alfred Morris? It's more than just talent that comes into play here, the guy just seems like a true Redskin to me. Yes they're more talented players throughout the league at the RB position but there is something special about Morris. I just feel like he's one of those players that I will be telling my grandkids about when I'm old and grey.

I voted initially for the trade. But thinking it over, the mindset and personality of Alfred has made me change my mind.

He's extremely mature, and obviously very humble. Nothing was handed to him, and he'll continue to work hard throughout his career. He's also smart and knows that he needs to take care of his body in order to stay durable.

We'll never have any off-field problems with Alfred to boot.

I guess all the people that would trade ALMO for T RICH would also trade RGIII for Jason Campbell . Damn people I cant understand why we finally get something that works and you want to come up with this crap. HTTR!

It's fun to speculate, especially since Trent was a first rounder.

The fact that the debate has raged on makes me giddy (with contentment). We're comparing a 6th round draft choice with a top-5 overall pick.

No matter what, the Redskins got a steal in Morris.

I'm rewatching some of our games right now, and one thing I think every fan underrates about Morris is his field vision/agility. Actually, I think they're SEVERELY underrated. Our zone scheme requires a back with field vision. Example: I am currently watching our game against the Ravens, and I'm seeing Morris run for big yards against 8 men in the box. Now most people will give the threat of Griffin all the credit, but no, I am seeing Morris take handoffs into playside B gap, and take one cut instantly to backside C gap, and get North as soon as he hits the hole. He is completely embarrassing linebackers.

For people that may not understand the terminology, imagine someone with no football I.Q. watching a game, and when they see someone get tackled they make a statement, "Why didn't he run that way it was wide open?" You'd probably think, "because it's not that simple, stupid." Well Morris is actually seeing those lanes and making those cuts. It's like he's playing with the Madden view. If you need comparison, just watch any other person carry the ball when Morris is out. They can't seem to find a hole most of the time, but Morris does it consistently.

I have gained more and more respect for this guy as I've studied him. I was tentative at first because of the whole Shanahan system, but we've got a helluva running back on our hands.

Which picks up the blitz better?

Good question. I think AlMo has better vision, so he's reading them better than T-Rich this season, even if he's not more physical in blocking. Most people don't talk about how important blocking is. Joseph Addai averaged like 2 ypc for a decade but was still important to Manning and the Colts.

Recent story out of Cleveland is that Childress has declared that he's not demoting Richardson. It's not a good sign when there are strong enough advocates for that kind of move for an OC to have to quash the suggestion.

Frankly, it might be the right move for them if Richardson's role was diminished. Hardesty jumps out at you more on the tape (and, incidentally, would be a much better scheme fit for us than Richardson would be).

I'm rewatching some of our games right now, and one thing I think every fan underrates about Morris is his field vision/agility.

I have gained more and more respect for this guy as I've studied him. I was tentative at first because of the whole Shanahan system, but we've got a helluva running back on our hands.

Every fan? I don't think so. :pfft:

There were several of us around here that had Morris called out as a significant upgrade to Royster and Helu before the regular season even started. His vision, ability to work through tight spaces, and power is special and it was very apparent even then.

Recent story out of Cleveland is that Childress has declared that he's not demoting Richardson. It's not a good sign when there are strong enough advocates for that kind of move for an OC to have to quash the suggestion.

Frankly, it might be the right move for them if Richardson's role was diminished. Hardesty jumps out at you more on the tape (and, incidentally, would be a much better scheme fit for us than Richardson would be).

Every fan? I don't think so. :pfft:

There were several of us around here that had Morris called out as a significant upgrade to Royster and Helu before the regular season even started. His vision, ability to work through tight spaces, and power is special and it was very apparent even then.

The problem with Hardesty is that he's been really injury prone. He was a 2nd round pick in 2010, and suffered an ACL in preseason. Last year he was on and off. He's a very solid runner when healthy, but that qualifier was enough of a concern that they went out and drafted Richardson.

That being said, both guys are young, if they were both healthy and worked into a rotation they could have a very dangerous backfield.

As for Morris, what you said exactly. Morris has great feet, balance, vision, etc. The only thing I think that is keeping him from being an elite complete back is speed. The thing is that Foster isn't all that fast either, and he's done tremendously.

Archived