Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This game belongs to Alfred Morris

NikoBellic

After his fumble, it seemed like he was really upset with himself. And then he proceeded to run harder than any Redskins RB I've ever seen in an effort to redeem himself.

I feel bad that he has to live in RG3's shadow. He closed out the game with three hard runs, yet the crowd erupted with chants of RG3 instead of applauding Almo. C'mon man. He puts the team on his back just as much as RG3 does, and the fans need to show him love.

Also, London Fletcher was amazing today.

I was going to say exactly the same thing. Morris ran like a man possessed after that fumble. I LOVE that guy. He reminds me of Stephen Davis! He is all heart and passion and kind of overlooked. When the skins get the lead they just punish you with Morris!

After his fumble, it seemed like he was really upset with himself. And then he proceeded to run harder than any Redskins RB I've ever seen in an effort to redeem himself.

I feel bad that he has to live in RG3's shadow. He closed out the game with three hard runs, yet the crowd erupted with chants of RG3 instead of applauding Almo. C'mon man. He puts the team on his back just as much as RG3 does, and the fans need to show him love.

Also, London Fletcher was amazing today.

I don't know man, I get the "living in his shadow" statement, but those guys compliment each other so nicely. Neither of them would do what they do without the other. We're blessed to have them both.

I said the same thing to my friend as the game was coming to a close - Morris was unquestionably the MVP of this game. Garcon and RG3 also had great games but Morris ran determined all night, especially after the fumble. The fumble hurt but we were able to overcome it and this team continues to gain confidence and play with more heart. This was exactly the kind of effort and passion I was hoping to see coming out of the bye week. One game at a time and the Ravens certainly look beatable. It's going to be another tough game but it's definitely one we can win.

I hope the crowd is as into it next week as they were tonight.

I don't know man, I get the "living in his shadow" statement, but those guys compliment each other so nicely. Neither of them would do what they do without the other. We're blessed to have them both.

Oh, and I think that a big amount of credit goes to system and execution.

The whole thing of RG3 deciding whether to give the ball to Morris based on whether the D bites? And the thing about giving him the ball, and then taking it back? Without fumbling it 3 times a game?

There's some serious smarts, and some sick ball handling skills, between those two. And of course, each of their successes make the other one look better.

Believe it or not, we're actually a TEAM. :)

Best running back we've had since I've been watching. He's a better Terry Allen. Goodness, he looked genuinely hurt (emotionally) after that fumble. At that point, he looked like he was out for ice cold revenge. Again, best running back we've had in generations.

Believe it or not, we're actually a TEAM. :)

It's incredible, I'm a young fan so I've never experienced this type of thing before. Yeah we went to the playoffs a few times, but it never felt like we were true contenders that could beat any team, and slam the ball down their throats. I am in fan bliss mode right now. Just in time for finals.

Life is good. I love both those guys, and might be buying myself a Morris jersey soon.

Our O-line has been doing a really nice job, too. It must be a full moon or something. :)

Man, it is so nice to see our guys get rewarded for playing hard. Al Mo is a stud. Haslett deserves some credit as well. Who woulda lost their life savings betting that our D would give up only 3 points in the second half? I'm still shocked.

Young and Morris bring the pain. Great game by our players and staff. Kyle went for the jugular and then Al Mo got in behind Silverback for three straight grinders on the left side. Morris' emotion after that play was great. Steve Young talking about the eruption on our sideline after that play...the league is being put on notice. :)

Alfred seems like the type of runner whose never going to break the 50 or 60 yard TD run.

But he's going to rip off CHUNKS at 10 and 15 yards a clip, he's going to get back to the line most of the time he's hit behind it, and he's going to consistently move the chains. And I'm PERFECTLY okay with that because our home run threat is the guy standing in the backfield with him.

When Helu's back and we can have him in Bank's place as the other guy in the Diamond formation, that'll also do it.

Alfred is a beast, a ton of heart, a great character, and a hard runner. He's going to be a cornerstone sitting on top of the foundation of RG3 for years to come. The man is a bulldozer

Just an interesting note, given the comments on even much more running calls being often asked for by many posters---so many media figures--former players, coaches, and analysts, and not just the dumbasses---are praising the schemes and the results of Mike and Kyle with their personnel, Big Time, but if you read these board you'd think we have an over-rated HC and an OC who's considered almost a moron half the time and "fairly decent" the other half. Like I say, just adds to perspective.

On a more specific note, i would like to see one of our play breakdown guys address in detail what so many folks repeatedly post about regarding our red zone activity---mostly about the "horrendous play calling" in that situation. Can there possibly be any explanation other than the HC/OC are clueless in this vital matter? :)

Just an interesting note, given the comments on even much more running calls being often asked for by many posters---so many media figures--former players, coaches, and analysts, and not just the dumbasses---are praising the schemes and the results of Mike and Kyle with their personnel, Big Time, but if you read these board you'd think we have an over-rated HC and an OC who's considered almost a moron half the time and "fairly decent" the other half. Like I say, just adds to perspective.

On a more specific note, i would like to see one of our play breakdown guys address in detail what so many folks repeatedly post about regarding our red zone activity---mostly about the "horrendous play calling" in that situation. Can there possibly be any explanation other than the HC/OC are clueless in this vital matter? :)

Good call. I've been reading some other teams boards and i've seen tons of praise for Kyle and the offensive gameplan.

You know, Martin has more TDs, but for my money I take Morris as the better of those two rookie RBs.

They have the same rush yards, 1106, but Morris is more consistent week to week. Martin had that one 250 yard game boosting his stats, but he has only 3 100+ yard rushing days. Morris meanwhile has 5.

And Morris, out of 12 games, has only 3 with a YPC of less that 4 yards, while Martin has 5 games below 4 YPC.

Morris, after the fumble, looked angry and dangerous. He ran with more purpose than anyone I've seen in recent years.

And have to give the Oline lots of credit too. They get him a hole, and while someone might get a hand on Morris, they can't wrap him up until he's past the line, and once he's there you usually need 2-3 guys to bring him down.

Morris absolutely beasted out there. The fumble was unfortunate, but the way he atoned for it shows a lot about his mental toughness. I don't know if he's naturally that austere a kid or if the RG III effect is trickling down to the rest of the players but its nice to see players making gutty plays. The best part of this game is that we won ugly. Not everyone was making plays, but the team bailed itself out. Oh and Young is looking more and more like a pro-bowl caliber FB.

Morris is a BEAST, but Huge hats off to the key blocking of D. Young! We got a hell of a FB folks...Damn I'm a happy sleep deprived Skins fan!

Not to mention, 2 key 1st down runs. 2 runs for 8 yards, nothing special to look at, except both were 3rd downs for 1st downs keeping drives alive, and you can't put a price on that.

Honestly as I posted in a separate thread, this was a whole team effort. Defense, offense, RG3, Morris...they all made big plays when it counted. It was dirty, it was nasty, it was a grind...it was Redskins football.

I trace this DIRECTLY to the bye when Griff became team captain. Some serious motivation going on.

I loved how Morris got the ball right after he fumbled it in the previous possession. What I loved about it was that he ran for the hardest 10 yards I have ever seen. I just thought to myself how great it is to have guys really care about the team and game.

Archived